R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Sacrilege

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:18 AM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP
Thanks, OXY--with those prices I'll leave the keys to the Smart Cars. Looks better on them, anyway.

I have the mandatory "actual size" sticker on mine...that's it!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:19 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I, for one, appreciate it - regardless of who came up with it!

"You don't accidentally become an A@@. It takes a bit of work." ~~ Ozzy Osbourne

"I'm very sane about how crazy I am." "All the good people are nuts." ~~Carrie Fisher (not as Leia; interview.)

"If you want results, press the red button. The rest are useless." ~~Homer Simpson

Old 06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Well, I, for one, appreciate it - regardless of who came up with it!
I do too thought it was hilarious. It's all over the web though. I don't think anyone around HERE authored it

Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 AM
PistWalrus
2nd Gear
In the words of Cicero, "To each his own". I love to auto X my S. I love the great fuel economy. I love the look on "ricers" faces when my Mini destroys them on the track so I understand the performance faction of the argument. The only problem I have is that many people do not care about performance. These people love their Mini's because they are great looking economical cars so of course these folks may feel differently about dolling them up. But guess what, most of these people live in the land of freedom and they will do as they please.

In the end I guess that we should all put as much flare on our cars as we can AND race the cars with all the garb on them. If anything, it will tick off the non Mini owners more. Why not?

Old 06-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Kelly Girl
Banned
Flare..

reminds me of "Office Space"

Old 06-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
Lumberg: "Ummmm, uh yeahhhh, we're gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday"

One of the top 5 funniest films of all time.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:55 PM
enricosonic
6th Gear
Originally Posted by leicaguy
I take some comfort in knowing that somewhere, sometime, someone in a "real car" is getting his doors blown off by a clown car.

Originally Posted by Mozza
Lumberg: "Ummmm, uh yeahhhh, we're gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday"

One of the top 5 funniest films of all time.
x2 - and underrated.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:00 PM
scribbledpaper
the land of far, far away
Originally Posted by NSXguy
I can hold back no longer. This is directed toward all those who drive Minis desecrated with artsy-fartsy, cutesy-poopsy doodads such as wind-up keys,"inflate me" rings and smiley faces. Have you no shame? The Mini is a legendary performance car. It is now part of the "ultimate driving machine" family. Need I explain to you why you don't see such abominations on other BMWs, WRXs, Evos or Porsches? Have a clue people! The Mini is the king of the small car segment, treat it with the respect it deserves! If you want cute and funky, you should be driving a Beetle. If you are among the guilty, go watch the original and remake of the Italian Job back to back to set your thinking strait, and then hope for forgiveness for your sacrilege from real Mini enthusiasts.
Thats the nice thing about MINI's -- you get to do your car your way, and I get to do my car my way! I'm satisified with all the extras on my car and I appreciate the differences we all have in taste! I enjoy looking at all the different ideas that people come up with for their cars. Why should we all look the same?

Old 06-10-2008, 04:07 PM
ClubDal
3rd Gear
LMAO

Originally Posted by wbarnhill
Just for that, I'm going to put a wind up key, pull to inflate tow hook, AND buy a MINI Bulldog for every seat to maximize the cute factor when my MINI is sitting around.

And I'll even get a mod for the horn so it makes a cartoonish "AOOOOOOGAH!" sound.

And I'll follow you around, honking every so often, and making people think that we hang out ALL the time.

You just wait.

OK, that's the best laugh I've had in weeks. Especially the AOOOOOOOGAH! horn. Thanks wbarnhill!!!

Last edited by ClubDal; 06-10-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:11 PM
got.pho?
4th Gear
i wanted to read all the posts but i didnt =/

my ''you-ification'' is trying to make it more ''mean''
but really... to each his own

Old 06-10-2008, 04:20 PM
dajiggalo
3rd Gear
I can hold back no longer. This is directed toward all those who drive Minis desecrated with artsy-fartsy, cutesy-poopsy doodads such as wind-up keys,"inflate me" rings and smiley faces. Have you no shame? The Mini is a legendary performance car. It is now part of the "ultimate driving machine" family. Need I explain to you why you don't see such abominations on other BMWs, WRXs, Evos or Porsches? Have a clue people! The Mini is the king of the small car segment, treat it with the respect it deserves! If you want cute and funky, you should be driving a Beetle. If you are among the guilty, go watch the original and remake of the Italian Job back to back to set your thinking strait, and then hope for forgiveness for your sacrilege from real Mini enthusiasts.
Whether it's a MINI, an NSX, a Camry, or a Lamborghini, at the end of the day its still a CAR!!!!... now don't get me wrong, whenever I see a Lambo or Ferrari (or an NSX for that matter) blinged-out with oversized, chromed, extremely gaudy rims (driven by an equally blinged-out owner), I cringe.... BUT, its a free a country, and if you want to paint your MINI plaid, and name it "Muffin, Munkey, King Midas the Third, or Toad the Wet Sprocket," its really none of our business..... rant done

Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dajiggalo
BUT, its a free a country, and if you want to paint your MINI plaid, and name it "Muffin, Munkey, King Midas the Third, or Toad the Wet Sprocket," its really none of our business..... rant done
You mean like this one, seen in Houston by my son-in-law while in his Checkmate?

Sorry, don't know the name...

Attached Thumbnails Sacrilege-plaidmini.jpg  
Old 06-10-2008, 06:49 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Ok...that might be a LITTLE over the top....

Old 06-10-2008, 08:03 PM
dajiggalo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by daffodildeb
You mean like this one, seen in Houston by my son-in-law while in his Checkmate?

Now that's gangster

Old 06-10-2008, 09:17 PM
MPowerF1
2nd Gear
I know, I know, different strokes for different folks but...

I completely agree with you. Every time I see one of those "cutesy-poopsy" MINIs running around, I nearly vomit in my mouth. I really, really don't like it at all. I bought the car for its performance and its shame to see a lot of that performance overlooked by those with flower wheels and the like.

Just an opinion...

Last edited by MPowerF1; 06-10-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Kelly Girl
Banned
JFC people this is NOT the fashion police...

sheesh

Old 06-10-2008, 10:50 PM
tugboatboy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP

I knew there was a reason I love Blondes,

Old 06-10-2008, 10:51 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by daffodildeb

So, is this the Burberry MINI?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 PM
kopov
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MPowerF1

I completely agree with you. Every time I see one of those "cutesy-poopsy" MINIs running around, I nearly vomit in my mouth. I really, really don't like it at all. I bought the car for its performance and its shame to see a lot of that performance overlooked by those with flower wheels and the like.

Just an opinion...
I share exactly the same opinion

Old 06-11-2008, 04:58 AM
revray
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MPowerF1

Just an opinion...
Originally Posted by kopov
I share exactly the same opinion
The problem I have with these kinds of statements is that it effectively reduces me and MS MINIVER to that of being second class citizens. If the only ones who can truly enjoy owning a MINI are those who are into performance, then no MCS owner can truly enjoy their MINI ... unless they have the JCW package. But even then, no one with a JCW package can truly enjoy their MINI unless they have all the additional performance mods available. And in the end, only one person can truly enjoy his/her MINI ... and that's the person who has THE MOST POWERFUL MINI ON THE PLANET. And then only if their MINI proves itself to be so by winning every race it ever enters.

Whenever we define (using ourselves as the reference point) what other people are required to do to truly experience life to the fullest, then we diminish everyone's (including our own selves) ability to enjoy life.

The earliest history of the Mini/MINI has been that it was a car that first makes a statement about its owner. Just owning one tells others something about you. In both cases (the Mini and the MINI), performance was something that came to be fully appreciated later. When it comes to the MINIverse, you cannot have one without the other.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:19 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Careful, careful, revray: You're starting to sound like an adult again....

To each their own. You performance-only types: more power to you -- when we have performance questions, that's when we'll dig you out of the closet. Until that time, do what you have to (carry vomit bags around with you, whatever), but we're still going to be here.

It's the same on any topic - try doing "graphic novel" tracking (as my husband calls it), or pets (dressing them up-?!), or anything else folks get passionate about, and see how "over the top" folks can get!

Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 AM
OWG
5th Gear
Originally Posted by revray

Whenever we define (using ourselves as the reference point) what other people are required to do to truly experience life to the fullest, then we diminish everyone's (including our own selves) ability to enjoy life.

Well said, amen!

Old 06-11-2008, 05:23 AM
leicaguy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by revray
The problem I have with these kinds of statements is that it effectively reduces me and MS MINIVER to that of being second class citizens. If the only ones who can truly enjoy owning a MINI are those who are into performance, then no MCS owner can truly enjoy their MINI ... unless they have the JCW package. But even then, no one with a JCW package can truly enjoy their MINI unless they have all the additional performance mods available. And in the end, only one person can truly enjoy his/her MINI ... and that's the person who has THE MOST POWERFUL MINI ON THE PLANET. And then only if their MINI proves itself to be so by winning every race it ever enters.

The earliest history of the Mini/MINI has been that it was a car that first makes a statement about its owner. Just owning one tells others something about you. In both cases (the Mini and the MINI), performance was something that came to be fully appreciated later. When it comes to the MINIverse, you cannot have one without the other.
Well said.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Motoring thru the MINIverse, man this torque gives starry traction,
with distress I see our 'Verse being broken into fashion factions;
For there be those who would be purists decrying deco's some do
as if the 'Verse itself named as guardians these self-chosen few;
I've not motored many a road mile, for my ride be but 14 months old,
but traveled thru many forums in caffeinated state, if truth be told;
Plentiful postings prove all love the speed and handling of the car,
it's just we quirky & eccentric also get off raising the unique bar.

CROC 411

Old 06-11-2008, 07:38 AM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Red Dragoon
Motoring thru the MINIverse, man this torque gives starry traction,
with distress I see our 'Verse being broken into fashion factions;
For there be those who would be purists decrying deco's some do
as if the 'Verse itself named as guardians these self-chosen few;
I've not motored many a road mile, for my ride be but 14 months old,
but traveled thru many forums in caffeinated state, if truth be told;
Plentiful postings prove all love the speed and handling of the car,
it's just we quirky & eccentric also get off raising the unique bar.
Wow. You so just jumped the shark.

Quick Reply: R56 Sacrilege