R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Alta is starting to tick me off - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:55 PM
eR1c
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
customer service does not change at an F but damage control was an A+.
Slinger, your one tough customer to please

Last edited by eR1c; 12-19-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:12 PM
lovethecorners
4th Gear
What's in the past can't be changed, but I am very happy that after speaking with Adam I was able to resolve the issue I had and got an immediate refund on my part rental.

The popularity of MINI has been through the roof this year and after talking with Adam he's taking the steps to keep up with demand even if a few have experienced a few hiccups along the way. Slinger's just stating it the way it happened, which certainly was unfortunate. As I said before, if any good has come of it Adam is aware now, has resolved my issue and those of others in this thread and is taking steps to improve communication. I can't ask for too much more and don't wish to dwell. Up until this point I wasn't thanking many people at Alta, but now I am. Thanks, Adam.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Sketch
5th Gear
Originally Posted by eR1c
Slinger, your one tough customer to please
Yeah man, I gotta agree.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:03 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by slinger688
Red Bull, it is time to let Adam and I conclude this w/o all this pushing and interference. We might try to to the right thing after. All this does not help now.
Then take it off line....!!! May I remind you sir you are on a public forum. As long as you post you will get responses.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:43 AM
Ian Venieri
3rd Gear
Wasn't this thread locked?

Now it is open again and I for one agree with it.

The seller appears to have done originally less than their best to correct a problem and the OP brought it to the attention of the community in order to warn others and to motivate the seller to correct the issue.

Nothing wrong so far.

Then the seller appears to have taken some steps to correct the issue and expects that the thread be removed so as not to stand there in perpetuity and impact his business.

Well, sorry Mr. seller, you should have behaved correctly in the first place and asking for the case to disappear, after you were forced by the publicity that it received to correct it, just doesn't pass the smell test. Oh yes, and just because the seller is a sponsor of the forum is also supposed to be a reason to treat him leniently. The pay dues and get a free pass to abuse customers club?

This equates a thief caught in the act and brought to court at which point the thief wants to return the stolen goods and walk free without any record of the crime.

Just because the seller had so far a supposedly "good" reputation doesn't give him a free pass to behave incorrectly. By this logic Bernie Madoff had a good reputation for 20 some years so go tell the people whose $50 billion he scamed that he should be let go.

Let the post stand open for as long as this forum is up. In this age of faceless internet sales it is important for the buying public to have all the protection that can be afforded by forums like this one.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian Venieri
Wasn't this thread locked?

Now it is open again and I for one agree with it.

The seller appears to have done originally less than their best to correct a problem and the OP brought it to the attention of the community in order to warn others and to motivate the seller to correct the issue.

Nothing wrong so far.

Then the seller appears to have taken some steps to correct the issue and expects that the thread be removed so as not to stand there in perpetuity and impact his business.

Well, sorry Mr. seller, you should have behaved correctly in the first place and asking for the case to disappear, after you were forced by the publicity that it received to correct it, just doesn't pass the smell test. Oh yes, and just because the seller is a sponsor of the forum is also supposed to be a reason to treat him leniently. The pay dues and get a free pass to abuse customers club?

This equates a thief caught in the act and brought to court at which point the thief wants to return the stolen goods and walk free without any record of the crime.

Just because the seller had so far a supposedly "good" reputation doesn't give him a free pass to behave incorrectly. By this logic Bernie Madoff had a good reputation for 20 some years so go tell the people whose $50 billion he scamed that he should be let go.

Let the post stand open for as long as this forum is up. In this age of faceless internet sales it is important for the buying public to have all the protection that can be afforded by forums like this one.

You are an idiot.....you have no idea what you are talking about. I wouldn't sell you a piece of cheese.

To the MODS....unreal you let this go on. Alta is a reputable company.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:15 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
Lets set a few things straight.

The Admin staff locked the thread since it was going no place, just bickering back and forth. Post's like #55 are the reason this thread was locked

It was unlocked at the request of lovethecorners so he/she could report on how their issue within this thread was resolved. Then this admin went to bed, it was afterall about 3am.

Now that lovesthecorners has reported his issue is resolved the thread will be locked again until the OP can report back.

At no time did Alta ask us to lock, remove, edit or in way change anything in this thread.