R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Samples please, Lightning Blue or BRG with these options

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Samples please, Lightning Blue or BRG with these options

I am pretty much decided that I am going to order a Lighning Blue MINI, and I am a big fan of a matching interior accent, so I was going with the blue color line. (Not the seats and all, just the armrest/dash pieces.) I also like the idea of wood, so I was going witht he wood dash (and steering wheel, but not important for this discusion)

I just haven't ever seen those two together, with the exception of the configurator on the MINI website, which frankly left me not too impressed.

So, does anybody have this, or seen it in real life? How'd it look?

My second choice is BRG. If I went that route, I'd go with the cream accents and the wood dash, which my gut instinct tells me is a great look. Any samples of that out there?

I'm frankly torn on color choice, heres the story. My first car was a dark blue 74 Triumph Spitfire, with a light blue interior and of course a real wood dash. I always liked that color, and haven't really had a blue car since. The car the MINI is replacing is a dark green one, other than that I've had like 4 black cars.

I think that if the Lightning Blue with the blue/wood interior doesn't look that great, I'll go BRG with the cream/wood. I really like both colors, with a slight nod to the Blue, plus the nostalgia factor and getting away from dark green. But if the BRG/cream/wood frankly just looks better, than that's the ticket.

Can anybody help with samples?

Thank you

Last edited by Bruce/Fl; 06-19-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Better title
Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
mmm def
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my take: Lightning Blue is amazing (I have one on order) but I went to see the pacific blue color line in person and it doesn't match the Lightning that well..looks better with the Laser blue.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:35 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bruce/Fl
I am pretty much decided that I am going to order a Lighning Blue MINI, and I am a big fan of a matching interior accent, so I was going with the blue color line. (Not the seats and all, just the armrest/dash pieces.) I also like the idea of wood, so I was going witht he wood dash (and steering wheel, but not important for this discusion)

I just haven't ever seen those two together, with the exception of the configurator on the MINI website, which frankly left me not too impressed.

So, does anybody have this, or seen it in real life? How'd it look?

My second choice is BRG. If I went that route, I'd go with the cream accents and the wood dash, which my gut instinct tells me is a great look. Any samples of that out there?

I'm frankly torn on color choice, heres the story. My first car was a dark blue 74 Triumph Spitfire, with a light blue interior and of course a real wood dash. I always liked that color, and haven't really had a blue car since. The car the MINI is replacing is a dark green one, other than that I've had like 4 black cars.

I think that if the Lightning Blue with the blue/wood interior doesn't look that great, I'll go BRG with the cream/wood. I really like both colors, with a slight nod to the Blue, plus the nostalgia factor and getting away from dark green. But if the BRG/cream/wood frankly just looks better, than that's the ticket.

Can anybody help with samples?

Thank you
Search for member "Donna/Mike"; they have the Lightning Blue/Blue Color-line/Wood combo. you're looking for and I believe they've posted pictures along the way. The blue color-line (dash & doors only) goes well with the exterior, and from their pictures, the wood seems to work also, though IMHO, a silver surface (i.e., Brushed Alloy or Fluid Silver) looks even better with the blue for the contrast on the dash and doors. (FWIW, we also love wood trim but are lucky in that we already optioned our Miata that way with light beige leather, wood steering wheel, e-brake handle, and dash; very "classic sportscar". )

As for the BRG/Cream/Wood combo., that looks great too, particularly with the Tuscan Beige interior but keep in mind there's quite a bit of "yellow" in the beige which adds yet another/different color to the cream/wood/black/gray/silver that's already going on in there. I wish MINI provided more matching trim options. Best of Luck with your decision!

Originally Posted by mmm def
Here's my take: Lightning Blue is amazing (I have one on order) but I went to see the pacific blue color line in person and it doesn't match the Lightning that well..looks better with the Laser blue.
I have to respectfully disagree with that. IMO, while it doesn't match either shade EXACTLY, it goes better with Lightning Blue, especially if one's adding the two-tone seats. We were disappointed that there wasn't a closer "blue" match for either exterior. That said, we wanted Laser Blue, and using just the dash/door color accents "pulls it all together" quite well, and looks great without going overboard with a non-matching color!

My best advice to anyone is to see as many combo's in person as possible, as the configurator doesn't give a "true" representation of color, just not possible.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
I have Lightning blue with the pacific blue color line and I like it, as do most who have seen it. I'm not sure if I have decent pics in my gallery. I don't have the wood. I did see it at the dealer and i thought it looked odd.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Bruce/Fl
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LynnEl
I have Lightning blue with the pacific blue color line and I like it, as do most who have seen it. I'm not sure if I have decent pics in my gallery. I don't have the wood. I did see it at the dealer and i thought it looked odd.
Thank you for the pics. What do you mean by odd? After seeing your pic, I now see that the blue looks a tad darker, sort of reminds me of my Dad's old 67 Catalina, which had a similar color interior and a wood dash. I might like this a bit more, but would still like to see more pics or ideally see it in person.