R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Cheapest Place to order OEM accessories? also install questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:11 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Cheapest Place to order OEM accessories? also install questions

I was thinking of getting a few things for my R56:

-JCW aero kit
-JCW springs/suspension
-JCW engine kit

I was wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to get that stuff? Also I'm guessing they need to be installed by the stealer to retain warranty?

Will the dealers give you the parts that were replaced? I'd be interested in keeping the old exhaust, air filter, and body kit being replaced.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:01 PM
slinger688
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
morristownmini.com for prices

The JCW engine kit has the balance of the factory warranty. Most parts are warantied for two years. If installed at the dealer, you can get it fixed there. If you install it yourself, it is not warrantied from damage due to poor installation.

Yes the dealer will give you the parts that was replaced if you ask for it. Do it up front so they can set it aside for you. You shuld keep all the parts if it is relatively new.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:32 PM
rwwilsonjr
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fjork_duf
I was thinking of getting a few things for my R56:

-JCW aero kit
-JCW springs/suspension
-JCW engine kit

I was wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to get that stuff? Also I'm guessing they need to be installed by the stealer to retain warranty?

Will the dealers give you the parts that were replaced? I'd be interested in keeping the old exhaust, air filter, and body kit being replaced.

I too recommend Morristown Mini. Don't know if they are the lowest, but they are usually lower than MSRP and they've always shipped promptly.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:10 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Classic Mini in Ohio is also a good source.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:46 AM
misslindsey
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morristown and Classic always have low prices. Talk to your dealer though - you may be able to get a good deal if they know you're serious about spending that much money and paying them for the labor to install it. My dealer has a flat rate for installing each of the JCW accessories which I didn't argue about, but they did cut me a deal on the parts for the Stage 1 kit that I got.

And yes, to maintain warranty it has to be installed by a MINI dealer. They do have to give you the stock parts back as well, since the work isn't warranty where they'd have an obligation to send the part back to MINI.