R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Disrespecting the MINI: He finds the MINI "annoying"

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 04:47 AM
mysticturner
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SmokeM
Reads like more the one Mini almost took him out.

As a cyclist, it's very easy to get riled up when someone almost takes you out on a bike. I don't blame him, he's probably just venting. Some jackass kid in a honda civic almost took me out with his side view mirror. If he had been one or two inches closer, my elbow would have been shattered I'm sure. If I had caught him at the light, he would have had a nice shoe print on his door, that's how mad I was.

As for us Mini owners, if you're driving, DRIVE. If you NEED to talk on the phone, install a hands free Parrot. If you're texting, or emailing, you're an ***. Stop it before you kill someone.It's easy for this brand to get stereotyped, its so easy to recognize.
Agreed. Someone almost hit him. It reminds me that I need to get my biker guard (kinda like a brush guard) installed before I go to NYC. Actually, I know I'm not qualified to drive in that insanity, so I don't plan on ever motoring there.

And on texting, this goes back a few posts, I don't text either. Nor get email on my Palm Pilot phone. Nor have it connected to the internet. Why would I? I can be Motoring instead! WhooHOO!

Old 08-17-2008, 05:13 AM
07BPB
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im 18. In my generation its almost compulsary to be able to text without looking at the phone

But yeah with fuel prices these days its very tempting to get a bike to commute with that. Save the mini for the weekend.

Going off on a tangent here, does anyone watch robot chicken? They did a skit where a guy was sitting in traffic and to get a laugh opens his car door just as a motorbike goes past. Luckily it was all stop animation.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:26 AM
ADGrant
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmokeM
Reads like more the one Mini almost took him out.

As a cyclist, it's very easy to get riled up when someone almost takes you out on a bike. I don't blame him, he's probably just venting.
I don't think so. If a Mini had almost taken him out he would have said so and describe the argument with the driver that would have surely followed (and possibly been quoted in the NYT). At least that's what happened when a large SUV with New Jersey plates "almost killed" him. Of course there is probably nothing someone like BikeSnobNYC likes to hate more than someone from New Jersey driving a large SUV.