R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Comfort Access w/ Checker Handle

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 06:57 PM
mysticturner
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Comfort Access w/ Checker Handle

I got a call from my MA today. I had wanted to get the door handles on Bimini in checkers. Problem is that I also have the Comfort access. The two are incompatible because of the extra button on the door handle for comfort access.

The question I have is is there a solution?

Old 05-20-2008, 07:30 PM
catguy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would Never have a button to push to get in any car.. natural oils on your hand does a job on any dark car... I wish only a button to push to get the door to unlock and open it with a chrome handle..

Old 05-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by catguy
I would Never have a button to push to get in any car.. natural oils on your hand does a job on any dark car... I wish only a button to push to get the door to unlock and open it with a chrome handle..

The Comfort Access button is on the chrome handle.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:40 PM
cutters68
2nd Gear
Comfort access is awesome. Love the little rubber button on the chrome handle. Walk up push button open door get in push button start and go. Coolest thing ever! Well maybe not ever but pretty darn cool!

Old 05-21-2008, 05:03 AM
mysticturner
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by catguy
Sounds like Comfort Access is what catguy wants. Comfort access is NOT a button you push on the door then the door opens automatically for you. Comfort access IS a small rubber button about 1/2" to the left of the keyhole, positioned on the chrome handle. You don't need to touch your key fob. Just walk up to the car, press the little rubber button, the door unlocks and you open the door normally, using the chrome handle. Once inside you still leave the key fob alone. You just press the start button and drive away.

But back to the question. Since the door handle has the extra button, the normal checkered door handles available from MINI will not work. And my MA said that MINI does not yet have a version available for the comfort access handles (parts lady confirmed this). So the question stands - Are there any solutions to this problem? Can I get checkered handles now or do I just have to accept it and wait until MINI (or a vendor) produces some?

Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 AM
geekswrath
5th Gear
Perhaps a vinyl wrap for the handles not a perfect solution but it could work in the meantime. I think someone on here was looking into getting his wrapped in blackjack.