R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Modifications - Cooper vs Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:42 PM
catguy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all due respect to all the mini owners it is very interesting to read All the posts about THE MODS.. being done to this car... These mods are to increase this car's driving experience... Over the years of streetrods, drag cars and MODs done to all my street cars it is fun to read about all the MODS being done to this car to get 250 hp. Just remember as I admit that the Many thousand and thousands of dollars I have spent doing the same to all my cars the rush to have these mods is so exciting.. But remember as have learned totally Keep all Mods away from the wife and Do not expect to get more the 5 cents on the dollar back when you get tired of your car and wish to either trade or sell it.. ENJOY ... MY NONE MOD CLUBMAN S is on the truck which should be in Washington State by the 4th of July... Thanks

Old 06-22-2008, 05:08 PM
muladesigns1
6th Gear
MY NONE MOD CLUBMAN S is on the truck which should be in Washington State by the 4th of July... Thanks[/quote]

The true question here is how long will you own it before you "mod" it.
after all, youve owned performance cars in the past, so you know first hand. Stock is Boring!

Old 06-22-2008, 05:59 PM
inimini2007
6th Gear
Mini Vs Mini S???

OMG! Who cares?

You buy what you want to buy...you mod what you want to mod...you are a MINI owner.

I like other MINI Owner cars but it it isn't my car...I love my car! I don't really care if you like my car or not.

I wave at every MINI that I see. Some don't wave back and God Bless Them! Some wave back and you love them.

I bought the car to...key word...drive!

Old 06-22-2008, 06:03 PM
new22003
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by inimini2007
OMG! Who cares?

You buy what you want to buy...you mod what you want to mod...you are a MINI owner.

I like other MINI Owner cars but it it isn't my car...I love my car! I don't really care if you like my car or not.

I wave at every MINI that I see. Some don't wave back and God Bless Them! Some wave back and you love them.

Right on

Old 06-22-2008, 06:08 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think it's any secret that the MCS generally has more performance mod-ability than the Cooper. I happen to like how it's dialed-in, though, so I drive a Cooper and disperse my MINI obsession in other ways which, yes, includes waving.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:39 PM
anderezd
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sk8erguyzach
this is just my oppinion but i think most people that buy the non s model just want it for the gas milage they r the people most likely not to wave at a fellow mini owner and not show up to MINI events again just my oppinion,but s modle seems to b more popular tho

Zach, I'd wave at ya I've been snubbed by more S's than Non's, but I see more S's than non though too...so not a valid argument. I did buy it for the gas mileage but that was before I found how much fun the MINI lifestyle was, and I've only been in it 2 months. I just wish there wasn't as much bashing on which make or model is better, but how to become a better MINI community with so many new non-waving etc. drivers that are coming to our ranks. Just my two cents.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 06-22-2008, 07:17 PM
inimini2007
6th Gear
Easy...

Go to a MINI Cooper event...local or national...you will meet all MINI Owners who love their MINIs and there is no distinction of the Coopers.

Just a bunch of good people, who love their MINIs. Period.

I just went to MTTS 08 in Boston...People are Crazy about their MINIs!!!

I am heading out to MINIS-ON-TOP this weekend...will be in a 4th of July Parade with a British Car (go figure).

We are crazy about our MINIs!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:34 PM
sk8erguyzach
4th Gear
MINI or MINI S doesnt matter the originall topic is about mods 4 non s model vrs s model the s model has more engin mods than non s cosmetic and handling wise its baisicly all the same mods as far as more poeple with s model waiving and going 2 events than non s doesnt matter either almost any MINI owner will go 2 an event or wave at another MINI just in my city more s models than non

Old 06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sk8erguyzach
MINI or MINI S doesnt matter the originall topic is about mods 4 non s model vrs s model the s model has more engin mods than non s cosmetic and handling wise its baisicly all the same mods as far as more poeple with s model waiving and going 2 events than non s doesnt matter either almost any MINI owner will go 2 an event or wave at another MINI just in my city more s models than non
Agreed .

Old 06-22-2008, 07:51 PM
msduncan
4th Gear
I just bought a Non-S for the gas mileage and I think all of you are crazy.

JUST KIDDING. I actually do have a non-S on the way, and I fully intend to join the Birmingham Area Mini Association.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:08 AM
muladesigns1
6th Gear
Originally Posted by inimini2007
OMG! Who cares?

I dont understand why you sound so upset? noone was asking if you liked or care if you like your car. or who you wave to or get waved at by.

the question was which is better to mod? well the S is the obvious choice because of the innitial base power compared to a non S.

yes, most mini owners "love" there minis but the fact is, if you want one for power and speed not economy, you buy and mod the S.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:36 AM
pilotart
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by muladesigns1
the question was which is better to mod? well the S is the obvious choice because of the innitial base power compared to a non S.

yes, most mini owners "love" there minis but the fact is, if you want one for power and speed not economy, you buy and mod the S.
Or a JCW !!!

Nice to have choices, I would agree with MINI-USA's choice of not offering us the MINI-ONE but the MINI-D would be a good choice to add.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 PM
muladesigns1
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pilotart
Or a JCW !!!

Nice to have choices, I would agree with MINI-USA's choice of not offering us the MINI-ONE but the MINI-D would be a good choice to add.
sure add more fuel to the fire

JCW isnt worth the extra money for what you get, "IF!!" you know how to wrench on you own car. then in that case you can get the same if not better equipment for far less.

as far as the mini D goes. I dont see a benefit of a diesel. not for here in the states anyway.they are slower then gas engines, more noisy, much more expensive to fuel up,almost 1.50 gal more now and maintenance is higher as well. and i think it only gets 15mpg better then its gas alternative.