R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Sept: The start of 2009 model production

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:32 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have an order too, whatever that means, but no production number. I had week 32 2008 ordered, but switched to 2009. I'm told it will be a mid September build, mid October delivery.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:35 PM
wj94
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CK
Anyone order a 09 MCS and actually get a production number? I was told September build for delivery around November, but my MA indicated they don't have their allocation until end of month and can't place the order till then. Is that the same story everyone is getting?
I got a production number (just ordered yesterday), but mine is a JCW and not an MCS. They told me to expect the car around mid-September.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:35 PM
wandrur
Nope, no production number, but I did get a week number--36.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:42 PM
CK
1st Gear
That's one level better than mine -- all i got was #3 at that dealer! Whopee!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:44 PM
wandrur
I was #47, assuming I'm reading the cryptic report properly.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
I added the same option i got for 08 on the new 09 configuration. Comes out to be extra $250 and probably additional 4-6 week wait. Considering that the new Electronic Traction thing isnt available until Dec 08, (mid-Feb delivery probably), I think I'll stick with 08 order.

This is a tough choice for many of us. Waiting + Extra couple hundred bucks for 09 titled MCS. Some of us lost choice of interior color... at the end... I bet we wont moan and groan about little things like this after about 1 year of ownership

Kind of tricky now DTC is standard but base price is increased by $500 (cost of DTC as option item on 08) And some packages are $250 (Convinience pck for e.i. took out MFSW ($250 item) ), unknown price of Sports Pck (not available until Dec it says...) Alot of UNKNOWNS here...

So my thoughts are that if you already have order for 08... I just think keeping the order sounds good since final pricing and options will not be determined until Dec 08 as of right now.

I wish I was not in this situation... and I dont like the fact that they keep changing little things like this...

Old 07-19-2008, 09:09 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
I ordered my car Wednesday night, July 16th. However, I'm not sure the order actually got placed until Thursday or Friday. My MA is out of town and said he'd get me my production number on Monday.

I'm hoping my car is an '08 model year because I want the car exactly as I ordered it. The 2009 MY online configurator will not allow me to build an identical car, and a close match appears to cost over $700 more than the car I virtually built!

Worried? Who me?

Old 07-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Doc Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AvidMINI
I ordered my car Wednesday night, July 16th. However, I'm not sure the order actually got placed until Thursday or Friday. My MA is out of town and said he'd get me my production number on Monday.

I'm hoping my car is an '08 model year because I want the car exactly as I ordered it. The 2009 MY online configurator will not allow me to build an identical car, and a close match appears to cost over $700 more than the car I virtually built!

Worried? Who me?
Well.. for me im going back and forth right now.. driving me crazy... for couple hundred more.. im getting 09 titled car and adding convinience pck (i didnt add this pck on my order to avoid arm rest, auto rain/head lamp, Garage opener) but 09 now excludes arm rest and adds everything else for $1250. Same thing I configured my 08 without the pck but in 09 im getting little more items at same cost. I dont know if im confusing you guys.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:52 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CK
Anyone order a 09 MCS and actually get a production number? I was told September build for delivery around November, but my MA indicated they don't have their allocation until end of month and can't place the order till then. Is that the same story everyone is getting?
this is what I was told as well, altho t'row I get to enter in my 09 build with my MA. 60 days after production week is about right for a car delivered to the west coast. also, my car went up only $250.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:35 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wandrur
Nope, no production number, but I did get a week number--36.
I believe that's the week of Aug 31. If they build our cars that week, that would put delivery to us western divisioners sometime around Halloween, give a week or two. Soon as I know fer sure I'll start a week 36 (or whatever it will be) support group. Good way to vent and meet others whose cars will be boat-mates.

Boo!

Old 07-20-2008, 08:21 AM
CK
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
I believe that's the week of Aug 31. If they build our cars that week, that would put delivery to us western divisioners sometime around Halloween, give a week or two. Soon as I know fer sure I'll start a week 36 (or whatever it will be) support group. Good way to vent and meet others whose cars will be boat-mates.

Boo!
For sure a support group will be needed. Well hopefully the info will start to trickle in by end of this month. My MA seems to think they will get their production numbers/allocations from Mini by then.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:32 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
this is what I was told as well, altho t'row I get to enter in my 09 build with my MA. 60 days after production week is about right for a car delivered to the west coast. also, my car went up only $250.
Sixty days after production week to west coast is a high / worst case estimate for west coast. More likely is four to six weeks depending on how long you wait for a boat and any non-factory adds to your vehicle. Look around in the 1st Gear forums to see prior production weeks and when people report getting their cars.

Me, I'll be happier when I get a 2009 production number ...

Old 07-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Juiceman
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I see that the sports package isnt available until Dec. So does that mean I cant order a 2009 mini until Dec to get the sports package? Or can I order the individual items thats in the sports package?

Old 07-20-2008, 02:55 PM
CK
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Juiceman
So I see that the sports package isnt available until Dec. So does that mean I cant order a 2009 mini until Dec to get the sports package? Or can I order the individual items thats in the sports package?
You can order the components to Sports package you want today, however, what one doesn't know is if by Dec. 08, the Sports Package combined would be cheaper than what your piecemeal Sports Package.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Juiceman
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just my luck Im ready to get a new Mini, now I have to wait for the cheaper package. Oh well it will be a nice xmas present for me.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:53 AM
wandrur

Boo!
Cool! And Halloween would be cool...my favorite holiday!

Old 07-21-2008, 03:47 PM
PhoenixAscending
2nd Gear
I ordered my MCS on July 12 and was told that I'd have to wait for allotment to see when I'd get into the system. My MA did tell me that it would be a 2009 and he would see that I would get everything I ordered with the 2008 config. I've not been provided with a production week.

Personally, I'd like to know a little bit more about the Smartphone application. Is it really $100 add on or not? Does it really integrate an iPhone? All these questions have been asked of my MA but I haven't received an answer.

I was really hoping to get my MCS before the snow flew so I could get a few nice motoring days in. If not, it'll be a birthday present to myself

Old 07-22-2008, 02:26 PM
CK
1st Gear
So anyone who ordered or thinking of ordering an MCS 09 get any new updates beyond September build with Oct/Nov delivery?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:18 PM
wandrur
Got my production number via email from my MA after I inquired about it.

Shweeeeet.

He also mentioned that there are online tracking issues going on via Mini right now but that they will hopefully get cleared up sooner rather than later.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:10 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JnC
Hmm. I was told at the dealership today that the Mini factory is shut down in August. ::shrug:: Maybe JCW is special.
I bought a BMW last year and they were shut down in August retooling for the 2008s at the time and began production in September. Europe also goes on Holiday in August...Awefully convenient if you ask me...

Old 07-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
I am at the same stage. Ordered an 09 MCS this past Saturday. Got my production number by my MA a few hours ago . I tried to put it in the owner lounge but it just re-direct to BMW site! He said it didn't mean anything now, probably have to wait a few more weeks for it to be useful in term of tracking.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:14 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by Dinlaka
I am at the same stage. Ordered an 09 MCS this past Saturday. Got my production number by my MA a few hours ago . I tried to put it in the owner lounge but it just re-direct to BMW site! He said it didn't mean anything now, probably have to wait a few more weeks for it to be useful in term of tracking.
Did you get a projected week along with your production number?

Old 07-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
No, I didn't get the production week yet. My MA told me that things will be much clearer in a few weeks. I guess we'll just have to be patience. It's hard I know .

Old 07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
RaceTripper
6th Gear
The MINI factory does not shut down in August. I'm scheduled for (Week 32) production Aug 3-9. That's also the week the last 08 MCS are produced. Then they switch over to 09 (all JCW are already 09). BMW cannot manufacture enough MINIs to meet demand, even with 3 shifts 7 days a week. They won't shut down longer than necessary to switch over the production line for 09 MC and MCS, but it looks like there is already a Week 33 support group (Aug 10-16).

Old 07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
sequence
6th Gear
um, I think y're taking "shut down" literally. the plant is not shutting down, just cutting way back barely enough to build the last of the 08 holdovers (which are actually week 33) and JCWs, to give employees annual vacations, and retool for the first full week of hardtop and clubman 09 production week 36 (9/1.) 2009 model year will also see a bump of 3,000-5,000 cars to the US market to meet the demand. No cabrios until spring.

But no historically Oxford always slows down in aug for annual vacations and plant mtce, despite the continuous demand. that's the English/European way. dude.

Quick Reply: R56 Sept: The start of 2009 model production