R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 I have a dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:31 AM
abcjh4
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, the discrimination. I *wanted* a lightning blue, but the selection was limited at my dealer and so I got a chili red. Do you have a quota on your board as well for "almost LBs"? (Need I remind you that I am your first member!???!)

Originally Posted by Jolyrogr
By the way, the bylaws state that Lightning Blues will make up the board of directors.

Last edited by abcjh4; 05-29-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:45 AM
revray
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I shall transform this support group into the "Lightning Red Astro Blue Pepper Green British Racing Yellow Bright Nightfire Black Sparkling Mellow White Chili Pure Dark Laser Silver Owners Coalition!"
We should probably have asked this earlier ... but if we join the yaddah yaddah yaddah group mentioned above, does that mean we have to withdraw our membership from our other support groups? And would I have to take the Chili Red thing out of my signature? Or can I add all the other ones to it?

I'm just trying to clarify what exactly the rules are. Like with the $199.00 fee thing. My check is in the mail, BTW, and for the record, my SSN is 123-45-6789.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:18 AM
D-Unit
4th Gear
actually, Lightning Blue and Laser Blue are the fastest. Just simple physics. I know red cars are generally faster, but lightning is light (duh), as are lasers, and nothing can travel faster than light. Sorry everyone else, but that is scientific proof.

Although I have heard of chili going pretty fast (though people's digestive system, and out the other end).

Old 05-29-2008, 07:04 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Viola and I were feeling so lonely because we couldn't find a car that looked like her in the "What if Cars had been done with MINIs" list. This club has made us feel slightly less lonely, especially since it made her color sound way cool... "Pure Dark Laser Silver". We adore the sound of that.

We approve of this club, and have sent our check and SSN along with one of our minions to discuss this whole silly business of Lightning Blues being the only board members. We are quite certain that membership in this club is required for world domination.

Scuttle... on. Muahahahahaha!

Old 05-29-2008, 07:34 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by D-Unit
actually, Lightning Blue and Laser Blue are the fastest. Just simple physics.
MINI is supposed to roll out Warp 10 Yellow....that'll be way faster!!! Astral Orange is due for release in '10....who knows how fast that will be. They did try to mix Nightfire Red and Oxygen Blue but the resulting color ignited and blew up....the fireball was pretty darn fast, though.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Jolyrogr
3rd Gear
LOL. Nice. Volatile color combinations. I love it.

And yes, sorry, Lightning Blues are the board members. Remember, there is no discrimination but we need a strong leadership to make sure everyone does what is best.

However, as ambassador to all the other colors, ABCJH4 will be on the board as he was indeed the first member to join the coalition.

And yes, I cant dispute D-Unit's scientifically conducted experiments and empirical results stating that Lightning Blue and Laser Blue (to a lesser extent as they are manmade) are indeed the fastest colors as they are composed of light and if there were faster car it would time travel back to 1971 and become a Ford Pinto. However, I have seen some unsanctioned tests carried out on Chili Reds and the results were indeed quite surprising.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Jolyrogr
3rd Gear
By the way, "Car" just got off the boat this morning. It's got some papers to fill out at customs and some drinking to do down at the docks and then will be on an private jet to O'Hare. Hopefully I will have it next week. It's bringing the official bylaws with it from the Queen.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Kyran
2nd Gear
Red is the fastest colour Im sorry to say but dark silver is the coolest

Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Jolyrogr
3rd Gear
Flog that man!!! Dunk him in oil till he confesses his sins!

(But make sure you get his donation check first).

Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 AM
revray
4th Gear
I cant dispute D-Unit's scientifically conducted experiments and empirical results stating that Lightning Blue and Laser Blue (to a lesser extent as they are manmade) are indeed the fastest colors as they are composed of light and if there were faster car it would time travel back to 1971 and become a Ford Pinto. However, I have seen some unsanctioned tests carried out on Chili Reds and the results were indeed the quite surprising.
Actually, if you need scientific proof regarding Chili Red being the fastest, see chart below ... this chart shows that all light "red shifts". And that's because all light wants to go faster and faster until it hits the speed of light. And since red is at the top of the chart, that means red is fastest. So there!

Old 05-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Jolyrogr
3rd Gear
Actually, redshift occurs when the object emitting the light is moving away from the observer, therefore increasing the wavelength of the visible light and thus causing the observer to see the object as redshifted, i.e. only see the longer red wavelengths emitted by that object. Conversely blueshift is the opposite. Perceived effect of an object moving towards observer.

If one looks at the actual wavelength of light itself, as shown on your nicely googled chart below, one sees that the red end of the spectrum is comprised of longer wavelength of light, hence, less energy. The blue end is comprised of shorter, higher energy wavelengths. Blue light, then xrays, then gamma rays. Additionally, if you look at the highest energy level of visible light, you get violet. As there are no violet Mini's, we can conclude that the next darkest color of blue, Lightning Blue, is the highest energy color and therefore the fasted car.

Conversely the red cars are indeed the SLOWEST.

To back up my arguments, if you look in the bylaws in section 45, paragraph 9, subseciton 7.5, paragraph 2, appendix 8b, line 45, you will see that I am always right anyway.

But nice try.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 AM
revray
4th Gear
If you guys keep coming back with your wordy arguments about such mundane things, I'll just have to bring my wife into the discussion. In my house she always has the last say, but I was trying to not have to resort to such means. And trust me, she has a way of superceding all scientific logic. However, knowing that she is not near as partial to Chili Red (she would much prefer Pepper White) I would probably not resort to her anyway. So for the time being, I'm going to let you think you're right.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Jolyrogr
3rd Gear
Well, apparently your donation check got lost in the mail so right now you're out of luck. I'll have our accounting department look into the matter but that could take a while. We'll call you back in 7 to 10 business years.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:02 AM
dmc27
1st Gear
As a new member to NMA, and a "soon-to-be-owner-maybe-if-the-deal-is-right-and-the-stars-align" I am here on a research mission. Since this forum is so friggin enormous, I must say I am slightly overwhelmed and require immediate assistance. This new support group seems so convoluted I can only conclude it is perfect for me. However, I have no color or trim list to use as my support group identity. Does this preclude me from becoming a member?

If it helps, you can send me your name & addy, bank account info, and SSN so I can transfer my membership fees.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Jolyrogr
3rd Gear
You will be placed into the "invisible" color category as a charter member.

I am precluded from sending my bank info to you, but what you can do is send a cashiers check, along with your birth certificate and drivers license (they will be returned to you in 6 weeks) to the coalition headquarters.

A copy of the bylaws will be sent to you.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
dmc27
1st Gear
Awesome. As long as coalition HQ is located somewhere in Nigeria. That way I know it's all legit.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Jolyrogr
3rd Gear
LOL. Well naturally. We are most legitimate and have many moneys to invest in United States of America. Please to send me your informations and we can transfer small amount of funds to you with many more monies transfers to follow. We look forward to establishing business relations with you sir.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 AM
exile
1st Gear
this is not funny for those of us who have not ordered yet becuase we are in a color crisis.

i, for one, welcome the color champions in each of the little clubs, in hopes they can convince me that their color is stronger, faster and better than the others, thereby ending my color crisis.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:29 AM
dmc27
1st Gear

you forgot to sign:

Your warmly friend,
xxxxxxx

Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Whilst you colourful lot hash out whose colour is best ...
We of the Checkerboard Brotherhood watch, and wait ...
Checkmate is our motto -- you'll hear it too late ...

Last edited by Red Dragoon; 05-29-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: fix spelling
Old 05-29-2008, 10:43 AM
FlyingZ06
3rd Gear
Old 05-29-2008, 10:44 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Exile, I'll put in my vote for Pure Silver. First of all, the color is classy and subtle. Second of all, it hardly shows dirt. Where I live, it's pine pollen season and all the other cars are coated in a fine layer of yellow dust. Viola is perfectly silver as always, as if the yellow stuff were completely invisible on her.

Furthermore, who needs to go fast when you are behind the wheel of an Evil Genius? Viola is plotting to take over the world, I'm just along for the ride. As long as I'm included in her plans for world domination and get to drive on occassion, what more could I possibly need?

Happy motoring!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:46 AM
D-Unit
4th Gear
Actually, redshift occurs when the object emitting the light is moving away from the observer, therefore increasing the wavelength of the visible light and thus causing the observer to see the object as redshifted, i.e. only see the longer red wavelengths emitted by that object. Conversely blueshift is the opposite. Perceived effect of an object moving towards observer.

If one looks at the actual wavelength of light itself, as shown on your nicely googled chart below, one sees that the red end of the spectrum is comprised of longer wavelength of light, hence, less energy. The blue end is comprised of shorter, higher energy wavelengths. Blue light, then xrays, then gamma rays. Additionally, if you look at the highest energy level of visible light, you get violet. As there are no violet Mini's, we can conclude that the next darkest color of blue, Lightning Blue, is the highest energy color and therefore the fasted car.

Conversely the red cars are indeed the SLOWEST.

To back up my arguments, if you look in the bylaws in section 45, paragraph 9, subseciton 7.5, paragraph 2, appendix 8b, line 45, you will see that I am always right anyway.

But nice try.
so the old Purple Haze 1st gens are the fastest then.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:48 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
For Exile's benefit, and because Viola wants to show off:

Um... nevermind for some reason, I can't figure out how to upload the pictures directly into this thread so... here's a link to the gallery:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co.../51075/cat/500

Last edited by RandomGemini; 05-29-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Pic didn't show up...
Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 AM
MINI_88
1st Gear
I really like this support group except for one small detail: colour is spelled with a "u"!

Quick Reply: R56 I have a dumb question