R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 HAPPY Motoring Thread ONLY Happy posts

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:08 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
You know your MINI is special when-

You are on a trip and been driving a rental or have no car and-

You come home and get back in the MINI and go for a-

Drive- and realize how fun it is to get out and how much you've been missing.

Major withdrawal possible.

Major enjoyment with the return.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:30 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else have some FUN and EXCITING things to tell us?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:19 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a couple of these threads, and it's always nice to hear other people are just as nuts over the MINI as I am.

I never get tired of people asking me questions - although some of the dumb questions I could really do without - and I never tire of showing it off... I just got back from a 6-day road trip from VA to OH and back to VA, and I think i was approached no less than eight times. Once by a gent from Scotland (very thick accent) who wanted to share his classic Mini stories (LOVE those too!)

Just walking out to the parking lot, when the MINI hoves into view, I start to smile...especially if it's a nice sunny day and he's all shiny, sparkly, and rarin' to go!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:27 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Today, i was headed to work, going 70 when i saw a red MCS in the rear view mirror, coming off the ramp. I slowed down to let him catch up, and followed him two exits past my original exit. I was in my truck and i was instantly desiring his ride. Although, it was a S w/o a sunroof........

It sure was fun to stock the mini for a few miles...

Old 07-08-2009, 07:42 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mini cooper mini
Today, i was headed to work, going 70 when i saw a red MCS in the rear view mirror, coming off the ramp. I slowed down to let him catch up, and followed him two exits past my original exit. I was in my truck and i was instantly desiring his ride. Although, it was a S w/o a sunroof........

It sure was fun to stock the mini for a few miles...
I think we have all done that once or twice! Everytime i see one i always catch up or slow down so we can cruise side by side.

I love trying to find my car in a parking lot only to realize i couldnt see it parked behind a big SUV or even a larger sedan.

Its awesome when my 55 year old dad turns into a kid again everytime he hops in my car. With my old chevy he was always telling me to slow down, but now he just says "Faster! Faster!" while he plays with all of the buttons and ***** on the dashboard.

Keep this thread going!

Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by drewstermalloy
I think we have all done that once or twice! Everytime i see one i always catch up or slow down so we can cruise side by side.

I love trying to find my car in a parking lot only to realize i couldnt see it parked behind a big SUV or even a larger sedan.

Its awesome when my 55 year old dad turns into a kid again everytime he hops in my car. With my old chevy he was always telling me to slow down, but now he just says "Faster! Faster!" while he plays with all of the buttons and ***** on the dashboard.

Keep this thread going!
Mini Cooper Mini: So glad to know I'm not the only one who does that, ahhaha! :D

Drew: Hahaha my dad is the same way! He was giving me such a fuss about the car when I bought it, but now he begs me to drive it! It's so funny.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:02 PM
ricbow
5th Gear
my dad has a 06 corvette &a 69 mustang gt 390 when he saw my mini for the first time ,said cool !!! last march spent 9hrs driving between nor cal & vegas for amviv . never got tired

Old 07-08-2009, 07:31 PM
mordecai
3rd Gear
I've also found that I get a lot of skeptics, mostly with the "oh you got the trendy car" or "why would you want one of those things". Then I take them for a ride.

They almost always immediately understand and I hardly ever hear anything more about it.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:42 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mordecai
I've also found that I get a lot of skeptics, mostly with the "oh you got the trendy car" or "why would you want one of those things". Then I take them for a ride.

They almost always immediately understand and I hardly ever hear anything more about it.
Yeah, that's how all of my friends were. They all thought it was stupid and funny looking when I first got it. I let one of them drive it once and now they're all just upset that they bought Nissans and Hondas.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:30 PM
skerm8
2nd Gear
What is your name MINI Cooper MINI? I did not catch it. I have had the privilege of being a part of the MID CAL MINI's out of Fresno. I have a lot of fun being with other MINI owners. This car is so special and like no other car out there. Enjoy your first miles and figuring out how the car works. All the little things. Join a club (trying to start my own up in the Northern Cal area.) When are you getting your car? I love washing it, I don't rush it and I love to detail it on a warm (no sun) eve. Let us know when you get your new love. --Stacy

Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Skerm - what about some pictures of you and your car, it would be fun to see?

I hope to have it in a few weeks and i hope that all the simple mods that i want will look GREAT and be different then all the rest. I have yet to find one that looks like mine(in my mind).

Just found out this morning that the baby is awaiting transportation across the little pond. So, 17 days at most.

It would be fun to see how they load these into containers for shipping. I am sure that BMW does not have their own boats.... Does anyone know or have any snaps?

Last edited by mini cooper mini; 07-09-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:04 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
NO ONE else has ANY good stories to tell?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:18 AM
iflyga
1st Gear
Brought "Skylar" home last Saturday. It's been a FANTASTIC week . I am hoping to meet up with a friend who is a MCS owner for a few curves this weekend.

Have a great motoring weekend everyone!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:20 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Iflyga - Do you have a picture to post of your beast YET?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:28 AM
mordecai
3rd Gear
Well there was this one time, at band camp...

Old 07-10-2009, 05:40 AM
iflyga
1st Gear
Iflyga - Do you have a picture to post of your beast YET?
I like how you ask...yet. It seems you understand that taking photos hasn't been as much fun as driving, nor the priority the first week! I did have a chance to snap one this morning before getting to the office. Hopefully it attaches correctly.

Attached Thumbnails HAPPY Motoring Thread ONLY Happy posts-my-mini-alexandria-park.jpg  
Old 07-10-2009, 05:43 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
GREAT SHOT........looks good. What a great 4th of July gift for you

Old 07-10-2009, 05:56 AM
mordecai
3rd Gear
Wow looks nice, like the boats in the background too!

Old 07-10-2009, 06:33 AM
countryboyshane
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I live in the metro Detroit area and it’s a rare thing to see a Mini, but one night I managed to see a Chili Red R53 up ahead of me and I quickly caught up. As we continued motoring we drove “spiritedly” passing many grandma’s and soccer mom’s. I had my windows rolled down and the sound of her R53’s JCW exhaust and my Alta turboback system was quite a furious mix! Finally as we stopped at a traffic light she rolled down her window and said, “I knew when I saw your Mini I had to get off my cell phone and roll with you! Have a good night!”

Sometimes I’ll be driving on I-696W in the morning and will occasionally find myself having fun with an Audi A4. What was interesting this morning is that as we came off the exit ramp to a stop light he rolled down his window as did I. He said to me, “Dude! When you pass people as fast as we are going your car barely rolls at all. That’s awesome bro! See you soon!” It’s always interesting to see what types of respect you get from other sport car owner’s especially if they are burly guys like this man was LOL!

The metro Detroit area has no shortage of Honda and Toyota “self proclaimed tuners” with gigantic fart cans practically scraping the ground. I always have a chuckle when one of them see my Mini and then start to go WOT because they want to show how badass their ride is. What a great sound! It’s even better when I downshift and show them what real performance parts are all about!

It’s always cool to see little kids point out my Mini and jump up and down with a smile as my fiancée and I drive into parks and malls.

Roundabouts. I only have three around my township, but the Mini rules them! During my fun on them it’s great to see people’s mouths hanging in cars waiting on opposite sides while I blaze through them. I need more roundabouts!

The most fun I have in my Mini is when I caravan with others from the Michigan Mini Motoring Club. Cruising on the highway with 25 other Minis is one of the most incredible feelings for a hardcore Mini owner. I just love it! Being that most of us like the attention, the stares from other drivers and their respect of the caravan are always amazing.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:56 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
It sounds like your MINI is a flirt. Flirting with all the other sports cars on the road......LOL

I know the feeling of a multi car caravan. Although i have never done it in a Mini, i used to have a pretty big and built up Jeep. There is an event called Camp Jeep and it has been held in Va a few times. I went one year and it was VERY COOL. As i got closer and closer to the event, i saw more and more Jeeps, to the point where Jeeps ruled the road w/o any other vehicles on the road. That was SO DARN COOL. We would go on off-road rides with 20 to 30 Jeeps at a time......At the end of the day, i would retire back to a friend's house and come back to reality. Its a neat-O feeling.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
I like the idea of this post and also like the others. As you get your Mini with over 68000 NAMers out there I find lots of lessons can be learned. Getting a windshield replaced at the dealer for example will cost twice as much as using other companies. Hitting a raccoon might do much more damage to a Mini then hitting a bear. Washing a cabrio in a power car wash is not a good idea as the water comes right into the car. Having a Go Mini third brake light blinker might be upset the guy behind you but he will notice you when you tap the brakes. Lastly driving thru the mountains between Oregon and California is a blast and it really makes for some great pictures.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:48 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
TRON - I want to come the next snow day that you do that, ok? Now, understand that i am in Virginia, so it will take me a few minutes to get there, BUT i still want to go.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
TRON - I want to come the next snow day that you do that, ok? Now, understand that i am in Virginia, so it will take me a few minutes to get there, BUT i still want to go.
Next time your in our neck of the woods let MidCal Mini's know and we might have a run going on. As for the picture of my Blaster in the snow this was a picture of my wife's Bee the following weekend up in the Sequoia National Park roads were clear and dry with lots of snow and clear blue skies.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:01 AM
B.O.B.
2nd Gear

Last edited by B.O.B.; 12-03-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:12 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
I have driven several cars through A LOT of snow (Buffalo, NY). And even though the Mini is tiny, it seems to be better in the snow than even some of the AWD & 4WD vehicles my parents have had, although I did manage to get my car stuck quuuuite a few times last winter.

Plus, the e-brake works very very well in those big open snowy parking lots

I think I did something cool to my car while sleepwalking last night. On the way to work today (5 miles, 10 minutes), I probably had 5 or 6 people give me a thumbs up. When I parked and got out of my car, there was a middle aged guy leaning on his Chili Red R56 S, gave me another thumbs up and a "Cooool Rideeee Duuuude!!!"

Quick Reply: R56 HAPPY Motoring Thread ONLY Happy posts