R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 HAPPY Motoring Thread ONLY Happy posts

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drewstermalloy
I have driven several cars through A LOT of snow (Buffalo, NY). And even though the Mini is tiny, it seems to be better in the snow than even some of the AWD & 4WD vehicles my parents have had, although I did manage to get my car stuck quuuuite a few times last winter.

Plus, the e-brake works very very well in those big open snowy parking lots

I think I did something cool to my car while sleepwalking last night. On the way to work today (5 miles, 10 minutes), I probably had 5 or 6 people give me a thumbs up. When I parked and got out of my car, there was a middle aged guy leaning on his Chili Red R56 S, gave me another thumbs up and a "Cooool Rideeee Duuuude!!!"
Were you running snow tires or the OEM' types

Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tron Chief
Were you running snow tires or the OEM' types
Continental All Seasons. Lots of people said they weren't good in the snow but I didn't have a problem at all. I'm going to have to get snow tires this year though, my tread is running a little low.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:14 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Any good thoughts on some good snow tires? Living in Va i don't really need them, but i would be interested to hear your thoughts?

Old 07-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are probably lots of happy motoring posts on snow tire recommendations over in the Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Forum.

I'm happy that resource exists over there so this thread can get back on its happy motoring topic.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:27 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OH GIiiiiL....It's all happy thoughts, what's the diff? (But very tactful of you, dear. )

I have now infected my brother. When he met me at MOTD this year, he'd never really been in the MINIs before - he had an old VW Bug, but it was totally NOT the same. So ... I think I've now created a monster! He's been "MINIzed" (as he puts it) and is on a mission to do the same to his new wife. She's not a roller-coaster-or-twisties type, so this should be interesting....

Old 07-10-2009, 10:27 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mini cooper mini
Any good thoughts on some good snow tires? Living in Va i don't really need them, but i would be interested to hear your thoughts?
I have no idea. I'll be able to tell you after this winter!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:29 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
OH GIiiiiL....It's all happy thoughts, what's the diff? (But very tactful of you, dear. )

I have now infected my brother. When he met me at MOTD this year, he'd never really been in the MINIs before - he had an old VW Bug, but it was totally NOT the same. So ... I think I've now created a monster! He's been "MINIzed" (as he puts it) and is on a mission to do the same to his new wife. She's not a roller-coaster-or-twisties type, so this should be interesting....
I "infected" my parents. They're planning on getting a new car next fall. They've already decided it's going to be a Clubman or a Crossman (or whatever it ends up being called).

Old 07-10-2009, 11:44 AM
KittyMini
3rd Gear
Last time I was driving my husband, I took a great S turn I drive every day to work as hard as I could and scared him........

My work is done

Old 07-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Kimini03
5th Gear
Ever since we have had our Mini my family likes to keep us up on Mini sightings, ect.

My Grandparents, Parents, and Brother went to a bigger city yesterday and when they got back they were telling me how they were spotting all the MINIs!

Last night I was on the phone with my Grandma and my Grandpa was in the background going tell her about that, tell her about that.......He was watching David Letterman and in his monologue was mentioning how the mosquitoes are so bad that they had attacked and carried away a Mini Cooper!!!

I think it is cute that they like to keep me up on all things MINI!!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
I love it when my friends/family text message/email/instant message me telling me they saw me driving to such and such place. It feels great!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:05 PM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Gil-galad - You beat me up in my own thread.......GREAT JOB! Its all good, someone has to keep me in line. I do enjoy the direction of this thread....I REALLY do. Keep up the good work everyone

Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Kimini03
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Agent.COOPER
I love it when my friends/family text message/email/instant message me telling me they saw me driving to such and such place. It feels great!
Sounds like you are a star in your MINI and everyone knows when you are on the move!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Kimini03
5th Gear
mini cooper mini-any word on when your MINI will be here?? You will have to post us some pics once it arrives!!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
The best time I have ever had in my MINI is everytime I get behind the wheel and it makes me smile

Old 07-10-2009, 07:46 PM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Last i looked, it was waiting at the docks for a ride across the pond.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Driving a cabrio at night with the top down looking at the stars

Old 07-11-2009, 02:40 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Driving a cabrio at night with the top down looking at the stars
Oh yes, yes!! That reminds me. When I was bringing my baby home we went to find a backroad instead of taking I-71 back home. It was around 9 at night... and we rolled down the sunroof and the windows. The moodlighting was making everything inside the car a gentle blue, the stars and the moon were so beautiful... the radio was playing awesome music... and the scenery couldn't have been more excellent. We didn't get home until midnight, but it was SO worth it. I was a complete zombie at work... but once again, worth it. :P

It was a fantastic. Every time I come back from the dealership I'd love to take that road in particular.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Good point some of the best roads are just off the beaten path. With a Mini its great to leave the freeway and take that road especially if it has some twisties in it bend the rules and rule the bends

Old 07-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Originally Posted by mini cooper mini
Gil-galad - You beat me up in my own thread.......GREAT JOB! Its all good, someone has to keep me in line. I do enjoy the direction of this thread....I REALLY do. Keep up the good work everyone
"...beat me up..." seems like such strong words. I like to think of it as a friendly, gentle nudge.

After having been away on travel this week, it was so nice to get back to the local airport and find my MINI waiting for me in its carefully planned, well protected spot in the parking ramp. After about a mile of driving (just enough to warm up the tires a bit), there's a tight 270 degree ramp to the main road. There was no one in front of me to slow me down. Life was once again good and proper!

Old 07-11-2009, 06:36 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Gil - its all good, i liked it.....

Old 07-11-2009, 04:00 PM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Just got my color matched headlight rings, color matched tail light rings, color matched plinth bar, the new black out grill, and the rubber console pads.

BUT,

I still have no car yet........

Old 07-11-2009, 08:33 PM
iflyga
1st Gear
I like the idea of this post and also like the others. As you get your Mini with over 68000 NAMers out there I find lots of lessons can be learned. Getting a windshield replaced at the dealer for example will cost twice as much as using other companies. Hitting a raccoon might do much more damage to a Mini then hitting a bear. Washing a cabrio in a power car wash is not a good idea as the water comes right into the car. Having a Go Mini third brake light blinker might be upset the guy behind you but he will notice you when you tap the brakes. Lastly driving thru the mountains between Oregon and California is a blast and it really makes for some great pictures.

+1. Well said.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Dice-gal
2nd Gear
Just over a week ago I finally got another mini(had an 04' that I sold in 07')..09' Mini Cooper. I did my first Mini Outing today! Met some really nice, personable people..HAD A BLAST!

Old 07-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Rixter
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My next door neighbor came over while I was washing Spike. She commented not only how much she like my new MINI, but she told me about her cousin who loved his MINI so much, he named is first born Cooper. Now that's love

Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 AM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Rixter - did you take HER for a drive in your Cooper, sounds like she was flirting with you OR the car......LOL

Quick Reply: R56 HAPPY Motoring Thread ONLY Happy posts