R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 MCS - Sport Stripes, Bonnet Stripes, or No Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
See... there's the difference. I'm not criticizing anybody's MINI. In fact, If you look upthread a few posts, you'll see I told another poster his MINI would look great with NOTHING on it. I told him to de-badge the boot.

You, on the other hand, feel that your opinion is more valid than others and those who disagree with you have "gawdy" MINIs and their cars don't belong on the street.

Okay... my point has been made. Maybe not with you, but it's been made.

Have a good day.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Minidrivr
Yep, it looks best plain. A Mini with a lot of vinyl and decals look gawdy.

Not any more narrow minded than saying a Mini has to modified, stripes, etc to make it personal to the owner. Just won't let it go eh. I've stated my reasons for the OP.
OK...so I will say I don't put much merit in anything you have said...a lot of usless typing if you ask me. Why do you insiste on saying one thing but mean another. Learn how to communicate. I think your car lacks individualism, but thats OK, nobody is saying your car is bad...just plain and would get lost in a parking lot...and thats fine but no need to knock anothers taste...thats tacky...anyway your shallow posts entertain me..carry on

Old 02-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the entertainment. Sure looks like you all took my opinion as a personal attack because I consider certain cars gawdy. Even though CRPWJB said he didn't take it personally. You two seem to be reading more into what I said.

Useless typing. It's a forum. You guys crack me up.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Thanks for the entertainment. Sure looks like you all took my opinion as a personal attack because I consider certain cars gawdy. Even though CRPWJB said he didn't take it personally. You two seem to be reading more into what I said.

Useless typing. It's a forum. You guys crack me up.
Honestly I could care less what you or anyone else says about my car...really. I dont build my car around what others think but rather what I like. And I do not get offended by an opinion. My issue with your post is others that do care about a useless opinion and are not inclinded to respond to a guy like you bugs me...so its not an attack but rather just that you annoy many by your shallow statement...whatever.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
I can see that since I stated my opinion, some took it for a personal attack, which was not the case I intended. CRPWJB then felt the need to attack my opinion. It don't mind at all. That was not my original intent. That's typical for a forum, they are filled with "enthusiasts" who take great pride in their rides and take things personal when they hear contradicting enthusiasm for their ride.

Since we've wasted almost an entire page in this thread going back and forth, for really no reason (useless as you put it), I'll leave it at that. Enjoy your ride, customized or not.

Lawnboy, I still vote for no stripes!

Last edited by Minidrivr; 02-14-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:43 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
I can see that since I stated my opinion, some took it for a personal attack, which was not the case I intended. CRPWJB then felt the need to attack my opinion. It don't mind at all. That was not my original intent. That's typical for a forum, they are filled with "enthusiasts" who take great pride in their rides and take things personal when they hear contradicting enthusiasm for their ride.

Since we've wasted almost an entire page in this thread going back and forth, for really no reason (useless as you put it), I'll leave it at that. Enjoy your ride, customized or not.

Lawnboy, I still vote for no stripes!
You really do have a problem reading and writing, don't you ?

You didn't attack any of my MINIs, specifically, so why would I take it personally ?

I'm calling you out for the ridiculous and shallow comment you made about MINIs that have stripes or other aesthetic mods are "gawdy". And then you made matters worse by insinuating such customizations don't belong on a any street car.

So, if you want to stand behind the protection of "that's just my opinion", go ahead and try. If you don't want your opinion countered, then don't voice it. Simple.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:50 AM
iNetMANN
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be going with the old school Mini European style stripe like that below, but my car is Dark Silver and is raced competitively...

Old 02-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
You really do have a problem reading and writing, don't you ?

You didn't attack any of my MINIs, specifically, so why would I take it personally ?

I'm calling you out for the ridiculous and shallow comment you made about MINIs that have stripes or other aesthetic mods are "gawdy". And then you made matters worse by insinuating such customizations don't belong on a any street car.

So, if you want to stand behind the protection of "that's just my opinion", go ahead and try. If you don't want your opinion countered, then don't voice it. Simple.
Minidrivr is typical of the forum BS I see that makes it bad for others. He does not even have the guts to back up what he said...he gets called out and has nothing to say that makes any sense so he uses the its "just my opinion" because he really was just spouting off....who is taking it personal?? Go away and let it go...we understand you dont have anything to add to the subject.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:42 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Red Bull
Minidrivr is typical of the forum BS I see that makes it bad for others. He does not even have the guts to back up what he said...he gets called out and has nothing to say that makes any sense so he uses the its "just my opinion" because he really was just spouting off....who is taking it personal?? Go away and let it go...we understand you dont have anything to add to the subject.
I think he did go away. He took this to a PM to me. I PM'd him back and poof... he disappeared. And just when I was starting to like him.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:01 PM
misslindsey
5th Gear
I'm sure Lewis is too "gawdy" (PS - NOT A WORD!!!) for you, but I love 'im.

'spose I should upload some new pics... wheels are white and windows were tinted not long after he came home.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
I think he did go away. He took this to a PM to me. I PM'd him back and poof... he disappeared. And just when I was starting to like him.
You are the optimist...

Old 02-14-2009, 03:08 PM
lawnboy
4th Gear
If you wouldn't mind for those filling up this thread with back and forth comments, please start a separate thread accordingly.

Purpose of this thread is simply, Sport Stripes, Bonnet Stripes, or No Stripes, preferably on the PW, and which do you have and why.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by lawnboy
If you wouldn't mind for those filling up this thread with back and forth comments, please start a separate thread accordingly.

Purpose of this thread is simply, Sport Stripes, Bonnet Stripes, or No Stripes, preferably on the PW, and which do you have and why.
Sure....outta here

Old 02-14-2009, 05:32 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by lawnboy

Okay, since this is the first time in the history of NAM that a thread got carried off-topic.

I think we were done with Mr Gawdy anyway.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
There's not much more to discuss. We have differing views.

Last edited by Minidrivr; 02-15-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:55 AM
lawnboy
4th Gear
Nothing wrong with that; like to hear from those too that have the PW.

There's not much more to discuss. We have differing views.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:56 AM
CoopVirgin
1st Gear
I went with the laser blue with black roof and black sport stripes. I see the bonnet stripes everywhere and wanted something a bit different, so I went the sport stripes. No stripes looks good on some MINI colors but not with the laser blue I thought. I just picked her up friday the 13th ( ), so pictures will be coming SOON!

If you go with a black MCS, the silver U stripe looks incredible!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Pinky Demon
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CoopVirgin
I went with the laser blue with black roof and black sport stripes. I see the bonnet stripes everywhere and wanted something a bit different, so I went the sport stripes. No stripes looks good on some MINI colors but not with the laser blue I thought. I just picked her up friday the 13th ( ), so pictures will be coming SOON!

If you go with a black MCS, the silver U stripe looks incredible!
Woo!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
shari
Neutral
? about stripes

Originally Posted by SuperGreg
See my gallery

Do you have any problems with them getting pitted by stones etc...or do you live in an area free of snow salt and sanded roads??? Not sure if I want them on my new Mini unless I get the roadblock 3m product. Any comments are welcome!

Old 03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
BlackSapphire
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Capt_bj
delete all

Old 03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
SnappleLlama
3rd Gear
I originally wanted bonnet stripes, then changed my mind and liked sport stripes. Now, I'll be ordering my Mini around the middle of May, and I don't plan to have any stripes on it!

Old 03-26-2009, 01:01 PM
lawnboy
4th Gear

That what makes the MINI so cool; personalize it how you want!

Or you can always add stripes again later.

What color you going with? Sometime too the stripes work better on certain colors, wheels, etc.

Originally Posted by SnappleLlama
I originally wanted bonnet stripes, then changed my mind and liked sport stripes. Now, I'll be ordering my Mini around the middle of May, and I don't plan to have any stripes on it!