R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 All the pieces? Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:30 PM
GrnMachine11
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the pieces? Clear Bra

I just had the VentureShield clear bra installed and on the lower cowling of 08' MC Mini there is only the clear bra on the, I'll call it the lower lip, closest to the pavement. It isn't installed on the upper lip but it is on the bumper facing forward. Sorry, I don't have a picture but I hope I described it clearly. So, did the installer miss a little piece or is that the kit for the VentureShield? It was done last week and I just noticed. One wouldn't notice this unless you got on the ground and looked up into the lower cowling.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:00 PM
ThommyG
Banned
Originally Posted by GrnMachine11
I just had the VentureShield clear bra installed and on the lower cowling of 08' MC Mini there is only the clear bra on the, I'll call it the lower lip, closest to the pavement. It isn't installed on the upper lip but it is on the bumper facing forward. Sorry, I don't have a picture but I hope I described it clearly. So, did the installer miss a little piece or is that the kit for the VentureShield? It was done last week and I just noticed. One wouldn't notice this unless you got on the ground and looked up into the lower cowling.

I can't tell by looking at it... but see the Ventureshield website:
http://www.ventureshield.com/pattern_search.asp#Results

and then compare it to this website for Invisible Bra by 3M
http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin/products_ip
/browser.cgi?prevtype=Automobiles+and+light+trucks& prevyear=2008&prevmake=MINI&prevmodel=&prevsubmode l=&prevseries=&type=Automobiles+and+light+trucks&y ear=2008&make=MINI&model=COOPER+S

I've found a guy who will install the 3M stuff and he comes highly recommended. I've seen YouTube videos on the installation, but I don't want to chance it

Let me know your thoughts on whether the installer messed up or the product doesn't cover as you expected.
ThommyG

Old 06-26-2008, 07:45 PM
GrnMachine11
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ThommyG
I can't tell by looking at it... but see the Ventureshield website:
http://www.ventureshield.com/pattern_search.asp#Results

and then compare it to this website for Invisible Bra by 3M
http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin/products_ip
/browser.cgi?prevtype=Automobiles+and+light+trucks& prevyear=2008&prevmake=MINI&prevmodel=&prevsubmode l=&prevseries=&type=Automobiles+and+light+trucks&y ear=2008&make=MINI&model=COOPER+S

I've found a guy who will install the 3M stuff and he comes highly recommended. I've seen YouTube videos on the installation, but I don't want to chance it

Let me know your thoughts on whether the installer messed up or the product doesn't cover as you expected.
ThommyG

Wow, that is great info thanx. Looks like the thin strips on the upper part where clipped off. It is a very small area probably 1" width under there. Must be a tough spot to do. Looks like they wouldn't meet in the middle just under the rectangle piece in the middle anyway. I was also told this isn't a high impact area and not to worry. Well, I always worry about rocks hitting any part of the Mini.