R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Sept: The start of 2009 model production

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:20 PM
middleAgeMiniFan
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my '09 Mini Cooper this past Monday at Irvine BMW. They had run out of production numbers for the '08 model, so I ended up ordering the '09 which is fine with me. I did get a production no. from them but they told me it'll be a couple of weeks before I can begin tracking the car in the Owner's Lounge website.

BTW, tried seeing if I could get a better deal thru Crevier BMW, but their markup was higher at that time, tho' the Irvine dealer also charged me a markup but at least I didn't have to buy their maintenance or warranty plans, which are highly marked up (IMHO) at Crevier!

I'm no expert at negotiating, but even with all of the research I did there's no alot of wiggle room on trying to purchase a Mini in my area.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
HornBlowR
2nd Gear
I found out through ASKMINI that my MC 08 is scheduled for week 33 production. This is after my MA told me that my car was scheduled for production this week! I ordered it last week. Had I known that my MC was going to be produced in the very last week of the 08 run I definitely would have considered an 09.

I don't know if the dealer was intentionally being deceitful just to make a sale or she got some bad info. She said that since I was at code 112 that it would be just a matter of a couple of days before my car was in production.

Hhhmmmm....

Old 07-30-2008, 09:58 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by middleAgeMiniFan
Just ordered my '09 Mini Cooper this past Monday at Irvine BMW.
How was your deal at Irvine (however specific you can be)? I will probably be ordering from them in August. I also found Crevier to be more expensive than Irvine.

Thx

Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by middleAgeMiniFan
Just ordered my '09 Mini Cooper this past Monday at Irvine BMW.
How was your deal at Irvine (however specific you can be)? I will probably be ordering from them in August. I also found Crevier to be more expensive than Irvine.

Thx

Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 PM
middleAgeMiniFan
1st Gear
Hi jimatvs: I had mainly dealt with Crevier via email (and a phone call later). They really try to include their add-on "value" package which was the LoJack and some special coating, which I didn't want. Even after getting them to swap it out for their warranty which I was interested in, the warranty price was really high, plus they then added on a mark-up. (The original deal had an "internet discount", but the overall price was jacked up with their value package -- really it was a wash when they swapped out the value package for the warranty.) Then the Crevier sales guy tried to give me some mumbo-jumbo on how the 2009 MSRP on the Miniusa website was incorrect (of course he said the correct MSRP price was higher). Irvine BMW was easier to deal with - at least they were upfront on what their markup was and didn't try to sell you extra "packages." With the Minis being so much in demand, I felt at least with Irvine BMW I wasn't paying anything extra that I didn't want, even with their markup over MSRP. Don't think I got the best deal in town, but it was better than I could've gotten at Crevier.

Oh, and I found WarrantyDirect.com offers very good parts & labor warranties and they're one of the more reputable warranty companies out there - much cheaper and better extended coverage than what the dealers can offer.

Good luck!

Last edited by middleAgeMiniFan; 07-30-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:34 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Minifan - thx for the insight! I will keep that in mind when talking with Irvine. When I spoke to Crevier they were (if I remember correctly) WAY over MSRP, which is ridiculous.

As I'm looking for a 3 year lease, I don't think there is a warranty I'd need unless I'm missing something.

Happy Motoring!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Did you guys get the mark-up and up-sell after your mini had arrived? Meaning, you got the MSRP price quote when you ordered it and then you got the sales pitches the day you went to pick it up and pay for it.

I ordered one last week from Main Line Mini outside of Philly, and my SA told me that the price I pay is the order price. I am gonna add the exteneded service plan any maybe some bra-ing, but I hope that's the case. If that is the case, I'm super happy with the straight-forward no hassle/no haggle deal...

While contemplating ordering the mini, I checked a bunch of dealer website on the East Coast. Some of them were selling cars on their sites (come to find out they were no longer in stock for the most part, and they hadn't updated their website) with what seemed to be a 2-3k mark-up.

I guess I'm wondering if the as-you-order price is what you pay in most mini dealerships, if I'm gonna get hassled at pick-up day, or if I should be thankful for my experience.

Can't wait until October!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
CK
1st Gear
I know a few of us had problems logging onto the owners site with our production number. I just tried this morning it worked so hopefully it works for all of you now!
CK

Old 07-31-2008, 10:20 AM
maximus96
3rd Gear
mine says its not in the database, i placed the order this past monday the 28th.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:28 AM
CK
1st Gear
Maybe it will take a few more days. I place mine two weeks ago and been checking everyday, so perhaps soon for you.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
Thanks for the info CK!

My production number worked ... but all I found out was it is "in production." Where did you guys get the expected build date of your '09s?

Also, it doesn't mention the Bluetooth/Ipod package I ordered... might have to call my SA about that, eh?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:38 AM
CK
1st Gear
Mine is 'ordered' -- my MA gave me my expected build date as well as the estimated delivery of Oct/Nov. He did forewarn me that since ours are the first builds for 09 that it might take slightly longer than normal.

I would call your MA asap to ensure they fix that!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
I just called my MA... what does that stand for anway?... and he told me that the build date is week 36 - the first week of the 09s!

He did list the Bluetooth/Ipod package and the HiFi, neither of which were listed on the site... he said that he had them on the list, so it was all good.

Do other people have Bluetooth/Ipod and/or HiFi on thier mini owner lounge list?

If so, I should call him again, eh?

Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your MA is your Motoring Advisor.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
I just checked in the owner lounge successfully. Thanks, CK. One option is missing: white turn signals. Just gave my Motoring Advisor a call and he will doublecheck that for me.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:44 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CK
I know a few of us had problems logging onto the owners site with our production number. I just tried this morning it worked so hopefully it works for all of you now!
CK
Yep, worked for me, too! WOOHOO!!

Originally Posted by Engender
I just called my MA... what does that stand for anway?... and he told me that the build date is week 36 - the first week of the 09s!
I'm pretty sure that's my week, too.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
middleAgeMiniFan
1st Gear
Did you guys get the mark-up and up-sell after your mini had arrived? Meaning, you got the MSRP price quote when you ordered it and then you got the sales pitches the day you went to pick it up and pay for it.
My MC was marked up by the dealer at the time that I placed my down payment and ordered by car. I received the final price with my options (bluetooth/iPod, sports seats, cruise wood steering wheel & shift ****, fog lights, white turn signals and sun roof) in the paperword, except for tax & title charges, which I figure is about 2% here in California.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:20 PM
MrTIer
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Build status

I just emailed my MA about my order number and build week for the Mini I ordered last Friday. He mentioned it would start building in Sept and likely be delivered in Oct.

How do I check the build status?

Old 07-31-2008, 07:13 PM
middleAgeMiniFan
1st Gear
I tried entering my production no for my 2009 MC again on the owners lounge website, and instead of being redirected to the BMW site, it came back and said the production no. I entered is for a silver metallic 2009 MC, which isn't mine (pepper white).

Anyone else experience a similiar problem? (I did just place the order this past Monday, so maybe it's too early to check the website?)

Old 07-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No worries!The MINI that shows is based on the dealers original allocation which in your dealers case was a Pure Silver MINI.Your specs haven't made it in the system yet.It will change to what you ordered just keep checking!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:10 AM
middleAgeMiniFan
1st Gear
Yeah! Just checked this morning and my production number was entered into the system. (It was ordered thru the dealer this past Monday.)

Checked the list of options ordered and it had everything I had ordered except for the iPod/buetooth adapter, white turn signals and sports seats. Maybe I should wait a few days to see if they're still entering in my order and it's just not complete yet?

Can't wait until it arrives! This is better than Christmas!

Post-date: Checked again and I didn't scroll down far enough in the list of ordered options for my production number -- sports seats are listed as one of the options, but the white turn signals and bluetooth/iPod are still missing.

Last edited by middleAgeMiniFan; 08-01-2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Update on missing items
Old 08-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Engender
3rd Gear
My MA assures me that the Hifi and Bluetooth/Ipod options are part of the order... I just submited a question to miniusa.com about the fact that they are not listed on the Factory Ordered Options list and if I should be concerned... I'll try to remember to let you guys know what I found out.

And if you guys find out that somehow the Bluetooth/Ipod didn't get ordered even though your ordered it and it wasn't listed on the Owner's Lounge, let me know!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
wandrur
My MA assures me that the Hifi and Bluetooth/Ipod options are part of the order... I just submited a question to miniusa.com about the fact that they are not listed on the Factory Ordered Options list and if I should be concerned... I'll try to remember to let you guys know what I found out.

And if you guys find out that somehow the Bluetooth/Ipod didn't get ordered even though your ordered it and it wasn't listed on the Owner's Lounge, let me know!
Cool, HiFi was missing from my order description as well (as well as bonnet stripes). Is this a dealer-installed feature? Would that explain why it's not listed?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
DSMCS
2nd Gear
NAV is missing from my options list in the owner's lounge. I spoke with my MA and he said it may eventually show up but not to be concerned. I'm not sure if I should actually believe him

Old 08-01-2008, 11:28 AM
wandrur
Originally Posted by DSMCS
NAV is missing from my options list in the owner's lounge. I spoke with my MA and he said it may eventually show up but not to be concerned. I'm not sure if I should actually believe him
Should tell him, "Oh, I'll pay you...eventually."

Quick Reply: R56 Sept: The start of 2009 model production