R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 I have a dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:18 PM
revray
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On this austere occasion, as I considered how to properly post #500, I asked myself what thread, of all the ones I have contributed to, was most deserving of such an honor, and I decided that it was this one. As it turns out, we did not take over the MINIverse, but it was sure fun trying! So fellow jousters, here's to all those of us who have yet to reach 1,000, but who intend to die trying!

_

Old 08-06-2008, 05:26 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Now that you mention it, revray, I think I will come back to make sure my #1000 post will be this one. Such creativity, such jollity, such jocularity, such brutality!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:00 PM
MCS07MGM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Roman numerals, you're at D!

Originally Posted by revray
On this austere occasion, as I considered how to properly post #500, I asked myself what thread, of all the ones I have contributed to, was most deserving of such an honor, and I decided that it was this one. As it turns out, we did not take over the MINIverse, but it was sure fun trying! So fellow jousters, here's to all those of us who have yet to reach 1,000, but who intend to die trying!_
Indeed RevRay ... surely there must be at least one more YADQ lurking about to ponder over ... perhaps being a bit unkind to our colleague NAMers, but I have noticed some actual less than intellectual subjects lately ... in any event, we ought to periodically ping this thread to avoid its languishing away to oblivion ...

wls

Old 08-06-2008, 08:45 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
As it turns out, we did not take over the MINIverse, _
You know, after the day Viola and I have had adventuring for 300 miles of highway, and after one conversation with a police officer, due to her newly purchased roof graphic and an overhead aircraft.. and all of the sacrifices of those poor, devoted bugs who gave themselves up to her bonnet for the sake of our plans to dominate the world through MINI motoring love, you must know that it wounds me to see someone say that we did not take over the MINIverse, in the past tense. It's as if there were no hope of such an event, and as you well know, those of us of the Pure Dark Silver Sisterhood must take offense at the idea that we have failed in our endeavors.

Nay, I say unto thee! Nay!

Our time shall come and Pure Silver MINIs shall rise from the stealthy corners in which they lurk to feed upon the marrow of the MINIverse, until then they remain in hiding. Silent, dark heroes upon whom the fate of the world depends!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:04 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Perhaps the Pure Dark Silver Sisterhood and the Checkerboard Brotherhood should strike an alliance, a political marriage as it were, for multiverse domination. And we could always bring in the Chili Reds; they got the numbers, there's gazillions of them; every Movement needs foot soldiers.

Food for thought.

CROC 411

Old 08-07-2008, 05:48 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
OH, I disagree -- I think MINIverse domination through motoring love will take the concerted efforts of the entire "I have a dumb question" coalition. (I'd agree with the CR footsoldier idea though -- I like riding better than marching!!)

Old 08-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Makes sense that the entire "I have a dumb question" coalition will dominate, in order: the MINIverse, the Universe, the Multiverse.

Though someone has to be in charge, no? Perhaps we should refer this to committee.

"I have a dumb question" Coalition is quite a mouthful. Perhaps we should abbreviate it. But to what? IHaDQ ... IHaDQC ... Maybe DUMB which would make our opponents underestimate us and we can dominate before they blink.

Though something can be said for just Coalition which is vague enough to be unsettling to the uninitiated.

Foot soldiers admittedly poor choice of words, since this will be a Mechanized Movement, what with us all motoring MINIs. Panzer Grenadiers springs to mind, has a nice militaristic ring to it, or MINI Guards.

CROC 411

Old 08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I believe that it should be the Coalition for World Domination Through MINI Motoring Love, or just "The Coalition", for short. Viola and I do agree that having a name that inspires is important in such circumstances, and of course, there can be factions for each individual function that will be beneath the umbrella that is the Coalition.The Coalition will represent all of these interests and help them each achieve their one, intractable goal: to spread MINI motoring culture to the far corners of the globe. To extend the reach of the MINI so far that you will not be able to drive a single mile without waving to a fellow motorist. To put bugs in the teeth of every cabrio driver on the face of the globe!

My God... it will be beautiful.

As long as the goals of the Checkerboard Brotherhood align with these ideals, then I see no reason why a political marriage might not be in the favor of the Pure Dark Silver Sisterhood. Viola has been getting much better at playing Chess of late...

Old 08-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Parkerton
4th Gear
I have a Volvo, can I join?

Old 08-07-2008, 01:16 PM
MCS07MGM
2nd Gear
Of Course

Originally Posted by Parkerton
I have a Volvo, can I join?
Your query would appear to qualify ... provided you can demonstrate allegiance to MINI-driven principles and practices and subject to concurrence of the membership, excluding the CR faction.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Viola has been getting much better at playing Chess of late... -- RandomGemini

Excellent. Perhaps Viola should serve as liason between the Pure Dark Silver Sisterhood and the Checkerboard Brotherhood. They speak the same language, all those letters and numbers can get confusing, like Kg1 to f3. And Viola sounds an ideal candidate to serve on the Committee For the Determination of Just Who, Exactly, is in Charge.

I have a Volvo, can I join? Parkerton

As MCS07MGM put it, of course. We do need sturdy solid vehicles to clear the minefields once the Campaign, a noble effort, is unleashed.

subject to concurrence of the membership, excluding the CR faction. -- MCS07MGM

What's this? Mutiny in the Ranks? Already? This MINIuniMultiversal Domination thing could be a much much longer Campaign than thought. Let's not tell the CRs about that one;they do tend to be hot-headed.

CROC 411

Old 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Red Dragoon

Excellent. Perhaps Viola should serve as liason between the Pure Dark Silver Sisterhood and the Checkerboard Brotherhood. They speak the same language, all those letters and numbers can get confusing, like Kg1 to f3. And Viola sounds an ideal candidate to serve on the Committee For the Determination of Just Who, Exactly, is in Charge.
Of course, the determination of who else is appropriate for the committee may take some time, but I'm sure we can weather the storm while Viola works the numbers and letters into something beneficial to all (read the PDSS and CBBH) parties. In the mean time, perhaps we should discuss an appropriate motoring badge.

Viola wants hers to say, "Evil Genius at Work", though I think that's a tad obvious, don't you agree?

Old 08-08-2008, 01:51 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
OK! I have nothing intelligent or pithy to say right now - I'm doing as revray did and marking my 1000th post with my most amusing thread subscription! YAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
HUZZAH! your 1,000th x uh oh x!

CROC 411

Old 08-08-2008, 02:03 PM
revray
4th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
OK! I have nothing intelligent or pithy to say right now - I'm doing as revray did and marking my 1000th post with my most amusing thread subscription! YAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday you only had 950 posts. How did you do 50 posts in one day?

_

Old 08-08-2008, 02:38 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Yesterday you only had 950 posts. How did you do 50 posts in one day?

_
You've heard of lead foot, right? x just has lead fingers, that's all. They were flying away at the keyboard before anyone noticed it!

Old 08-09-2008, 06:56 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I would love to be bashful and modest, but RandomGemini is right. Darn Catholic nun teachers! I can type. AND it was Friday, AND I didn't feel like doing my mountain of work.... Heh heh heh...I'd rather hang out with you guys!!

Old 08-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Following the lead of revray and x uh oh x I'm doing a milestone posting on this wicked cool thread.

CROC 411

Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Euseys
3rd Gear
That was $199, by check or postal money order?

HAHA

PS Lighting Blue is the fastest color, take my word for it.
Without lightning, storms would be boring.

Last edited by Euseys; 08-12-2008 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Lighting Blue Fan Club Member 12,349,498,298
Old 08-12-2008, 07:56 AM
revray
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Euseys
PS Lighting Blue is the fastest color, take my word for it. Without lightning, storms would be boring.
I don't want to get into a "which is the fastest color" argument, but I do feel the need to point out that you have only put forth an argument for why Lightning Blue is not the most boring color. If nothing else, we who inhabit this thread have a desperate need for our words to actually mean something ... even if what they end up meaning is of no consequence at all!

_

Old 08-12-2008, 08:36 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I don't want to get into a "which is the fastest color" argument, but I do feel the need to point out that you have only put forth an argument for why Lightning Blue is not the most boring color. If nothing else, we who inhabit this thread have a desperate need for our words to actually mean something ... even if what they end up meaning is of no consequence at all!
+1

Of course, Viola and I feel that none of the colors are particularly boring, especially since it was a painstaking and lengthy decision as to which color she should be... (or not, considering I picked her out of a litter of other MINIs, two of which were pure silver, one of which was oxy blue, and the remaining being astro black, and only one had the look of a car that was plotting to take over the world.)

Old 08-12-2008, 11:19 AM
revray
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
+1

Of course, Viola and I feel that none of the colors are particularly boring, especially since it was a painstaking and lengthy decision as to which color she should be... (or not, considering I picked her out of a litter of other MINIs, two of which were pure silver, one of which was oxy blue, and the remaining being astro black, and only one had the look of a car that was plotting to take over the world.)
What ho! Have we ... without fully realizing it ... hit upon an entirely new line of thought and debate!? That being ... which is the most boring color for a MINI. And of course, there's the corollary to that ... which is the most exciting color?

_

Old 08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Chili Red is the most exciting color. That comes from its inherent hotness.
Most boring? Well, it could take some time to narrow it down... But I know one thing, won't be any checkerboards on that list.

CROC 411

Old 08-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Ancient Mariner
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stumbled upon this thread by chance (hurt my toe, too!) and I am -to put it mildly- stunned and amazed. Just finished reading my way through all of it, and it's made me dizzy. I going to lie down for a while. But I'll be back, if for nothing else, to correct all of the misinformation being tossed so nonchalantly about. Miscreants shall be pandied. (dread-inducing music plays in background..)

Old 08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Aye, and who be better than The Ancient Mariner himself to get this thread ship-shape? Do you think we should mention the floggings? Yar.

CROC 411

Quick Reply: R56 I have a dumb question