R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Ordering soon... Need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:47 AM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering soon... Need advice!

Im placing my order soon. I have a couple of questions and would love your input!

1. HD Radio: Does it live up to the hype? I'm getting the SIRIUS Satellite radio, but I'm not sure about the HD.

2. I'm getting the Laser Blue and want the interior to be pacific blue. Does anyone know if these two colors look alright together? It's hard to tell when you build it online whether the colors are even close to the same.

Please help!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:25 AM
rikmeister
3rd Gear
if you are close to a dealer it is best to go and look at colours and interiors . the internet is not so great at depicting colours acurately. someone else will have to chime in about the radio choices.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:47 AM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
Might check your area for HD radio stations. Here in the Bay area most of the stations I can tune into have HD, the sound quality is much improved from the standard "FM". Which means that the commercials come in even better too LOL.

I don't have Laser blue (pew pew), I'm sure someone has that combo though and could share their opinion on it

Old 05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LaserMiniLover
Im placing my order soon. I have a couple of questions and would love your input!

1. HD Radio: Does it live up to the hype? I'm getting the SIRIUS Satellite radio, but I'm not sure about the HD.

2. I'm getting the Laser Blue and want the interior to be pacific blue. Does anyone know if these two colors look alright together? It's hard to tell when you build it online whether the colors are even close to the same.

Please help!
Re: #2 - We have a Laser Blue Clubman S which we thought long and hard about before ordering our color scheme so I'll share my opinion, FWIW. First, Laser Blue is absolutely beautiful in person (much moreso than in pictures or on the configurator from what we can tell) so have no fear there. The interior shade of "Pacific Blue" is NOT an exact match and it looks better/worse depending on the lighting so be well aware of that when choosing your options. It was the very first thing I noticed (and which bothered me) in the showroom when pulling together our specs. Pacific Blue works much better with Lightning Blue, IMO. We definitely wanted to bring some color to the interior but were afraid of creating a circus-like appearance using too much of a mis-matched blue so we opted to use the Pacific Blue color-line only on the dash and arm rests, keeping the seats all black (Punch leather, in our case). Now that it's here, we feel it was the best decision for us as it seems to be a non-issue anymore; meaning just enough "blue" for continuity & impact without calling attention to the off-shade. Just an opinion, YMMV; everybody's different. HTH. Good Luck with your decision!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
rockridge
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My Car is Lightning blue, and my MA talked me out of getting the pacific blue interior. I glad he did. I have the Carbon punch leather interior, and am very happy with the monochromatic look.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got this option as part of the audio package with my car.

If you have stations you like in your area, it's worth it. The HD stations in my area sound 100% clearer the FM. Of all the sound inputs (Ipod, Fm, Am, CD. Sat), HD sounds the best to my ears. I've never had Sat radio before and some of the Sirius channels sound terrible, worse than streaming audio online.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please help!
chiming in, the laser blue looks awesome with the pac blue color! I didn't get it, but check out the laser blue owners club posting and you'll see it in a couple pictures. Plus I think someone just posted theirs in the week 15 or 16 support thread..

edit: found it...it's in week 15
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...=134431&page=4

Last edited by MINIchaser; 05-05-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 05-05-2008, 04:26 PM
StarryEyed
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
Re: #2 - We have a Laser Blue Clubman S which we thought long and hard about before ordering our color scheme so I'll share my opinion, FWIW. First, Laser Blue is absolutely beautiful in person (much moreso than in pictures or on the configurator from what we can tell) so have no fear there. The interior shade of "Pacific Blue" is NOT an exact match and it looks better/worse depending on the lighting so be well aware of that when choosing your options. It was the very first thing I noticed (and which bothered me) in the showroom when pulling together our specs. Pacific Blue works much better with Lightning Blue, IMO. We definitely wanted to bring some color to the interior but were afraid of creating a circus-like appearance using too much of a mis-matched blue so we opted to use the Pacific Blue color-line only on the dash and arm rests, keeping the seats all black (Punch leather, in our case). Now that it's here, we feel it was the best decision for us as it seems to be a non-issue anymore; meaning just enough "blue" for continuity & impact without calling attention to the off-shade. Just an opinion, YMMV; everybody's different. HTH. Good Luck with your decision!

I see on your little badge/picture thing that the laser blue color is very light. Is this what the laser blue color looks like? I thought it was a little darker. I've seen 2 colors that people call laser blue.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:29 PM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see on your little badge/picture thing that the laser blue color is very light. Is this what the laser blue color looks like? I thought it was a little darker. I've seen 2 colors that people call laser blue.

Check this thread...tons of pics of laser blue!!
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=98702

depending on the lighting, the color may look lighter or darker, which is the beauty of the laser blue metallic!

Old 05-05-2008, 04:35 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
No, it's a little darker. That just happened to be the badge I copied, but I need to adjust the color of it making it deeper or find another to copy that's more accurate. Sorry for any confusion, although Laser Blue is a bit changeable depending on the lighting (like so many of the metallics). I'll try to get some pix up in my gallery soon.