R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Camden Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 12:49 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mini50joe
How many times have you washed/waxed/dusted yet? I've had mine for about 4 weeks and the answer daily to one degree or another!
I've had my Camden just over 3 months. I've waxed it 4 times and hand washed it at least 12 times. I generally rinse it daily to remove any dust or pollen. Gotta keep it lookin' fresh! Otherwise Mission Control's Coach may get "cross" with me.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
We are official Camden Owners as of May 14, 2010. We took delivery earlier this evening(i know it's technically Saturday, but I'm still on Friday) We just got back from the Dealer and getting some pizza to celebrate. Will post pictures up tomorrow(Saturday) after we wash our baby. We are super excited!!!

V & M

Last edited by VMCMDN; 05-15-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:00 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
ooo where in socal are u from!?

Old 05-15-2010, 01:47 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
ooo where in socal are u from!?

LA 323

Old 05-15-2010, 04:58 AM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
nice i'm in the 626! we should meet up one day!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:32 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Ok, so here are the pics finally after a long day with the Camden...
It's now fully washed and ready to party!!
We went down to Little Tokyo and saw a Classic Mini, it was really cool.
One problem though, we were so excited yesterday and this morning that we didn't notice that the Camden bonnet graphics were missing... even when washing it we totally missed that
now we have to get in touch with our MA and figure that out

Attached Thumbnails Official Camden Owners Club-img_9881_1.jpg   Official Camden Owners Club-img_9882_1.jpg   Official Camden Owners Club-img_9877_1.jpg  
Old 05-16-2010, 09:04 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VMCMDN
Ok, so here are the pics finally after a long day with the Camden...
It's now fully washed and ready to party!!
We went down to Little Tokyo and saw a Classic Mini, it was really cool.
One problem though, we were so excited yesterday and this morning that we didn't notice that the Camden bonnet graphics were missing... even when washing it we totally missed that
now we have to get in touch with our MA and figure that out
Wasn't it all clean when you drove it off the dealer's lot? Looks great!!!

I didn't want the Camden bonnet graphics at first, but I'm glad I have them. They are unique to this special edition, which I like!

What's the black thing you have on your doors? Nice fog lamps btw! Have fun with your new toy!

Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Originally Posted by IamLili
Wasn't it all clean when you drove it off the dealer's lot? Looks great!!!

I didn't want the Camden bonnet graphics at first, but I'm glad I have them. They are unique to this special edition, which I like!

What's the black thing you have on your doors? Nice fog lamps btw! Have fun with your new toy!
Thanks!! Well we told the dealer not to wash it or do anything with it inside or out to avoid getting swirls on the paint. So we did some detailing the next day and next week will be claying, clear bra, window tinting, and some wax to finish. The black things are actually foam that is there to protect the doors from dings, the dealer is supposed to take them off but they kept it according to my instructions. We decided to keep it to protect the doors
Those lights in the grille are the driving lights, we can turn them on when we have the high beams.
Today we are taking our baby to San Pedro!!

Old 05-16-2010, 01:09 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Thanks!! Well we told the dealer not to wash it or do anything with it inside or out to avoid getting swirls on the paint. So we did some detailing the next day and next week will be claying, clear bra, window tinting, and some wax to finish. The black things are actually foam that is there to protect the doors from dings, the dealer is supposed to take them off but they kept it according to my instructions. We decided to keep it to protect the doors
Those lights in the grille are the driving lights, we can turn them on when we have the high beams.
Today we are taking our baby to San Pedro!!
Looks great...I got driving lights installed also...but I went with Black.

It sounds like you gave a lot of thought to telling them how to prepare the car for you for delivery to protect it (good ideas for others). The only thing that you might have done differently (and I'm only saying it for the potential advantage of other's that haven't taken delivery yet) is I would have told them not to drill my front bumper to install the license plate holder.

They left mine off...and I bought a drilless mounting bracket that screws into the tow hook spot on the front bumper off to the side. It seemed a shame to drill holes in the new bumper...and my state is likely to get rid of the front plate requirement soon to save money (as many states are doing in this economy)...so eventually I will likely be able to take it off altogether.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:34 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Originally Posted by scottmd
Looks great...I got driving lights installed also...but I went with Black.

It sounds like you gave a lot of thought to telling them how to prepare the car for you for delivery to protect it (good ideas for others). The only thing that you might have done differently (and I'm only saying it for the potential advantage of other's that haven't taken delivery yet) is I would have told them not to drill my front bumper to install the license plate holder.

They left mine off...and I bought a drilless mounting bracket that screws into the tow hook spot on the front bumper off to the side. It seemed a shame to drill holes in the new bumper...and my state is likely to get rid of the front plate requirement soon to save money (as many states are doing in this economy)...so eventually I will likely be able to take it off altogether.
Yeah we thought about the license plate holder but we decided to keep it in the middle because sometimes when you parallel park some idiot is bound to hit your bumper while getting out or coming in and we figured the license plate would cushion that and save the bumper from getting hit. It happens a lot to my moms Matrix We also didn't like the off-center look of the screw in holder.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:01 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
nice i'm in the 626! we should meet up one day!
hey sorry totally skipped your post but yeah we should meet up and do a photo shoot or something, maybe get more local Camdens together that would be awesome

Old 05-17-2010, 05:37 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
hey sorry totally skipped your post but yeah we should meet up and do a photo shoot or something, maybe get more local Camdens together that would be awesome
that would be awesome.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
For a group of people that own a car that talks to them this is a relatively quiet group

Does anyone know if the 17" Silver Shield wheels that come standard with the Camden MCS are compatible with the JCW brake upgrade?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
They should be, because from what I remember the configurator won't let you choose the big brake upgrade if you have wheels that will interfere with it.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
They should be, because from what I remember the configurator won't let you choose the big brake upgrade if you have wheels that will interfere with it.
I think you're probably right...I wasn't sure because there was a notation that said (note only available with certain wheel combinations).

But...I just went into the configurator and changed the wheels on a Camden to something else...and it would no longer let you select the big brake upgrade.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
I think you're probably right...I wasn't sure because there was a notation that said (note only available with certain wheel combinations).

But...I just went into the configurator and changed the wheels on a Camden to something else...and it would no longer let you select the big brake upgrade.
So you're thinking of getting that?? that's some investment right there for sure, I also thought about it but it's too much money.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
So you're thinking of getting that?? that's some investment right there for sure, I also thought about it but it's too much money.
Oh it's too much money for me at the moment also...just was thinking about what my future options are.

I might have at least considered a JCW Camden had it been available. In the end I was more interested in the features and look of the Camden.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:39 AM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Oh it's too much money for me at the moment also...just was thinking about what my future options are.

I might have at least considered a JCW Camden had it been available. In the end I was more interested in the features and look of the Camden.
I see, yeah we also liked the look of the Camden, especially the paint color, that did it for us. If it weren't for that, we probably would have waited for the 2011 refresh.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:46 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
I see, yeah we also liked the look of the Camden, especially the paint color, that did it for us. If it weren't for that, we probably would have waited for the 2011 refresh.
Yup...me too. I really wasn't pressed that I needed to buy a new car this year.

As an avid iPhone user I'm really interested in the Mini Connect in the refresh as well...but I really liked the Camden package. There are trade-offs in everything...

Old 05-22-2010, 06:33 AM
50camden
1st Gear
I just picked mine up yesterday! It is amazinngg!! Will post pics soon! Gotta go drive this beauty!

Old 05-22-2010, 08:56 AM
I_C_Deadpeople
1st Gear
I have just ordered mine, probably 2 months before I receive it.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:27 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by I_C_Deadpeople
I have just ordered mine, probably 2 months before I receive it.
It'll be worth wait. I've had mine for about 4 weeks now and I'm really happy with it.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:27 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Here's another recent Camden review...watch the video at the bottom of the page...some examples of some amusing Mission Control hacks.

I'm sure it is only a matter of time before you can buy some aftermarket memory cards.

I'd like to see HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...den/index.html

Old 05-29-2010, 01:47 AM
MINIGOOGLE
Neutral
hi everybody
i'm from Indonesia
like your forum very much
just had a cute white Camden 1 week ago

Old 05-29-2010, 10:01 AM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Yeah we thought about the license plate holder but we decided to keep it in the middle because sometimes when you parallel park some idiot is bound to hit your bumper while getting out or coming in and we figured the license plate would cushion that and save the bumper from getting hit. It happens a lot to my moms Matrix We also didn't like the off-center look of the screw in holder.
I can see your reasoning...for anyone else who is interested in what I did...I went with this...I'm really happy with it...

..just couldn't bring myself to drill holes in the front bumper...and I actually like the looks...

http://www.americanminimates.com/misc.html

Quick Reply: R56 Official Camden Owners Club