R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Finally picked up my MINI

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 02:51 PM
gababo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small world....

Originally Posted by MINIspud
Yeah, that was me. I saw you taking care of business..

I was wearing a red jacket, and my bike is all black with red flames.

what manger and salesman did you deal with?

I am working with Jeff, and he always seems pretty knowledgeable.. Well as best as a salesman can get. I doubt there are many mini salespersons who are into the minis' more than NAM folks. haha

MOS is crazy busy. I can see why some folks get turned away.
It's very nice to hear from local people.
My sales woman was Robin. She is very nice. But I think she needs some work on vehicle. When I placed my order, I basically sat on her desk and added or updated my MINI. I asked several questions, but most of the time, she was not so sure. Today, I found out that Jeff was the highest achiever in sale in month of May. I saw that on the whiteboard at manager's office. I wonder if Jeff was the one I'm thinking of. The guy sitting just right of the center receiption desk. He introduced me to Robin when I placed my order because he was busy with his current customer.
Anyway, let's keep in touch. Maybe we both can learn each other. I'm sure you are more expert than I.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:53 PM
gababo
2nd Gear
Just took several pics.... and video....

Originally Posted by DragonWagon
...and why isn't your gallery populated?
When you pick up your Mini, you're supposed to:
Take the long way home.
Pick up a bottle of bubbly.
Post pictures you take that night...because you keep going back to look at your new Mini.
I just took several pics of my baby. I'll add those pics now. Also I took video. I found that there are no video of pics of navigation system. So I took video of that. I don't know where to add my video. Maybe I try to add thos to youtube so that people can get some information about MINI Navigation system and other related info. This is the beauty of internet.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:14 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(insert evil smile & hand-rubbing) NOW WE HAVE YOU ON THE DARK SIDE!

Old 06-21-2008, 04:05 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
...back from a beer/martini supply run.

Nice pics.
Why did you pick the color you chose?
I'm always interested in that.
Mine was because I'd had red and white cars...add a long story...at the last minute I switched to a ClubmanS.
I saw 3 MC in a four mile stretch on the way back from the liquor store...red, red, blue.

You can update your signature line with info about your Silver Bomber.
That's always appreciated, especially by those planning to order.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:02 PM
MINIspud
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gababo
It's very nice to hear from local people.
My sales woman was Robin. She is very nice. But I think she needs some work on vehicle. When I placed my order, I basically sat on her desk and added or updated my MINI. I asked several questions, but most of the time, she was not so sure. Today, I found out that Jeff was the highest achiever in sale in month of May. I saw that on the whiteboard at manager's office. I wonder if Jeff was the one I'm thinking of. The guy sitting just right of the center receiption desk. He introduced me to Robin when I placed my order because he was busy with his current customer.
Anyway, let's keep in touch. Maybe we both can learn each other. I'm sure you are more expert than I.

yeah, ive talked to robin a few times. Yep, that is Jeff. He sold 35 cars last month! whoah!

Well, i am always on here and I am picking up my MINI on tues or wed. I am sure I will see you around. Prob hit up the DC metro MINI group for some gatherings too..

good luck!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:04 PM
gababo
2nd Gear
Color...

...back from a beer/martini supply run.

Nice pics.
Why did you pick the color you chose?
I'm always interested in that.
Mine was because I'd had red and white cars...add a long story...at the last minute I switched to a ClubmanS.
I saw 3 MC in a four mile stretch on the way back from the liquor store...red, red, blue.

You can update your signature line with info about your Silver Bomber.
That's always appreciated, especially by those planning to order.
I wonder how ClubmanS attracted you. Personally MINI cooper is tidy and cuter. I guess practically speaking, Clubman is more attractive.
Story of color will be a good story. I agree with you. I'd been dying to get my own MINI for 2 years. Can you imagine that? Since I was in school, I thought "what the heck? just wait until graduate and get a job." So I graduated with accounting degree and got a great job. After one year of working, finally decided to go for it. I saw lots of MINI (maybe not lots of, plenty of), and cream color and dark silver with black top always attracted me with their classic beauty. I guess I consider myself "conservative, reserve" at the same time "little bit of vain" if you know what I mean.
Blue color was really nice. When I picked up my MINI today, I saw laser blue parked on the ramp in front of the entrance. It really looked nice. Now cream, dark silver, and laser blue are for me.
I also want to add that this is my FIRST NEW CAR in my life. So it's very important for me to fully optionalize and have fun with it.
I'm sure that we all gonna enjoy with MINI, and at the same time, I'll do my best to help people who are planning to get MINI be better informed before they pull the trigger. This is another fun to own MINI, I guess.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:06 PM
MINIspud
5th Gear
actually the one parked in front of the entrance door was a basic cooper and it was oxygen blue.

laser blue looks more like a swimming pool color.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:10 PM
gababo
2nd Gear
I'm sure you are excited...

yeah, ive talked to robin a few times. Yep, that is Jeff. He sold 35 cars last month! whoah!

Well, i am always on here and I am picking up my MINI on tues or wed. I am sure I will see you around. Prob hit up the DC metro MINI group for some gatherings too..

good luck!
I though you had been motoring. So you are picking up your MINI coming week. I'm sure you are excited as I was. Please add your baby pics so that we all can share.
I heard that some motoring party was going on when I picked up my MINI. I enjoyed free snacks. That's a good idea that MINI lovers got together occasionally and share their love for MINI. Surely there were lots of MINI parked there.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:11 PM
MINIspud
5th Gear
definately!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:12 PM
gababo
2nd Gear
Robin said...

actually the one parked in front of the entrance door was a basic cooper and it was oxygen blue.

laser blue looks more like a swimming pool color.
I told you. Robin told me it was laser blue. I love her. I think she is such a nice girl.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:14 PM
MINIspud
5th Gear
hahahahaha... ok really, all i can do is laugh now..

haha.. well at least she got you the color YOU wanted for YOUR car..

lol

Old 06-21-2008, 05:16 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
Oxygen Blue...we making up a new colour palate here?
What's next, kumquat green?

Old 06-21-2008, 05:29 PM
MINIspud
5th Gear
Oxygen Blue...we making up a new colour palate here?
What's next, kumquat green?

are you joking?? Oxygen Blue is one of the color choices for JUSTACOOPA...

Old 06-21-2008, 05:40 PM
gababo
2nd Gear
White-turn signal light

I just checked my MINI and found out that my MINI doesn't have white turn signal light. But I clearly ordered white turn signal light. Did I miss something? Do I look in somewhere else? It's very strange. I guess I need to create new message to ask for help.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:41 PM
MINIspud
5th Gear
the turn signal will still be yellow.. when you order the white, instead the whole plastic casing being yellow with a white bulb inside, you get a white casing with a yellow bulb inside..

Old 06-21-2008, 05:45 PM
gababo
2nd Gear
MINIspud Rock!!

the turn signal will still be yellow.. when you order the white, instead the whole plastic casing being yellow with a white bulb inside, you get a white casing with a yellow bulb inside..
Thank you so much. How do you know so well about MINI? Are you MINI expert? I just love this site. Whenever you have questions, you will eventually get answer. I though signal light would be white. That's why I ordered. It would be very unique to have white light, don't you think?

Old 06-21-2008, 05:48 PM
MINIspud
5th Gear
by law a turn signal indicator must be amber in color.

I ordered white signal's too...

Old 06-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Gusting
1st Gear
Congrats! Enjoy your new MINI. I hope you are able to account for the $175!

How did you do negotiation-wise?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 PM
DragonWagon
5th Gear
We all want to know about your dealer's 'new math.'

My delaer charged less than $100 in dealer fees for documentation.

MSRP is enough abuse. We designed our cars and all the dealer did was key it into the Mini site!

Old 06-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gababo
Thank you so much for your tips. 240,000 miles? Wow, you are good "parent." hehe.... What do you mean by "vary your speed between 35-70 for the first 100 miles, then grdually up the speed ?"

I guess I need to learn how to change oil since MINI won't change oil for that short mile for free. She told me MINI follows internal indicator for the maintenance program. But for my baby, I don't mind to spend extra for good oil.
Thanks! My hubby was really on my case about varying my speed. I just wanted to go fast, but by driving alternately fast and slow, I guess that is part of the perfect break in, according to hubby and his mechanic friends!

He taught me to change my oil, and I've done a good part of a change myself, with the helpful tutor beside me all the way. . . under the car, etc. It was really sort of fun!

Off to check your gallery for the pix of your new MINI!

Old 06-22-2008, 12:47 AM
jjp007
4th Gear
We all want to know about your dealer's 'new math.'

My delaer charged less than $100 in dealer fees for documentation.

MSRP is enough abuse. We designed our cars and all the dealer did was key it into the Mini site!

True true, I asked my MA for a total on my car so I could look into financing with Pen Fed and so far from what I figured the total cost would be is off my like $120. Could be the grocery bag holder thingy though but probably won't end up getting it if they charge me for labor. WTF installing that will take 10 minutes!

Old 06-22-2008, 05:37 AM
gababo
2nd Gear
Negotiation?

Originally Posted by Gusting
Congrats! Enjoy your new MINI. I hope you are able to account for the $175!

How did you do negotiation-wise?
I tried to negotiate when I ordered, but gave up. I mentioned "free rubber mat?" There was no negotiation. Just got there, test drive, got back and configured my MINI (more updating) from salesperson's desk, and print out the summary. It was not a negotiating environment. They were very busy on customers, and not willing to give me free stuff.
When I picked up my MINI yesterday, my salesperson told me that she gave me "wheel lock" ($50 worth) for free. That's it. And now I can't figure out $175 overcharge. Still waiting for manger's call. If she doesn't call me back by Tuesday, I'll do something really "BAD."
Overall, I liked the experience. Ordered on 5/10 and picked up my MINI on 6/21. 6 weeks as expected. Waiting was surely pain.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:57 AM
DMAC57
4th Gear
Dark Silver looks great....