R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Busted Front Bumper...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:46 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Busted Front Bumper...

I love the snow, and my MINI has done awesome in it so far. But of course, I ran into a snowbank tonight on my way home. The bottom half of the bumper is pretty messed up, and I think the radiator might even be bent from all the snow that came through the grille (I have the non-S but I put the JCW grille on it). Plus the driver's side fog light mounting bracket is bent. Hopefully everything will be able to be just snapped back into place but I highly doubt I have that much luck.

Does anyone know how much the dealer is going to charge me for a new bumper for my car?? I have a feeling it's going to be ridiculous. Also, if anyone knows how much the JCW bumper would be compared to my original bumper, that would be cool.

I'm really bummed out about my car, I could use some cheering up.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 PM
pilotart
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Look in Market

Above is a link, but always found under NAM masthead above.

There are bumpers listed on that site, posted by members who have upgraded to Aero or JCW Bumpers.

Very likely that you can just straighten the braces behind your bumper and have it all back in place.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

And cheer-up, no injury, minor damage and you don't have to spend a nickle to fix that snowbank

Old 12-22-2008, 10:37 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the link. I may just get a JCW grille and have it painted, it would look much better anyways.

I just hope the snow melts under the hood and behind the grille so I can really see what's going on. It's so packed in there now I can't even get it out with my hands.

Of course I do this the week I'm moving to another city.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:21 PM
CaptainCradicles
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost busted my lower front grill and was able to snap it back in place.

Taking the front bumper off is not too difficult. I saw some instructions around here or from the JCW one online. 2-3 hours to take it off and back on. If you have access to a lift then take a look and see what is going on. You can take the lower front spoiler off to give you access. The dealership will be uber expensive. A body shop that works with MINI's will be more useful. Take it to the dealer and get a tech to take a look in the parking lot. You may be able to repair it yourself and save yourself some coin.

Do you have any pics?