R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Loaner

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Loaner

So I have my 2007 Mini Cooper S in for service to fix a tire and have all 4 rebalanced and to have them look at the clutch to see if it is burned out. The great guys at Tom Bush Mini here in Jacksonville were kind enough to give me a loaner. It is a 2009 JustaCooper. Now being that I am one about all power the JustaCooper doesn't do it for me. But I like the other stuff this car has to offer. One being the fact that the interior is not chrome lined which I really like. It is black and flat grey. I really like it makes me want to switch I think that when I go back I will trade the ebrake handle I bought for the black one and start to see how hard it would be to switch it over. I also like the cruise control cause mine doesn't have it. It is very easy to use and yo can speed up and slow down using it. I like the warning bell a lot more its not loud and obnoxious. It is very smooth almost homely. I don't dig the seats I really like the sport seats. But other than that it is very comfortable and I can see why be like the regular Cooper. I just thought I would post up this to let everyone know.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is nothing wrong with the "JustaCooper", power may be the only difference. Molly's Color Scheme is Black, Chrome and Grey, with Anthracite HL, Chrome Line Interior, Leatherette Sport Seats. It's a cohesive combo and is both Flashy and Comforting at the same time!!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
No I am not saying there is anything wrong with it at all. It is a very comfortable car. I like a lot of how the interior looks. I don't like the chrome lined interior. I don't like chrome cause it takes to too much to keep it clean and sparkling. The flat grey lined that is in this car and the black line that is in it also looks really good. Though the automatic is bothering me but it might be for the fact that I have never driven a Mini with a auto before. Its a good car though I didn't mean for it to come off like I thought JustaCoopers suck. Cause they don't it really is a nice ride. I forgot to mention that it is so much softer of a ride then my S. My S every bump feels like hitting a bolder. Man I am going on on about Minis I love them a lot. I need to drive a Clubman and a JCW and Cabrio and I will be complete.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, so you're NOT Doggin the "JustaCooper"!! The Chrome Line Interior is no problem to clean at all, I use Prima Clarity and as I'm cleaning the windows, I give a little bit more squirt on my Window Cleaning Cloth and clean the Chrome at the same time!!

I can't say much for the ride on the Stock 16" RFs either, those are getting replaced in October!!

WE all L<3VE MINIs that's why WE are here!!

Old 08-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
MMM chrome if taken care of properly with a polish/protective is difficult. Also I really dig the not so shiny interior. The manumatic (aka atuotragic) is a lot weird. I don't like how it shifts. But I dig the cruise control cause mine doesn't have one. I hate the fact that I am the one putting the mileage on this car and not someone else. I want my car back.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a Clubman MCa as a loaner. I was happy to have my MCSm back. The Clubman has more space for hauling stuff, but it gives up some that gocart feel.

I once thought I would like paddle shifters more than a stick, but I don't. After driving the auto trans for a week, I was glad to have the manual back.

The power on the MC might be OK with a manual, but I missed the S power on the hwy 17 grade over the Santa Cruz Mts. The auto trans didn't know how to cope with the grade properly unless the Sport button was on.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:52 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Ahh.. I got a STICK MCS for a loaner... I couldn't have had more fun with it, I didn't want to give it back.

I still have lots of good times in my MC, but the extra power makes it so much more fun. I have only driven an auto on my first test drive, didn't like it much at all.