R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Camden Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scottmd
I actually like the looks of the silver/(grey?) sport stripes on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrkux8HZYlg&NR=1
Me Too!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually like the looks of the silver/(grey?) sport stripes on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrkux8HZYlg&NR=1
Wow!!! I like those silver stripes too! And what I find interesting, although kinda difficult to appreciate in this video, is that the car has the Camden bonnet graphics + the sport stripes! Huh.

This is just great! I was dead set on a Camden with a black roof, but seeing these silver stripes, which look so good with the white roof, is throwing me for a loop! I was planning to put black sport stripes eventually (If I went with a black roof).

Question for Camden owners: Do you have to specifiy if you want - or do not want - the Camden bonnet graphics? If I can forgoe them, could I order/add them at a later date if I changed my mind? I'm wondering, as if I install black sport stripes, I thought it would be too much to have these + the bonnet graphics...

Argh! I'm probably signing on the dotted line this week. Can you sense I'm a bit stressed? Sure, it's a "good" type of stress though!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
The Camden bonnet graphics are optional. You do need to tell them to leave them off if you don't want them - because I think the default Camden is WITH the graphics.

I wasn't too keen on them... and am so glad didn't get them!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by IamLili
Wow!!! I like those silver stripes too! And what I find interesting, although kinda difficult to appreciate in this video, is that the car has the Camden bonnet graphics + the sport stripes! Huh.

This is just great! I was dead set on a Camden with a black roof, but seeing these silver stripes, which look so good with the white roof, is throwing me for a loop! I was planning to put black sport stripes eventually (If I went with a black roof).

Question for Camden owners: Do you have to specifiy if you want - or do not want - the Camden bonnet graphics? If I can forgoe them, could I order/add them at a later date if I changed my mind? I'm wondering, as if I install black sport stripes, I thought it would be too much to have these + the bonnet graphics...

Argh! I'm probably signing on the dotted line this week. Can you sense I'm a bit stressed? Sure, it's a "good" type of stress though!
The bonnet graphics are part of the Camden package...so I'm not really sure if there is an option to not have them put on...although I've also been lead to believe that they install them at the port not at the factory...so there may be an option of deleting them after all...probably worth asking about.

I would assume that there must be a mechanism for dealers to install these later...since I assume that they would have to do that in their body shop as a part of repairs to Camdens now and then.

For the record I have a sunroof...but went with a white roof...I'm happy with the look. I also had black driving lights added...which really are little about function and mostly about look...(they also have driving light on the MINI in the video...but chrome not black...I think that the black looks better against the grill).

Old 04-27-2010, 01:33 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
By the way, the white silver/black roof looks great with the black sport stripes - you can't go wrong there!

My Camden has the white roof and I'm debating a custom roof graphic - will post pics if I go that route. I also debated the white sport stripes which I think would be a very subtle yet sharp addition to the front and rear.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:36 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by smpeck
By the way, the white silver/black roof looks great with the black sport stripes - you can't go wrong there!

My Camden has the white roof and I'm debating a custom roof graphic - will post pics if I go that route. I also debated the white sport stripes which I think would be a very subtle yet sharp addition to the front and rear.
I've thought about adding the grey union jack sunroof graphic (the one that just covers the sunroof itself and not the white portion of the roof). Thought that it might go well with the Camden side-scuttles.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
I've thought about adding the grey union jack sunroof graphic (the one that just covers the sunroof itself and not the white portion of the roof). Thought that it might go well with the Camden side-scuttles.
I'm considering the Black Jack flag - but having the colors switched around to match the Camden side scuttle flag. My car doesn't have the sunroof, but I think that would look sharp on yours.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:41 PM
latexsalesman
1st Gear
Recent Updates

Just wanted to show other Camden owners my new stripes, with more to come.

I want to be your LatexSalesMan!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 04:03 PM
MidnightMini
3rd Gear
Alright... wtf.

Okay guys.
Anybody have their Mission Control freeze their radio system???

I started up and it shows "Mission Control Active" on the center but no one is talking and as you all know, you can't do jack-squat if that's on the screen. I can turn the radio off/on, change the volume but can't change the station. Anything controled in the central speedo is frozen. Can't use the sport wheel to change it either. Tried it with a cd, same crap.

Now I did restart the car. Nothing.
I tried "resetting/shutting off" the Mission Control. Nothing.
I tried taking the SD card out and doing all that. Nothing.

I'm totally boggled by this.
I'm expecting that only the dealership can fix it but if you guys have experienced this, I'd appreciate the input. It's really annoying the crap out of me. ::snarl::

Old 04-28-2010, 03:47 AM
smpeck
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MidnightMini
Alright... wtf.

Okay guys.

I started up and it shows "Mission Control Active" on the center but no one is talking and as you all know, you can't do jack-squat if that's on the screen. I can turn the radio off/on, change the volume but can't change the station. Anything controled in the central speedo is frozen. Can't use the sport wheel to change it either. Tried it with a cd, same crap.

I'm expecting that only the dealership can fix it but if you guys have experienced this, I'd appreciate the input. It's really annoying the crap out of me. ::snarl::
So... what did you do to really **** Coach off?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MidnightMini
Alright... wtf.

Okay guys.

Sorry to hear that...I have no idea...I would have tried all of the things that you suggested. Sounds like the next step is taking it in...keep us posted...

Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by latexsalesman
Just wanted to show other Camden owners my new stripes, with more to come.

I want to be your LatexSalesMan!!!
Those look nice.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 AM
MidnightMini
3rd Gear
So. Oddly enough. I couldn't get it to fix yesterday....

Went out this morning to turn on the car. Boom. Fixed.

No idea. Oh MINIs... lol.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:23 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
i blacked out some of the chrome bits on the exterior of my '10 camden. will work in the beltline this wk b4 the wheels get here :D

Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
i blacked out some of the chrome bits on the exterior of my '10 camden. will work in the beltline this wk b4 the wheels get here :D
That's a nice look...is it Plasti-Dip?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:47 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
That's a nice look...is it Plasti-Dip?
nope! i used matte black vinyl. oracal 970RA w/ rapid air tech so i dont get bubbles!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:49 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
So what do people think about their Mission Control.

I told my MA that it was something that I really thought that there was a reasonable chance that I would turn off fairly quickly because I would find it annoying.

Truth be told...I'm actually rather amused by it. It's far less obtrusive than I thought...it chatters away for the first minute or so...but then really interrupts pretty infrequently in my mind.

I'm thinking that there could be the opportunity for some amusing aftermarket SD card replacements to change things up over time (I'm sure MINI even has something in the works for that).

Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
So what do people think about their Mission Control.
I actually enjoy Mission Control. I turned it off once for about 3 days and got lonely, so I turned it back on.

For the most part I get a big kick out of the characters. Engine is my favorite.

One thing I noticed lately is that sometimes the voices are really loud, and other times I can barely hear them. Not sure what that's all about.

Lately I've been driving at highway speeds with the windows down, and I'm tired of Mission Control telling me it would be more aerodynamic with the windows up. I took note the first time I heard it - I don't need to hear that every time I have the windows down and am going over 55 MPH. Geez.

I'm going to put the SD card in my computer tonight and see what the files look like. Maybe I can rename the file that keeps telling me to roll my windows up.

I still don't understand the acceleration report when Sport Mode is active, and why it tells me how much fuel is in the tank in liters sometimes, and in gallons other times.

Overall there's some room for improvement. I imagine MINI will be making the option more customizable in the future. Being able to download different voices would be great and keep the whole thing fresh.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:34 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by smpeck
I'm going to put the SD card in my computer tonight and see what the files look like. Maybe I can rename the file that keeps telling me to roll my windows up.
If you plan to hack it...which I think is actually pretty easy...from the little bit I've read I think what you want to do is not change the name of the file...but rather replace the file with one with the same name but has no audio.

The files are grouped together with the same file name followed by sequential numbers for the files that randomly respond for the same event. The names are not entirely intuitive...but once you find the right block you can make sense out of it.

Let us know how it works out.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:51 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
Configuring Mission Control was easier than expected.

My goal was to disable/turn off that irritating message that kept telling me I could increase fuel efficiency by closing the windows to improve aerodynamics.

It's just a matter of editing the MC_2009.cfg file on the Mission Control SD card (located in the secret compartment/glove box). The configuration file contains a listing of the MP3 files that are randomly played for the various Mission Control events. My recommendation would be to make a backup of this file before you start editing it, especially if you are not comfortable doing so.

First I found the "close window" event section in the configuration file. It's actually under Drive Skill as "ds_close_window".

To disable the MP3s for the "close window" event, I commented out all of the MP3 files that were associated with the event by placing a "#" symbol on each line, and then added the "silence.mp3" file to the section, which is already included on the SD card.

Here's what the "ds_close window" section looked like when I was done editing:

<ds_close_window>
silence.mp3
# dscw01.mp3
# dscw02.mp3
# dscw03.mp3
# dscw04.mp3
# dscw05.mp3
# dscw06.mp3
# dscw07.mp3
# dscw08.mp3
# dscw09.mp3
# dscw10.mp3
# cwa01.mp3

This worked like a charm - no more "close window" chatter from Mission Control!

I imagine you could also add your own MP3 files by copying them to the Missions folder and then adding them to the related event in the configuration file.

Fortunately it looks like Mission Control was set up to be configurable - for now it looks like editing the config file is the way to do it. Maybe one day it will be configurable via the navigation system or other controls.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:23 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Very helpful...I'll file this one away for later...

Old 05-01-2010, 03:21 PM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pssst! I'm now officially in da club!

Couldn't be happier!!! *Jumping for joy!*

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3041268

Old 05-01-2010, 05:57 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by IamLili
Couldn't be happier!!! *Jumping for joy!*

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3041268
You're gonna love it! Welcome to the Camden (and MINI) family! Post pics soon!

Old 05-02-2010, 06:09 AM
raleighdog
1st Gear
Not to highjack the thread but...

Does anyone have the alarm system installed on their Camden? I was supposed to have it done in March (car was purchased in January), but the dealer said the software was still being updated (or whatever) so it worked with the Mission Control. Anyone? Anyone?

I paid for it when I got the car, so I'd like it installed!

Thanks, and back to talking about how sweet the Camdens are!

Old 05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
here are my wheels that came in today!!! :D

Quick Reply: R56 Official Camden Owners Club