R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 HAPPY Motoring Thread ONLY Happy posts

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Rixter
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mini cooper mini
Rixter - did you take HER for a drive in your Cooper, sounds like she was flirting with you OR the car......LOL
She was flirting with Spike, but no I didn't offer a ride since he was in the middle of getting a bath . I'm a happily married dude

Old 07-13-2009, 03:38 PM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Luv325Ci-MiniCoopS
2nd Gear
The other day I was driving home from work and I pulled up to a stop sign, a man in a Lexus IS 250 motioned for me to put my window down. He wanted to tell me that my car was gorgeous and beautiful and wanted to know if it was brand new. I thanked him and told him it was a little over a year old. He gave me a thumbs up, the guy made my day

Last edited by Luv325Ci-MiniCoopS; 07-14-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:58 PM
mordecai
3rd Gear
Yellow was the first color Mini I fell in love with. Unfortunately my wife didn't share the same view so I adjusted my priorities :-)

Either way, its beautiful!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
So this past weekend we had a small run up near Bass Lake CA. With a "T" intersection we ended up getting broke apart based on traffic and the CHP officer watching us as we pulled into the intersection did not really help matters. About a mile down the road the first group of Mini's pull over so we can line up 13 Mini's and continue on our journey. The CHP officer pulls over in front of the lead car and mentions to the driver that he has never seen so many Mini's together which leads the local Sheriff to pull over lights and sirens on thinking something big is going on. After the CHP officer informs him that all is well he scampers off and with a wave 13 Mini's all take to the twisties in the mountains. One or two cars running together is fun MORE is better if you doubt me just be one of the last cars and watch the reaction of drivers going the other way.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:17 PM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
That's GREAT fun!

Old 07-14-2009, 07:51 PM
mordecai
3rd Gear
I only hope some day....

This area is lame, a lot of unfriendly and/or old Mini drivers. I need to go somewhere better.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:00 PM
tangiers8
1st Gear
I've had Roxxy for 1 month and love her dearly. Sounds cheesy, but I think you all know what I mean.

I was out of town for work last week, driving an SUV rental with small mammals for an engine, and realized how spoiled I've become in one month. I passed 7 MINIs while headed south and 14 when headed home. I giggled and waved at each one, only to realize, sadly, that I wasn't driving Roxxy.

I smile every time I see her, get into her and drive her. I'm totally loving my MINI!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
Not all the old drivers have attitudes we have about 50% here of all ages that have no clue what is going on. Some people just don't understand the simple pleasure of returning a wave and you can usually pick them out if you ever held a door open at a public place they are the ones that don't even acknowledge or say thank you when they walk by.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:42 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mini cooper mini
but it seems like everyone complains about all the bad/wrong things. So, how about a happy thread? Post your fun 2007+ pictures in fun places, fun things you have done with your Mini, etc.

POSITIVE posts, please.
Not sure why I haven't seen this thread? I started a thread about being sick of the Mini bashing going on and got flack about it from a prominent person Anyway we love our Minis so much, I have a 03 MCS, that my wife went and ordered a 09 MCS that we have had for a little over a month now. We are in the same club as Tron Chief, "MidCal Minis" What a great bunch of people Happy motoring everyone

Old 07-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
It really does not matter what R__ you have they are all called Mini's for a reason those that are on forum's like these will wave and things like AMVIV causes those that have been to want to go back on those like myself that have never made it want to go. I plan on meeting many of the people that I have talked with on these forums next year in Vegas.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:57 PM
mini cooper mini
3rd Gear
I am still waiting for my 09 to come in, so i think i am going to venture over to a close dealership that has an 08 S Clubman on their lot and see if i can go motoring for a day with it. Would that be a completely wrong thing to do?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
When you think of fun I think of doing a run with a bunch of other Mini drivers, new or old Coupe or Cabrio it really does not matter just one common goal and if you look at the road in the background you'll see what I mean

Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Mini_Kat
1st Gear
I don't think I have been so crazy addicted to a car in my life as I am right now...actually, he's not JUST a car...he's a MINI!! I have been driving along over the past few weeks and have waved to fellow MINI drivers only to realize they bought theirs just to save gas; they were NOT lovers of the MINI! Not a single wave back - how rude! Then I came across the little blue MINI near Enfield, NH and when I saw him shoot that peace sign out the window, I thought I would pee; I was so flippin' excited! I waved back like a giddy little school girl

How could I not be totally in love with my little Dexter A MINI is not just a car...it's a lifestyle Glad to be a member of the cool kids' crowd!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Dice-gal
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mini Kat -

I sooooooooooooooooo agree with you!!! This is my second Mini and I love "Chicky" just as much as my first Baby. I have had her now for 2 weeks and have experienced the rude, "not so into their mini's drivers" as well. I always wave and grin when I pass one.

I have however been to the store, parked right next to another mini twice (my town is rather small) so you can only imagine my surprise when I pulled in the lot and saw another mini. One of those stops the lady actually was leaving when I came out and we chatted a few mini words..talked about how cute each of our cars were and motored on.....once in love with mini..always in love with mini.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:59 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
First off, I'm an American stationed in Spain. I bought my car through BMW basically direct, here in Spain. Its US specs and all, ready to be shipped home when i get out of the military. The weekend after i took the delivery of the R56 i went to Cadiz, here in Spain. Its one of the oldest cities in Europe. Well i went into the inner city, where all the streets are one way and super tight with parked cars everywhere on the sides. Super tight even for a Mini, i had to fold my driver's side mirror up just to get through one little area! I went around this one turn and there was a family walking up and this little girl turned around and her eyes lit up and her jaw dropped! It was adorable, i knew then that i got the right car. I can't wait to get this car back home next summer

Old 07-17-2009, 12:39 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Originally Posted by countryboyshane
Roundabouts. I only have three around my township, but the Mini rules them! During my fun on them it’s great to see people’s mouths hanging in cars waiting on opposite sides while I blaze through them. I need more roundabouts!
Every intersection in Spain is a round about, so i know what your talking about! A lot of these are slippery so its great fun if you can catch it just right and hit the hand brake just right, Mini drifting!!

Old 07-17-2009, 03:11 AM
everytimeidie027
6th Gear
Visited this girl I am seeing, at her work to grab some lunch. and when I was driving home she texted me that her coworkers loved my car haha

Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 AM
jbewley
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mordecai
I only hope some day....

This area is lame, a lot of unfriendly and/or old Mini drivers. I need to go somewhere better.
I agree that there are alot of unfriendly folks here in PA, but what is wrong with OLD mini drivers? I be one and I think I'm a fun guy.

Jim

Old 07-17-2009, 05:38 AM
KittyMini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jbewley
I agree that there are alot of unfriendly folks here in PA, but what is wrong with OLD mini drivers? I be one and I think I'm a fun guy.

Jim
I'm in PA and I'm friendly
My club has a lot of older MINI drivers and they're crazier than I am!

Old 07-17-2009, 05:41 AM
mordecai
3rd Gear

Jim
LOL I knew someone would take that the wrong way. Nothing wrong with being old, just none of the old people I've seen driving minis have been friendly, and I mean NONE. Most of them look like they're miserable.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:42 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear

Jim
It's not so much the ACTUAL AGE of the drivers, as to their ATTITUDE AGE...Some people just really believe they're driving an appliance, not the most awesome vehicle in the world.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:48 AM
mordecai
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
It's not so much the ACTUAL AGE of the drivers, as to their ATTITUDE AGE...Some people just really believe they're driving an appliance, not the most awesome vehicle in the world.
an appliance, thats a god way of putting it.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:54 AM
jbewley
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mordecai
LOL I knew someone would take that the wrong way. Nothing wrong with being old, just none of the old people I've seen driving minis have been friendly, and I mean NONE. Most of them look like they're miserable.
I honesly did not take it the wrong way, but had to jump on that to poke a little fun. Us old folks have earned the right to act grumpy and look unhappy when we are really having a blast.

Jim

Old 07-19-2009, 05:49 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
^^ sneaky old geezers haha

Quick Reply: R56 HAPPY Motoring Thread ONLY Happy posts