R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Ordering today....Wooo Hoooo!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:59 PM
MarkusSanDiego
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my production number and my build week is 25....dealer said I might have the car by late July......cool beans!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:17 PM
sfomini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MarkusSanDiego
I'm stoked...my FIRST Mini

MCS, Manual, Sport, Premium, Crown Spokes, Lightning Blue w/Black roof & stripes.....

Looks like 8 weeks of agony....just like in my old BMW European Delivery days.....

I'm still a little conflicted about the sunroof....I'd rather save the $1,000 but thinking of re-sale more than my sunburned scalp......

WOOOT: UPDATE: I've got a production number for Week 25 (sometime in June)
Congratulations!

Now you get to sit through the most agonizing two months of your life! It was "only" 7 weeks for me (Nor Cal) so I guess I was lucky. Still, it is definitely worth it.

And Lightning blue is the best color EVER!

Tony

Old 06-11-2008, 06:55 AM
MarkusSanDiego
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sfomini
Congratulations!

Now you get to sit through the most agonizing two months of your life! It was "only" 7 weeks for me (Nor Cal) so I guess I was lucky. Still, it is definitely worth it.

Tony
Yeah, the color change was last minute actually....I was going to do Chili Red then saw 3 Lightning Blues in a 5 minute span near my office and took that as a sign from above!

Also, just emailed Phillipe at South Bay Mini and asked him to add the iPod and Bluetooth package...I don't know what I was thinking not ordering that in the first place!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:53 PM
sfomini
3rd Gear
OK, I lied. NFR is a fantastic color and so is Hot Chocolate. But neither is available on MCS. So I should have said "And Lightning Blue is the best MCS color EVER!

Tony

Old 06-11-2008, 08:56 PM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
OK, I lied. NFR is a fantastic color and so is Hot Chocolate. But neither is available on MCS. So I should have said "And Lightning Blue is the best MCS color EVER!

Tony
I thought that until I saw the Laser Blue... plus the fact the name has "Laser" in it adds at least 3 WHP. So I think LB wins.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Strat
2nd Gear
Also, just emailed Phillipe at South Bay Mini and asked him to add the iPod and Bluetooth package...I don't know what I was thinking not ordering that in the first place![/QUOTE]

Can I ask how the experience with Phillipe and South Bay was? I've been to a couple of dealers in the San Fernando Valley, but I think I'm going the extra distance to order from South Bay, specifically through Phillipe, as recommended by this site.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Ivygirl702
4th Gear
Congrats on your order! It will be the longest 8 weeks of your life, but your car will be worth it. Make sure you update us with pictures when you take delivery.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:49 AM
MarkusSanDiego
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Strat
Also, just emailed Phillipe at South Bay Mini and asked him to add the iPod and Bluetooth package...I don't know what I was thinking not ordering that in the first place!
Can I ask how the experience with Phillipe and South Bay was? I've been to a couple of dealers in the San Fernando Valley, but I think I'm going the extra distance to order from South Bay, specifically through Phillipe, as recommended by this site.[/quote]

Phillipe is terrific....he offered much better terms than my local dealer in San Diego. He's very easy to work with. PM me for more info. His email is pkahn@southbaybmw.com