R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Kill the GONG... ANYONE???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
Take the key out of the ignition.

I know... you like to listen to your hip-hip music, right, sonny ? Invest in a radio for the garage. Or is money too tight for you since you're so young ??

And FYI... I'm in my Forties... the best decade of one's life. If you're lucky, your 40s will be as good to you as mine have been good to me. Good luck.
No man I listen to Gansta rap....thats why I drive a Mini...its a bad boy...Pops you may be in your forties but you are not listening to what I am saying. Your parents must have told you to pay attention a lot..

BTW..I am a 44 year old Engineering consultant that also owns and operates a custom car business...money is not my issue...the gong or ding ding is my issue.

Do you know this guy?????

CR&PW&JB listining to his John Denver CD

Old 12-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Bull
How do I silence the gong or ding ding when I am working on the car with the ingintion on and I am parked???? Not driving!!!
Why didn't you say that before. Have you tried buckling the seatbelt, you can feed the belt behind the seat to keep it out of the way. Others have thought of getting a sacrificial buckle and just plugging that in.

It is annoying when it dings at you when you're not even moving.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:48 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Btwyx
Why didn't you say that before. Have you tried buckling the seatbelt, you can feed the belt behind the seat to keep it out of the way. Others have thought of getting a sacrificial buckle and just plugging that in.

It is annoying when it dings at you when you're not even moving.
Thats what I do...when I have the dog in the front seat or a laptop, etc..I usually get all setteled in and forget. The dog does not wear a seat belt..nor tdoes the laptop so I would like to disable it all together. I thought about the seat sensor but I think that is tied to the airbag and dont want to mess with that. If I could be sure that I could fool the seat sensor to think there was someone in the seat then I would do it in a minute. Shouldn't be to hard to remove the seats...the sensor should be pretty simple.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:59 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No man I listen to Gansta rap....thats why I drive a Mini...its a bad boy...Pops you may be in your forties but you are not listening to what I am saying. Your parents must have told you to pay attention a lot..

BTW..I am a 44 year old Engineering consultant that also owns and operates a custom car business...money is not my issue...the gong or ding ding is my issue.

Do you know this guy?????

CR&PW&JB listining to his John Denver CD
Don't let your sense of humor get the best of you, my fellow old man, pops !

And keep listening to that gangsta rap and repping our generation well.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Don't let your sense of humor get the best of you, my fellow old man, pops !

And keep listening to that gangsta rap and repping our generation well.
Sorry Pops....you know us old guys have to keep a good sense of humor to stay young at heart...Rocky Mountain High my friend...rock on

Old 12-19-2008, 07:20 AM
coyle996
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Pops...so let me rephrase the question for you. How do I silence the gong or ding ding when I am working on the car with the ingintion on and I am parked???? Not driving!!! I know my elders always like to wear their seat belts even when they are parked, no problem with that..saftey is important especially when your really old..... but it drives me nuts..
I agree. I like to be able to get into my car and get everything in order before I buckle up. I plug in my ipod, turn on my GPS, etc. . . It would be nice not to have the gong until perhaps the car is in gear? Isn't that how it works in most other cars?

I just hate the fact that the SECOND my "key" goes in the ignition it is GONG GONG GONG GONG.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:41 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Sorry Pops....you know us old guys have to keep a good sense of humor to stay young at heart...Rocky Mountain High my friend...rock on
Just for the record, I prefer Classic Rock... Aerosmith, Queen, The Who, etc. No John Denver for this guy.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 AM
pilotart
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If it's just for the HiFi: after popping the key/fob out, press the volume **** and it will play without any "door-open" or seatbelt gongs.

It will auto time-out after 30 minutes (30G Circuit) and reset from open/close of any door or hatch.

As far as a laptop in the front passenger seat, does not ring my bell, but I would want it belted anyway, if car is moving.
Never know when an emergency stop would send it flying into the dash, not good for either.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Just for the record, I prefer Classic Rock... Aerosmith, Queen, The Who, etc. No John Denver for this guy.
If you say so....I can see you liking Queen but I still think you have a John Denver CD somewhere in your Mini

Baba O'reily was our anthem back in the day...

Old 12-19-2008, 08:37 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
If you say so....I can see you liking Queen but I still think you have a John Denver CD somewhere in your Mini

Baba O'reily was our anthem back in the day...
Can't say that I ever owned a John Denver album, 8-track, or CD. Not even when I was stationed out in Denver, CO.

And Baba O'Reily... just mentioned that in one of those "Top Motoring Songs" threads around here. Still listen to it quite frequently.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:42 AM
smackboy1
3rd Gear
How about just buying a seatbelt buckle from a junkyard and plugging it into the receiver. Or pull the rear seatbelt clip forward and plug it into the front seat receiver. Cheap, easy and fully reversible.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
The dog does not wear a seat belt...
Get a travel harness!

Old 12-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That second video doesn't look any better.They may not have hit the dash but those harnesses probably crushed they're whole chest cavity which means death also.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:01 AM
condor27596
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just realized something.

The dong comes out of the regular speakers doesn't it (?).

Not from a little speaker under the dash like normal.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by smackboy1
How about just buying a seatbelt buckle from a junkyard and plugging it into the receiver. Or pull the rear seatbelt clip forward and plug it into the front seat receiver. Cheap, easy and fully reversible.
Thats a good idea..Just have to locate a set or one.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 PM
smackboy1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OXYBLUECOOP
That second video doesn't look any better.They may not have hit the dash but those harnesses probably crushed they're whole chest cavity which means death also.
In a major accident I think their main purpose to save the human occupants from being injured/killed by a flying dog.