R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Thinking of converting... what don't you like about your 2nd Gen Cooper S?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 08:22 AM
investigator
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the lack of a temperature gauge. That is my biggest gripe along w/ the lack of control over the intermittent wipers. It's only 1 speed and speeds up / slows down on your speed but nevertheless doesn't function like you wish it would.

Also the blind spots in this car take some getting used to b/c it has such small mirrors.

Don't get me wrong - I love my car but it can certainly be improved.
I am sorry but I did not get to this page before I posted. I was surprised that no one had mentioned lack of a temp gauge but I didn't go far enough into the thread. Sorry.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:27 AM
investigator
4th Gear
Where are you in Florida? I'm in Bradenton. If you're close I'd like to get a closer look at your Scangauge. I've been thinking of getting a two pod gauge set to mount behind the tach but after reading directions it's way too big a job for me.

Click {HERE} for larger image and {HERE} for ScanGauge Website.

Besides the dozen or more engine parameters that can be on continous display,
there are many other features as well, like a 'Trip-Log' and reading/re-setting engine 'codes'.[/quote]

Old 12-26-2008, 10:45 PM
pilotart
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ScanGauge II

Originally Posted by investigator
Where are you in Florida? I'm in Bradenton. If you're close I'd like to get a closer look at your Scangauge.
I've been thinking of getting a two pod gauge set to mount behind the tach but after reading directions it's way too big a job for me.

Click {HERE} for larger image and {HERE} for ScanGauge Website.

Besides the dozen or more engine parameters that can be on continous display,
there are many other features as well, like a 'Trip-Log' and reading/re-setting engine 'codes'.
I live in Cape Coral. Here is a LINK to download the PDF ScanGauge Manual.

I have a 'justa-Cooper' and since there is no turbocharger;
I have no reading for Manifold Absolute Pressure or Fuel Pressure, the other standard fifteen parameters are given
(any of the four buttons will scroll through them, you just leave the four you want in view).

When I got my Turbo LeBaron I added an Analog Boost Gauge, as I considered it a necessity.

Manifold Absolute Pressure should give the same information,
but others have also added an "X-Gauge" command to add a 'corrected' PSI Boost reading (see THIS Thread).

(There are up to 25 additional parameters that can be added with X-Gauge, but I have never added any.)

ScanGauge lists three stocking Dealers in Florida (Jacksonville, Daytona and Tampa):

7212 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.
Tampa, FL 33614
813-882-8477

I would first Google the best price and negotiate with them.
(I purchased from Way Motor Works at a Vendor Show)

ScanGauge comes with a six foot cable that plugs into your OBD-II Port under left side of dash.

I have mine all threaded behind-up and out behind Tach and would need to order an additional cable,
if I were to connect it to another automobile.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:10 AM
investigator
4th Gear
Many thanks for the great information. Sounds like it wasn't too much of a job putting in the Scan Gauge. I will take your suggestions and do a Google search and look for a good price. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by pilotart
I live in Cape Coral. Here is a LINK to download the PDF ScanGauge Manual.

I have a 'justa-Cooper' and since there is no turbocharger;
I have no reading for Manifold Absolute Pressure or Fuel Pressure, the other standard fifteen parameters are given
(any of the four buttons will scroll through them, you just leave the four you want in view).

When I got my Turbo LeBaron I added an Analog Boost Gauge, as I considered it a necessity.

Manifold Absolute Pressure should give the same information,
but others have also added an "X-Gauge" command to add a 'corrected' PSI Boost reading (see THIS Thread).

(There are up to 25 additional parameters that can be added with X-Gauge, but I have never added any.)

ScanGauge lists three stocking Dealers in Florida (Jacksonville, Daytona and Tampa):

7212 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.
Tampa, FL 33614
813-882-8477

I would first Google the best price and negotiate with them.
(I purchased from Way Motor Works at a Vendor Show)

ScanGauge comes with a six foot cable that plugs into your OBD-II Port under left side of dash.

I have mine all threaded behind-up and out behind Tach and would need to order an additional cable,
if I were to connect it to another automobile.