R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 I picked up my '08 MCS from MINI service today,FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 05:46 PM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up my '08 MCS from MINI service today,FINALLY!!

And I am pissed!!

Turns out the odometer reset button on the tachometer caused the failure of my speedometer and fuel gauge simultaneously.All they did was diagnose and hit the reset button,road tested and all was back to normal and working like they normally should.

Now this is what I am pissed at.I dropped my car off at the Vista MINI service department on Thursday at 12 PM,YES last Thursday!! No call from my SA about what they might have found and if parts were needed to repair my car.All my calls to the SA went to voice mail every single time and no call back.Today I call again and asked the MINI receptionist what is going on with my car and she said they were road testing it and I can pick it up today.BTW my car was ready Friday and no one bothered to tell me that!!

Today when I went in to get my car they handed me a survey about my service experience which I promptly gave all negatives.I then confronted my SA and read him the riot act about not contacting me nor anyone from service contacting me about the status of my car and that I left several voice mails for him but he denied ever getting any.

My MA was there and he told me as we were walking out to get my car that the SA does that a lot and to file a complaint against him,which I will be also doing.

Man did I miss my MCSa but it is so great to be driving Scrappy again!!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:50 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad u got yr baby back.... i would defintely filed a complaint abt the poor service..

Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 AM
JCR1960
5th Gear
^^Thank you.

And I am just waiting for the phone to ring from the dealership asking about my latest service experience with them to let them know how I really feel.

I most likely will follow up with a call to their GM there to let him know about the crappy service I had just received.

I then may contact MINI USA if I get no satisfaction from my complaint.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:04 PM
miniclubman
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry about your terrible experience at the dealership! I've had occasion to have to call at 4pm when my car was in for service to see what was up, but having your car sit at the dealership all weekend because nobody would return your call is inexcusable! Also, what a strange repair! The odometer reset button wiped out your speedometer and fuel gauge? That's unusual, to say the least!

Old 06-17-2008, 06:14 PM
DChap
5th Gear
its cool that your MA partnered with you and told you that you should file a complaint.

Glad you got your car finally.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:17 PM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Originally Posted by miniclubman
Sorry about your terrible experience at the dealership! I've had occasion to have to call at 4pm when my car was in for service to see what was up, but having your car sit at the dealership all weekend because nobody would return your call is inexcusable! Also, what a strange repair! The odometer reset button wiped out your speedometer and fuel gauge? That's unusual, to say the least!
Thank you.

And my thought exactly!! But it was briefly explained to me when I picked up my car that the electronics for the speedometer,fuel gauge and the trip odometer use the same control unit.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:20 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
Sometimes dealers do stupid things.
My BMW was at the dealer, that sells the Minis, and the had it for a week because they only work a 4-day week. The team assigned to my car was off for a few days. So...they couldn't have some dudes at the shop actually do the work?

Old 06-17-2008, 06:23 PM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DChap
its cool that your MA partnered with you and told you that you should file a complaint.

Glad you got your car finally.
Yes I thought so too but that is the type of honest relationship I have with him.He has never steered me wrong and he also invites me to participate in MINI events when they occur.Sadly I had to miss out on MTTS in Miami,Florida this past weekend.

And thank you.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:28 PM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DragonWagon
Sometimes dealers do stupid things.
My BMW was at the dealer, that sells the Minis, and the had it for a week because they only work a 4-day week. The team assigned to my car was off for a few days. So...they couldn't have some dudes at the shop actually do the work?
That totally sucks to hear.

I think Vista MINI only has 2 certified MINI technicians at least that is all they post on "Our People" on their website.I should ask next time I am there but maybe not since this is the last time I will take my MCS there.