R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 I Got Hit

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
SPUNKY
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Got Hit

I got clipped by a Hummer H2 today I was turning right to merge into traffic and this moving truck was making a righthand turn into a shopping center. I turn right and this bright red Hummer hauling some **** comes out from behing the moving truck and changes lanes into the one I'm turning into and smashes into me then swerves into the turning lane, waits a little then takes off!!!!!!!! The headlight got taken out, trim, front bumper, and something is scraping on the bottom of my car whenever I go over a bump. I didn't get his plates due to the airbag in my face

Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
rikmeister
3rd Gear
well should be easy to find not many hummers and especially smashed one. so they should just do a check on those registered in your area what colour was it . the damage will tell all tales .

Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 PM
NYMCS
2nd Gear
SOB! At least you werent hurt. I wonder how much damage can be done to a hummer after smashing a Mini?

Old 11-11-2008, 08:36 PM
SPUNKY
2nd Gear
a bystander said that nothing really happened to the hummer cause all that hit me was his wheel and NO ONE!!!!!!!! managed to get his plates.... I'm pretty sure his alignment has to be screwed up cause I got hit by him probly going 40

Old 11-11-2008, 09:01 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you call the Cops?? Definitely file a Hit and Run Report. Hopefully you have witness names and numbers. Though my Husband would have to restrain me from beheading this IDIOT...I would no doubt Ruin His LIFE!!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
jacobarber
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SPUNKY
a bystander said that nothing really happened to the hummer cause all that hit me was his wheel and NO ONE!!!!!!!! managed to get his plates.... I'm pretty sure his alignment has to be screwed up cause I got hit by him probly going 40
he hit you at 40mph and didn't stop?? that's insane. if vulgarities weren't censored on this forum, you'd see lots of namecalling right now

Old 11-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Sketch
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Did you call the Cops?? Definitely file a Hit and Run Report. Hopefully you have witness names and numbers. Though my Husband would have to restrain me from beheading this IDIOT...I would no doubt Ruin His LIFE!!
HAHA you sound like my mother. What an SOB. Sorry that happened man.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:48 AM
bluemeanie357
4th Gear
Is the car disabled after an air bag deployment? I'd assume so. Thats horrible. I'm glad you weren't hurt, and it's too bad no one got the plates. Report it to police and they will check with local body shops and dealers for a red H2. Even if a witness said "no damage" you never know. Eyewitnesses are notoriously inaccurate.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Apple
6th Gear
where was he near a store of shopping mall check and see if cameras are around the area it might have caught it, also keep a pen and paper near you while driving you will run into him again get the tag

Old 11-12-2008, 11:57 AM
whoapower
2nd Gear
Location? Further information inquired from other posters?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:58 AM
callahan00
5th Gear
Don't feel bad. My 4 month old R56 was totalled in a parking lot by a drunk driver in a Ford F350. Basically sqaushed it.

To top it off, a peice of debris flew off a truck and hit my driver's door on the replacement clone I bought. Luckily I tracked him down and his insurance paid for it.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Moonspank
Neutral
ugh i hope you found this guy!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My wife was hit at an intersection by an illegal alien, this guy backs up, and hits her again in his get away. A near by car, chases him and gets his license number. He live in the next county. The police know his name and address and will not do anything because he live out of their county. I contacted the county where he lives with his name and number and they won't do anything because the accident didn't happen in their county.

I'm watching his address frequently for his car to show up.. so far nothing... I'm guessing the address is false.

Really sucks

YD

Old 01-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
How do you know he's an illegal alien?

Old 01-01-2009, 01:50 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Watch the Xenophobic comments. White, blue eyed, US born citizens also commit crimes too.

Crime and misbehavior are common to all nationalities, races, languages and cultures.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Classic hit and run. Get a police report and put a claim to your insurance. That is the best you can do.

At least, you are not hurt.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
You are correct, I do not 'know', but he was driving a total junk car, had an hispanic name, did a hit and run, and no way to track where he actually is or where he may work. I have tried.

I actually don't care whether he is illegal or not, he is sharing the road with me (and you) and acted in a total foolish and dangerous manner. Luckily, my wife was not seriously hurt. I do not claim to be politically correct. I call it like I see it, even if I am proven wrong later. When he hits and runs like a chicken ****, he automatically looses all rights in my book. I am the victim and I'll call him anything I want to, in fact, illegal alien was one of the nicer terms I used to describe this POS.

YD

Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Yo'sDad
You are correct, I do not 'know', but he was driving a total junk car, had an hispanic name, did a hit and run, and no way to track where he actually is or where he may work. I have tried.

I actually don't care whether he is illegal or not, he is sharing the road with me (and you) and acted in a total foolish and dangerous manner. Luckily, my wife was not seriously hurt. I do not claim to be politically correct. I call it like I see it, even if I am proven wrong later. When he hits and runs like a chicken ****, he automatically looses all rights in my book. I am the victim and I'll call him anything I want to, in fact, illegal alien was one of the nicer terms I used to describe this POS.

YD
I would pissed off too is someone crashed my car and then ran off. However I'm not as narrow minded as you to assume just because the person looked a certain way or their name sounded a certain way that they're illegal. File an insurance claim and get on with life.....

Old 01-01-2009, 03:45 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
to OP...

doesn't the airbag deflate right away?

no chase? I kinda feel like my instincts would kick in and I'd call the police while chasing the jerk. No way a hummer is gonna out run your mini.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:46 PM
russgriz
3rd Gear
Xenophobic comments???

Originally Posted by ClubmanS
Watch the Xenophobic comments. White, blue eyed, US born citizens also commit crimes too.

Crime and misbehavior are common to all nationalities, races, languages and cultures.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Classic hit and run. Get a police report and put a claim to your insurance. That is the best you can do.

At least, you are not hurt.
Whoa, whoa wait a minute. What is "Xenophobic" about the term "illegal alien"? True, the poster practiced a stereotype when he assumed the driver to be an illegal alien as opposed to a legal alien (I'm assuming that you do not see anything Xenophobic in the term "legal alien") but you also practiced a stereotype when you assumed that the driver was not, say, a British or Chinese illegal alien.

I'd really like to know how you get from "illegal alien" to "Xenophobic comments", that is all. He cast a stone and shouldn't have, neither should you.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:08 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My wife was hit at an intersection by an illegal alien, this guy backs up, and hits her again in his get away. A near by car, chases him and gets his license number. He live in the next county. The police know his name and address and will not do anything because he live out of their county. I contacted the county where he lives with his name and number and they won't do anything because the accident didn't happen in their county.

I'm watching his address frequently for his car to show up.. so far nothing... I'm guessing the address is false.

Really sucks

YD
I wouldn't worry so much about what the police do to him. Just give his info to your insurance company. They'll go after him. Highly unlikely he has any insurance but they can send a collection agency after him to attempt to get your deductible back.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Whether the hit and run driver was legal or illegal makes no difference. The poster's (yo'sdad) car was hit and the driver ran. The poster was trying to politicize his post by inferring illegal aliens do this all the time and that since the hit and run driver looked Hispanic and had a Hispanic sounding name, he must be illegal . If you see a Chinese person, do you automatically think that person is an alien, illegal or legal? Hispanic, German, Russian, Indian? I don't, I know America is made up of people from all over the world, I don't assume anything.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
I wouldn't worry so much about what the police do to him. Just give his info to your insurance company. They'll go after him. Highly unlikely he has any insurance but they can send a collection agency after him to attempt to get your deductible back.
+1

And lets keep this one on topic (dealing with the aftermath of a hit and run and getting the MINI back to good as new shape) folks, I hate for either of the H&R victims to miss out some valuable information because the thread needs other action taken.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Getting back to the OP- did you get any resolution with this hit and run? Were the cops able to trace the hummer involved?

Old 01-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Let me set the record straight, then I'm not adding any more fuel to this thread. You guys can argue and comment all you want, but I'm out of this, sorry I ever posted anything at all.

I was not driving, it was my wife alone, I was no where near. Neither car had a airbag. Neither car was a hummer. She was hit once, and knocked into a ditch along with the car that hit her. The car that hit her then backed up and hit her again trying to get away and drove away.

The good samaritan who chased down the hit and run car got the license number. Neither police department; the county where the accident occurred, nor the county of the person the license plate was registered will do anything. They both tell me that hit and runs happen so frequently that they just don't have time nor resources to chase them down.

My insurance paid me for my car... but I lost a car (not my MINI), got a little bit of money, and it is over. I can't replace the car with the payout as all you know how that works.

I was never trying to make any political statements. I observed what I stated and I would still make a bet that if that person could be found, he would be an illegal alien. If that upsets you, sue me. But it doesn't really matter, a pos hit my wife and ran away. This is apparently what our country is becoming. Too many people don't seem to be willing to take responsibility for their actions. Just look at the CEOs of companies who bankrupt their companies then run with their golden parachutes leaving destitute families in their wake.

If anyone is more concerned that I mistakenly called this person an illegal alien than what he did and how it effected me, then that is your right. It is also my right to be pissed off as hell. I'll be quiet now and will no longer respond to this thread.

YD

Old 01-01-2009, 05:13 PM
minim8o
4th Gear
...A near by car, chases him and gets his license number. He live in the next county. The police know his name and address and will not do anything because he live out of their county. I contacted the county where he lives with his name and number and they won't do anything because the accident didn't happen in their county...
What lawless part of the country do you live in there where county borders are treated as if they were country borders prohibiting serious criminals from being apprehended?!!! Or where there isn't a state police force that can be deferred to if such strong county delineated law enforcement exists? I know hit&runs to be right up there with some of the most serious crimes where I'm from in the NYC Tri-State region. I'm very curious to learn where you are located ( in part so I can drive around it if ever traveling ).

(edit, I just read the last post. Looks like I was a few minutes too late asking my question; was in the process of typing. Hope I get an answer even tho you said you won't post in this thread!)

Quick Reply: R56 I Got Hit