R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Wait times for 2009 MINIs

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 AM
byhsu
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bsnyder100
I placed my order for a 2009 MINI about two weeks ago, I was speaking with the representative for Mini North America and he said my order had been "bumped" back a week due to a high volume of orders. He guesstimated my delivery to be some where near Oct 7th... I just cannot wait any longer.... How do I cope!! What are guys getting in terms of wait times???
that is about 6 weeks wait, I had to wait about 2 months for mine.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Dwell
4th Gear
I ordered mine on Aug 13th and still no prodution #.

I'm already ordering parts for it. Obsession before ownership? It is possible.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
I ordered our car in Mid-August (three weeks ago) and have been told it should be in week 37 production with a delivery date around mid-October at the dealership.

I'm looking forward to it but not obsessed, the car is actually for my wife I've got two fun cars to drive otherwise and the longer it takes the longer until I have to start paying for it

Still if you don't have a fun car to drive and are trading/selling your old/boring ride I can see how the wait would seem to take forever....

Analogeezer

Old 09-06-2008, 03:32 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Analogeezer
I ordered our car in Mid-August (three weeks ago) and have been told it should be in week 37 production with a delivery date around mid-October at the dealership.

I'm looking forward to it but not obsessed, the car is actually for my wife I've got two fun cars to drive otherwise and the longer it takes the longer until I have to start paying for it

Still if you don't have a fun car to drive and are trading/selling your old/boring ride I can see how the wait would seem to take forever....

Analogeezer
To be honest, I have a 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic thats a blast to ride. I usually put about 15k on it a year as I drive it more than my car (except in the winter). With that being said, the wait for my MCS is killing me. After taking one out for a demo ride, there is just nothing like it! Harleys are a whole lot of fun, but so are Minis. I think I'm more obsessed waiting for my MCS than any of the Harleys I've ever bought. Just my opinion though.

Oh and my "boring car" was a Mustang GT. Which compared to the Mini is boring.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:51 PM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered today, and got a week 38 production slot as well. I was told production the week of the 15th of September, Delivery 3-4 weeks after that.

I'm joining in on the week 38 support group. I don't even have the car, and feel like I'm going through withdrawals!!! *lol*

-Ben

Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
I ordered Aug 30, and although I have a production number, I still have no confirmed week. Reading everyone's else's sob stories helps me get a quick fix, but at the same time, I keep adding to my baby because I keep rethinking my needs. Or thneeds as Dr. Seuss would have put it. I won't be able to afford it once it actually goes into production...ahhhhhhh

Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 AM
BobT
1st Gear
wait Time

I was told that my production date was Sept 8 by AskMini about a week ago. I took this to mean the start date.

Called again a few days ago. Now, was told that the car went into production on the 4th, and, would be finished by the 8th! Maybe, I picked up a week in the process?

Probably, I'll call them again tomorrow to see ifabove is correct.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:04 AM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by paulf10
To be honest, I have a 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic thats a blast to ride. I usually put about 15k on it a year as I drive it more than my car (except in the winter). With that being said, the wait for my MCS is killing me. After taking one out for a demo ride, there is just nothing like it! Harleys are a whole lot of fun, but so are Minis. I think I'm more obsessed waiting for my MCS than any of the Harleys I've ever bought. Just my opinion though.
I agree. I have a 2006 Harley Sportster that I put about 8k miles per year, and there are some rather striking similarities between driving the two and how enjoyable the experience truly is. Will be nice to have something that can go in unfavorable weather conditions here in Colorado. My bike was garaged for four months during its first winter.

I didn't wait for my bike--it was sitting there just waiting to be bought, so that at least wasn't stressful. In fact, had I needed to wait for it, I probably wouldn't have bought it! Not so with the MCS. I placed my order on July 7th and won't be taking delivery until late October, though most likely in November (it's a week 39 build). ALMOST FOUR MONTHS OF WAITING!!!

Blech.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:55 PM
MiniKinn
1st Gear
I ordered mine on 8/28 and was told that I have to wait 4.5-5 months till the delivery.

Dwell, I see that you ordered your MINI from South bay. So did I.
How soon are you expecting to receive the production number? My MA said I should expect to receive it within 3 months. I got looooong way to go.
Looks like mine's taking longer than everybody else's. :(

Oh, and this is my first time posting here on NAM. Nice to meet you everyone!!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
wandrur
MiniKinn, welcome! I'm so not excited about the waiting game, either, though it sounds like you'll be waiting even longer than me. I hear things in previous years were even worse, so I suppose we should be thankful or something.

I'll be thankful when I drive it off the lot.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:49 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
Originally Posted by wandrur
I agree. I have a 2006 Harley Sportster that I put about 8k miles per year, and there are some rather striking similarities between driving the two and how enjoyable the experience truly is. Will be nice to have something that can go in unfavorable weather conditions here in Colorado. My bike was garaged for four months during its first winter.

I didn't wait for my bike--it was sitting there just waiting to be bought, so that at least wasn't stressful. In fact, had I needed to wait for it, I probably wouldn't have bought it! Not so with the MCS. I placed my order on July 7th and won't be taking delivery until late October, though most likely in November (it's a week 39 build). ALMOST FOUR MONTHS OF WAITING!!!

Blech.
I'm a big Sportster fan! One of the most fun bikes I ever rode. I had one in 2002. It's the only one I did'nt have to order. In 2004 I had to wait 4 months fo a Electra Glide Classic I ordered. But that was easy compared to the wait for this Mini. I think it's because the Mini is such a one of a kind experience.
I agree that it will be nice to have something fun to drive even in bad weather.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Dwell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniKinn
I ordered mine on 8/28 and was told that I have to wait 4.5-5 months till the delivery.

Dwell, I see that you ordered your MINI from South bay. So did I.
How soon are you expecting to receive the production number? My MA said I should expect to receive it within 3 months. I got looooong way to go.
Looks like mine's taking longer than everybody else's. :(

Oh, and this is my first time posting here on NAM. Nice to meet you everyone!!

Het Minikinn:

Yea, was told the same thing- probably get into production 11/08 to 12-08 and delivery might be dec or jan. Im not sure what the secret is- completely shut down and not think of Minis? Wave a fist as one drives by? Im already purchasing things for my unborn Mini! LOL!

Oh well. I suppose we will really appreciate our cars when they come.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:04 PM
MrTIer
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Build week 36 done!

Ordered my MCS 8/6 and now see that it has completed build and is awaiting transportation. VIN number was assigned about 10 days ago. My MA says it is should be delivered around the end of Oct.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:08 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by paulf10
I'm a big Sportster fan! One of the most fun bikes I ever rode. I had one in 2002. It's the only one I did'nt have to order. In 2004 I had to wait 4 months fo a Electra Glide Classic I ordered. But that was easy compared to the wait for this Mini. I think it's because the Mini is such a one of a kind experience.
I agree that it will be nice to have something fun to drive even in bad weather.
I've always had a soft spot for the Sportster, as my dad has had a 1959 XLH since about 1965 (I was born in '78...so it's always been there). He still rides it at 67 years old!

A friend on a Sportster forum (XLforum.net) said that the Mini is the closest thing to the feel of the Sportster in the twisties, so that helped push me to take a test drive. I think he's right. Can't wait to take a drive into the Rockies when I finally get my (next) baby!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 AM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
Ahead of schedule?

So, i just called ask mini, and my week 38 has already started production, so they must be a little ahead?

I dont mind at all!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
corcoranwtnet
4th Gear
Production Week

As I understand it, each vehicle uses two production weeks (about 9 days). Mine started last week and is scheduled for completion today (week 37). If yours is week 38, it would begin production this week and be completed next week (final assembly).