R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 If Apple made a car...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pretzel Logic
That would be great. I have needed to replace my G4 Powerbook for a while, but have been holding out for the new models!
I have been using a vaio since i sold both my macbook airs.....so now again going for a pro or macbook

Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mini S Pilot
This was on my homepage this morning...

http://hamptonroads.***.net/cci/news...alidatearticle
Disconcerting when you read your company is buring down (given I work for Apple). Though my local news puts the fire at one of the outlying buildings (Valley Green 6), not at one of the Infinite Loop campus buildings implied by that article.

I used to work in VG6, and its where the original iPod was developed.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Springo
1st Gear
whooooo spouse convert kit!!!

Originally Posted by Syco R53

Just converted the wife to an iMac this year.
What I wouldn't give to "convert" my husband to an iMac!!! Who sells the mod for this???!!!???

Old 08-22-2008, 03:44 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Springo
What I wouldn't give to "convert" my husband to an iMac!!! Who sells the mod for this???!!!???
Apple does. It's called a Mac Mini.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:07 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
hi all!! macbook owner here. my kids converted me. i love this laptop! i had it two months and splashed wine on it...now i have some nice spots on my screen but so far, the computer still works like a dream. warranty doesn't cover wine spills, imagine that!!!

i also own a nano and a shuffle and i want to get an iphone as soon as my current phone contract expires.

i saw a mini the other day that had the apple logo in their back window...where can you find those decals?

Old 09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Did your MacBook come with any of the Apple stickers? They're usually tucked in with the recovery discs and documentation.

I know we got two of them with each of our iPhones, but I don't know if they're the size you're interested in. I'll be home on Wednesday and will take a look at the stickers. If you'd like them, they're yours.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Sketch
5th Gear
I totally agree that apple would build a MINI-esque car!! Although I dont currently own any kind of mac, i have owned every model of ipod and ADORE my iPhone!! I plan to purchase a Macbook when I move out, but thats a ways away...

Old 09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
So, I'm doing the laundry on Thursday morning after a long night of working on call...I'm a surgical nurse...and in my exhausted stated, I pitched my current cell phone, that was in sweatshirt pocket, into the washing machine!!

I was going to wait to get an I phone...now, I think it was just meant to be. Verizon wants like $249.00 to replace my LG VX8350. ATT sells the I phone for $199.00. Yeah, I don't think there is much of a choice there for me...I'm a MAC girl. And hopefully, it comes with those cool stickers!!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:52 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by minimo56
And hopefully, it comes with those cool stickers!!
I just double-checked the box that my iPhone came in, and yes - it comes with two of the white Apple stickers.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:01 PM
kreative
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jtrem
Well If Apple made a car it wouldn't have any windows.
man, that is an awesome quote!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kreative
man, that is an awesome quote!

Not really considering all apple computer can now run windows.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
MichaelA
1st Gear
On Topic

2 Mini's.
Macs. Newtons. iPhones.
5 people.

Been programming Macs since 85. Independent Videographer/Editor since 1998. Not really a Mac fan boy, just like Macs.
And Mini's. We like our Mini's a lot.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:21 PM
miniphatty
4th Gear
If Apple made a computer, you:

1. Wouldn't have to worry about upgrades or mods - you just thrash the old car and get a new car every time you want more performance

2. You would get the core (OS) tied in with the car and you would have to pay for any future upgrades to the software

3. You wouldn't find much support for 3rd party applications like the latest games (someone find a car analogy) but you will always have Solitaire.

I couldn't resist the above - I am not a Mac hater - I just cannot afford them or rather justify purchasing one. I can see the analogy about how a MINI community is similar to the Mac community (price, quality, design, intuition) but I don't think MINI's the kind of car Apple would make.

I do have a Mac Mini on my desktop along with several Linux machines, a Sun workstation and a Windows machine and I use what works for me and if there's one thing I cannot stand it's Mac fanbois (not a fan of Linux zealots either)

Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Apple
6th Gear
I have tons of apple stickers if any one wants them even in colors, also the small size and large

Free of course...

I also have a 1 month old macbook with2.1/1g/120 with apple care for 700.00boxs and crap too

Old 10-01-2008, 09:25 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Hey there Cybergypsy. What color stickers do you have?

Also, did you ever get the large Apple logo put on top of your car? I mentioned a while back that I had ordered one and putting it on my car too. Turns out I decided against putting it on my car, so it is just sitting in my closet. Maybe one day. . . . I still have yet to see a MINI with one on the roof.

Cheers-

Old 10-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Old 10-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Originally Posted by drummergirl
Hey there Cybergypsy. What color stickers do you have?

Also, did you ever get the large Apple logo put on top of your car? I mentioned a while back that I had ordered one and putting it on my car too. Turns out I decided against putting it on my car, so it is just sitting in my closet. Maybe one day. . . . I still have yet to see a MINI with one on the roof.

Cheers-
Have not done mine yet but soon new macbook first!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:59 AM
MichaelA
1st Gear
drummergirl,
If I might ask, where did you have your decal made?
I've been looking to get a custom decal made. I had another design in mind, but it's tempting to get a large Apple® logo on top...

Michael

Old 10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MichaelA
drummergirl,
If I might ask, where did you have your decal made?
I've been looking to get a custom decal made. I had another design in mind, but it's tempting to get a large Apple® logo on top...

Michael
Guys that was my idea......LOL

Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
I would love a red and blue one. Can I PM you with my address? Also I would be happy to pay for the postage to mail them.

You have your priorities straight. A new Macbook is definitely a high priority. I am curious to see what they will look like. I must say I really dig my black Macbook (which I bought the week they came out) and it is still going strong. Normally I get excited about new Apple products, but I confess that I am still so enthralled with my new MINI that I haven't even purchased the new 3G phone. I still dig my current iPhone and don't see the need to change for now. I guess that is good since it saves me money. haha. Still, I may get tempted if the new Macbooks are really groovy.

You posted that you had a couple Macbook Airs that you sold. May I ask why you got rid of them? I sometimes think I may get one when they a) get more capacity in the hd, and b) come down in price.
Cheers,
Sherri

Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Guys that was my idea......LOL
Hey now, are you sure? I ordered my car in March and wanted an Apple logo then? haha. But I will gladly give over the title of who came up with it first if you can top that.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 AM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Oops, I meant to say I ordered my car in April. I did think of the logo before April though.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:56 AM
NashvilleMiniStan
5th Gear
New iMac user and loving it.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Apple
6th Gear
I would love a red and blue one. Can I PM you with my address? Also I would be happy to pay for the postage to mail them.

You have your priorities straight. A new Macbook is definitely a high priority. I am curious to see what they will look like. I must say I really dig my black Macbook (which I bought the week they came out) and it is still going strong. Normally I get excited about new Apple products, but I confess that I am still so enthralled with my new MINI that I haven't even purchased the new 3G phone. I still dig my current iPhone and don't see the need to change for now. I guess that is good since it saves me money. haha. Still, I may get tempted if the new Macbooks are really groovy.

You posted that you had a couple Macbook Airs that you sold. May I ask why you got rid of them? I sometimes think I may get one when they a) get more capacity in the hd, and b) come down in price.
Cheers,
Sherri
The Air is a great machine and love the way it feels however, the fans go nuts at any site that has flash, or any flash ad, 6200RPM is a bit loud, my macbook is dead quiet and I love that about it, the heat was not that bad maybe about 65-70 at most..

I just bought a 50 Plasma Monday, delivered friday and really my mini needs nothing, sure PM me your addy have to get some flat mailers to send them out.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:23 AM
PVP
1st Gear
I've had Macs since 40 mgs was a big hard drive! Yikes, I think I'm dating myself big time. I feel the same way about my Macs and MINI, they're both a ball to drive.

Quick Reply: R56 If Apple made a car...