R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 MCS ordering suggestions...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:45 AM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davekmd
Thanks folks for all the input/feedback. I ordered my Pepper White on Saturday from Mini of Annapolis (Maryland). Auto was a requirement since my wife will also drive the car occassionally on weekends. And to be honest she didn't know much about Minis, but when I showed her the car in person she just lit up with a huge smile. She was even more delighted than me that we were getting a Mini that she could drive and so that's good enought for me. Besides I've rowed gears in Washington D.C. traffic for more than 15 years. Plus I have another car with 6-speed if I wish to row gears, listen to one of the most beautiful engines in the world, strafe apexes, and challenge my license.

LSD is not available with automatic so that was out. I decided on Cold, Xenon, rear fogs, multifunction steering wheel, stock leatherette, upgraded stereo speakers, anthicite headliner, and the sport stripes. I was able to keep the price down to where IIIIII thought it was OK. I mean geez I just got a brand new Honda CRV with leather, Nav and every other friggin option Honda offers for LESS $ than the Mini.

Thanks again.
Did ya get the DTC?

Old 03-30-2009, 08:08 AM
TerryD
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have purchased 2 Minis with a sunroof and 1 without. It is a must have. Visualize a cool fall day with sunroof open and seat heaters on. I open mine much more often then I open my windows.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:07 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes I agree sunroof is an absolute must.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:09 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Davekmd,
Pepper White is great color I am sure you and your wife will love your new baby when it comes it. Now you can start the next step in your MINI life. Tracking it from order to dealer, looking at every MINI site you can find, or doing just about anything MINI to take your mind off the wait. I guess that could just be me and you will just wait with out a care for your dealer to call when the car coms in. Yes my name is Thomas and I have a MINI probem. But what a fun problem to have.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:17 AM
davekmd
1st Gear
thanks again

Thanks again for all the replies, opions, experiences, etc. We did not go for the sunroof. We've hardly ever used sunroofs on the cars we've owned. Heck for the last vehicle '06 CRV, which we traded for a new CRV, I didn't even know it had a sun roof!! It just wasn't a big draw for me and trust me, I know I'm in the minority on this as nearly every dealer I visited (or went to their website) and including the dealer I ordered from who had some 70 Minis in stock, nearly every one had the Premium package (with sun roof).

We're looking forward to our Pepper White. I figure I'll be spending the next X weeks just trying to find the correct offset wheel for the car as I'm going to run summer tires and wheels and use the stock wheels /w run-flats for winter. I confess that I'm very surprised that no Mini vendor whose site I've visited offers the correct offset wheel for this car.

I 'came' from the Miata world (www.miata.net) and the one thing Miata folks understand, almost universally, is the importance of the correct offset wheel that should never, never weigh more than stock. Anyway based on perusing the vendors here, I'll spend plenty of time just finding the correct wheel!