R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Camden Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Kirby11
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, christomapher! I can imagine how white wouldn't be the best color for door pulls.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:37 AM
onerios
Neutral
Camden Scoop Issues

Hi guys,

Am just doing a quick check here.. Mine's a 2010 MCS Camden and I'm wondering if there are any Camden owners out there who have experienced the melting scoop problem?

Read from several other posts out there that mentioned that Mini has solved the melting scoop problem with a metalicized scoop for 2010 models and up?

Reason I'm asking is that the bonnet radiates with heat after a long drive and I'm not kidding when I say there were a couple of times I nearly burnt my palm when I accidentally touched the bonnet! I'm considering getting the M7 turbo heat shield to prevent the scoop from warping but am not sure if it's necessary if the warp issue has been already resolved..

What do you guys think?

Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by onerios
Hi guys,

Am just doing a quick check here.. Mine's a 2010 MCS Camden and I'm wondering if there are any Camden owners out there who have experienced the melting scoop problem?

Read from several other posts out there that mentioned that Mini has solved the melting scoop problem with a metalicized scoop for 2010 models and up?

Reason I'm asking is that the bonnet radiates with heat after a long drive and I'm not kidding when I say there were a couple of times I nearly burnt my palm when I accidentally touched the bonnet! I'm considering getting the M7 turbo heat shield to prevent the scoop from warping but am not sure if it's necessary if the warp issue has been already resolved..

What do you guys think?
Yup. Mine melted and you should go into your dealership and have it replaced. They'll take care of that for you.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Question for Camden owners....anyone daily their Mini or are they all garage queens? Just curious.

I have 40k miles on mine and don't intend to keep her in the garage at all.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:41 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
Question for Camden owners....anyone daily their Mini or are they all garage queens? Just curious.

I have 40k miles on mine and don't intend to keep her in the garage at all.
Same here, we drive it every day and night, 47k on the odo in 27 months so far

Old 08-15-2012, 03:19 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Originally Posted by VMCMDN
Same here, we drive it every day and night, 47k on the odo in 27 months so far
Nice! By any chance were you the Camden parked in the Rose Bowl @ MTTS Pasadena, CA? There was only 1 Camden there besides mine.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:56 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Nice! By any chance were you the Camden parked in the Rose Bowl @ MTTS Pasadena, CA? There was only 1 Camden there besides mine.
Yes we were there, had the bike racks on it

Old 08-21-2012, 10:14 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Originally Posted by VMCMDN
Yes we were there, had the bike racks on it
Nice. I think I've seen only 2 other Camden's in SoCal, but they were freeway sightings.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:55 AM
honda93
3rd Gear
Sorry, I'm not going through all 15 pages of this thread to see if anyone commented about the Camden, NJ version.

It would feature...

* Three 20" chromed wheels and one 15" steel wheel.
* Bullet holes
* A busted tail light
* A sagging healiner
* Crack rocks scattered about the interior

Here's an example of what might be on that SD card...

Yes, I live in NJ, and yes, I've been to Camden... It really is that bad. Which is a shame, because once upon a time, Camden had pride and prosperity.

Last edited by honda93; 08-23-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:58 PM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
We bought a Camden that is unfortunately missing the SD card of content.

The local MINI dealer says the SD card is discontinued and realoem.com confirms that, so I can't just buy one.

Would anybody be willing to make a copy of theirs or send their unwanted SD card if I paypal'ed (or sent) you something for the effort (plus the cost of the card)?

PM me if so. Thank you!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Josh4285
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MidnightMini
Here's a pic of me w/ it yesterday morning.
how YOU doin

Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 AM
Whitie
Neutral
New to the "MINI" thing... and already an addict!

Just bought a Camden S Jan 22, 2013. 48k mi., bone stock & in great shape. usb Ipod port, satellite & Harmon Kardon radio, "Mood ring" int. accent lighting, xenon headlamps, 6 spd. std., cold weather pkg., dual sunroof, etc...
Just curious from all you peeps that I see ordered yours new, What was the original sticker on mine (roughly)? Tough to figure out w/the xtra $5k Camden bump up.
BTW, I never leave well enough alone, I'm blacking out... EVERYTHING! Luckily I've discovered Plasti-Dip! https://www.youtube.com/user/DipYour...?feature=watch. So far I've done all the emblems, head & tail lamp trim rings, grill opening trim, door handles & wheels... still have to do the roof & stainless trim strip that runs around the whole car just below the windows. Total cost to date? $42 and a few hrs. time... and if I change my mind? It just peels off!

Check my gallery for more pics... (as soon as I figure this s#!t out...)

Old 02-19-2013, 06:40 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,091 Likes on 1,865 Posts
Welcome,

I really like the Camden side scuttles. One of the most unique touches.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/63137239758/

&

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/63137239757/

JCW Driver - yes the SD card is NLA and no other part number .

Very cool feature.

Let me know if you need anything else.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Most Camden's are loaded, so you it was probably close to $30k. Mine doesn't have the moon roofs and I'm glad I don't, I don't ever feel bad I didn't get it and I track the R56 so I'm happy I don't have that extra bit of weight. Glad you're happy with your "new" Camden!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Whitie
Neutral
A few more pics... gallery fighting me!

Roof, s-s trip below windows & window tint yet to come...

Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Whitie
Neutral
p.s. I didn't bother with "before" pics... I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what a stock Camden S looks like!

Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Whitie
Neutral
Good luck w/that!

Originally Posted by Mpath
I actually drive faster to work with the Camden than my other daily driver, a BMW 5-series. Even though my Bimmer can trounce the Camden in every performance category, it can't touch the Camden's fun to drive factor.
Your 5 series can trounce a Camden in EVERY performance category?!? I dare ANY 5 series boat to corner w/a Cooper S... I suggest you call a tow truck before you start the race, just to speed up your trip out of the culvert, weeds, woods, ditch, cliff, etc...

Old 02-27-2013, 08:02 AM
jasonh90
Neutral
New Camden Edition Owner!

Hello everyone! I just bought a 2010 Mini Cooper S Camden Edition over the past weekend, and just wanted to post and say hello to everyone and start trying to be active in the community! If anyone in the thread is in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, give me a shout and we can try to meet up!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jasonh90
Hello everyone! I just bought a 2010 Mini Cooper S Camden Edition over the past weekend, and just wanted to post and say hello to everyone and start trying to be active in the community! If anyone in the thread is in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, give me a shout and we can try to meet up!
Congrats!

Old 03-13-2013, 05:48 PM
BHat1Trey
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Camden Miniacs!

Hi Everyone! I just bought a 2010 Mini Cooper S Camden over the past weekend on and for my birthday! Just wanted to post a quick hello as I was pretty excited to see there are Camden enthusiasts abroad when I did an interwebz search.

Once I saw the Camden in a lot of new 2012 and 2013 Mini's I had to have it. I hope and aim to be active in the community and if anyone in the thread is in the L.A. or SoCal area ever, give me a shout and we can try to meet up and motor!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Hey. Welcome new owner! I'm in SoCal too. If you ever need anything for your MINI don't hesitate to call LTMW in El Monte for any of your modding needs.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
BHat1Trey
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey. Welcome new owner! I'm in SoCal too. If you ever need anything for your MINI don't hesitate to call LTMW in El Monte for any of your modding needs.
Will do! And, thanks for the welcome.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 PM
elspanko
Neutral
New Camden owner in Austin

Hi All,

I bought a preowned 2010 MCS Camden edition in January after driving my 2003 MCS to 95K. I longed for a Camden when they originally came out and never thought I'd be able to pick one up 3 years later that looks and drives like new. You are probably well-tired of the talking feature but it still amuses me and surprises me with clever remarks. Tonight when I had to make a late run for printer paper for my daughter's school project Coach made a remark about it being late to be out and Climate asked "are we going to a party?" My wife, however, has not forgiven the Camden for chiding her about running the air conditioner with the sunroof open, and now switches the voices off whenever she drives it.

Many pages back someone asked if the total number of Camden edition Coopers was known. I've not spotted another one locally yet so they seem pretty scarce to me.

My daughter named the Cooper "Marty" after the zebra in the Madagascar movies after she saw the black and white interior.

You can see a picture of Marty here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-mcs-77291.jpg

I thought I might have buyers remorse once I saw the Paceman in person but after I did I still prefer the Camden.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BHat1Trey
Hi Everyone! I just bought a 2010 Mini Cooper S Camden over the past weekend on and for my birthday! Just wanted to post a quick hello as I was pretty excited to see there are Camden enthusiasts abroad when I did an interwebz search.

Once I saw the Camden in a lot of new 2012 and 2013 Mini's I had to have it. I hope and aim to be active in the community and if anyone in the thread is in the L.A. or SoCal area ever, give me a shout and we can try to meet up and motor!
Hey happy b-lated birthday, congrats on your big gift. There are a couple here in LA, I know of one in Downey I've seen, it's a non-s. We are in the 90201.

Originally Posted by elspanko
Hi All,

I bought a preowned 2010 MCS Camden edition in January after driving my 2003 MCS to 95K. I longed for a Camden when they originally came out and never thought I'd be able to pick one up 3 years later that looks and drives like new. You are probably well-tired of the talking feature but it still amuses me and surprises me with clever remarks. Tonight when I had to make a late run for printer paper for my daughter's school project Coach made a remark about it being late to be out and Climate asked "are we going to a party?" My wife, however, has not forgiven the Camden for chiding her about running the air conditioner with the sunroof open, and now switches the voices off whenever she drives it.

Many pages back someone asked if the total number of Camden edition Coopers was known. I've not spotted another one locally yet so they seem pretty scarce to me.

My daughter named the Cooper "Marty" after the zebra in the Madagascar movies after she saw the black and white interior.

You can see a picture of Marty here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-mcs-77291.jpg

I thought I might have buyers remorse once I saw the Paceman in person but after I did I still prefer the Camden.
Welcome! Yes some people can't stand the constant reminders to buckle up, but we always have it on, never get tired of it. Also if you leave the door open or ajar and try to drive off it will warn you. We still don't know the production numbers but hopefully someone will disclose that info.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:49 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was an amazing ride...!

Hey guys!

Well, the time as come... My 2010 MCS Camden will go back to the dealership in a few months, as my lease contract is up. Unfortunately, a bad accident (https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...8-post338.html) would have made it unwise to buy back this car.

I will always remember my "Mercy" fondly, as she will have been responsible for getting me started on a great MINI adventure! Nothing can really express how much fun MINI ownership truly is. But I'm sure most of you reading this can relate...

May you all cherish the time you have with this unique MINI!

As for Mercy's replacement, I can happily say that I will continue to motor on in a 2013 MCS Bayswater! (Special Editions seem to be my thing...!)

Best,

Mercy & Lili

Quick Reply: R56 Official Camden Owners Club