R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Camden Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:48 PM
MidnightMini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually got a last second wave from a silverywhite Camden up in Salem, NH today.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
CaMdeN0926
Neutral
I just ordered a 2010 Midnight Black Camden S on June 5th and it is scheduled for production during week 25 so I am going crazy just waiting for it! Supposed to be mid to late July before I receive it.

This will be my 2nd Mini because my 2007 MCS recently got totaled from a hail storm! But I think the Camden will be well worth the loss because I was ready for an upgrade and because of the insurance check, I was able put all the options that I wanted on it! I even got the nav system put in because they said I could choose between listening to Mission Control or the Nav system so it was the best of both worlds! Can't wait!

Old 06-11-2010, 05:31 AM
smpeck
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CaMdeN0926
I even got the nav system put in because they said I could choose between listening to Mission Control or the Nav system so it was the best of both worlds!
Interesting, I thought ordering the Nav system on a Camden automatically deleted Mission Control? Or maybe that's what you were saying and I misunderstood.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Dr Strangelove
2nd Gear
For those of you who have the Camden, do you regret not getting the sunroof?

Old 06-11-2010, 05:57 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr Strangelove
I didn't have a choice - the sunroof comes with the Camden package in Canada! Had to throw that in there! But I personnaly love the big panoramic sunroof. Would have gotten it as a seperate option for sure if it was not included in the Camden package. But that's just me!

Old 06-11-2010, 06:58 AM
CaMdeN0926
Neutral
Originally Posted by smpeck
Interesting, I thought ordering the Nav system on a Camden automatically deleted Mission Control? Or maybe that's what you were saying and I misunderstood.
That's what I thought too, but my MA asked the regional manager and he said that it was possible to have both and that I could either turn off Mission Control by taking out the card, or disable the Nav from speaking. I think that they don't say that you can have both because people probably won't want to have to mess with it but my MA said that turning off both of the systems are easy so I decided to do it because I couldn't decide between them.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:17 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
nope i actually like it waaaay better w/o the sunroof. can't go wrong wen it has the anthracite headliner too u kno

Old 06-14-2010, 02:39 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
no regrets here, we just wanted to avoid possible problems down the road with leaks, noise, and repairs... plus it gets too hot in the Summer.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Dr Strangelove
2nd Gear
I just brought home my Camden tonight but it seems that it is missing Mission Control, were there models released without it? Need to call dealer in the morning.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:35 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
I just brought home my Camden tonight but it seems that it is missing Mission Control, were there models released without it? Need to call dealer in the morning.
the dealer might have turned it off or something, did you check the secret stash compartment right above the glove box?? the mission control button is there and should be green when the car is on.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Dr Strangelove
2nd Gear
There is nothing there....no SD card and no light

Old 06-15-2010, 03:48 AM
MidnightMini
3rd Gear
That is just bizarre. I would double check paperwork and bring that in with you.
I'm assuming your side scuttles and door sills and whatnot say Camden right on them?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Dr Strangelove
2nd Gear
Yes I plan to call the dealer this morning about this. Everything else looks ok, the door sills and scuttles and grill all say Camden, the color is correct, etc.

The only other thing I am missing is the Camden Bonnet graphics but that is not uncommon from what I have seen here on these forums. I actually prefer it without them. I'm wondering if this one just came without Mission Control installed by mistake.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:04 PM
OCMike
Neutral
New Camden Owner from Orange County, CA

Hello from Orange County!

I'm a new Camden owner and wanted to share some pics. I attended a Mini car show this weekend and there were 100+ Minis on display. Mine was the only Camden Edition in the show and there were several people who stopped by to admire it and take pictures of it.

As you can see, I added the sport stripe and removed the "Mini 50" badge fro the grill.

Mike

Last edited by OCMike; 06-17-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:31 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OCMike
Hello from Orange County!

I'm a new Camden owner and wanted to share some pics. I attended a Mini car show this weekend and there were 100+ Minis on display. Mine was the only Camden Edition in the show and there were several people who stopped by to admire it and take pictures of it.

As you can see, I added the sport stripe and removed the "Mini 50" badge fro the grill.

Mike
Looks great! The stripes look sweet... Enjoy your new Camden!

Old 06-15-2010, 03:26 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
I ordered mine with the sunroof and love it...

Old 06-15-2010, 03:28 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Yes I plan to call the dealer this morning about this. Everything else looks ok, the door sills and scuttles and grill all say Camden, the color is correct, etc.

The only other thing I am missing is the Camden Bonnet graphics but that is not uncommon from what I have seen here on these forums. I actually prefer it without them. I'm wondering if this one just came without Mission Control installed by mistake.
You have the navigation system?...although according to someone who posted in this thread you "can" order them apparently together...I think the default is for the cars with the navigation system to have the Mission Control deleted.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:55 PM
smpeck
3rd Gear
Not sure if everyone heard, but MINI is reportedly making White Silver a standard color available for all MINIs in 2011. So much for the exclusive Camden color...

Old 06-15-2010, 07:32 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
Originally Posted by smpeck
Not sure if everyone heard, but MINI is reportedly making White Silver a standard color available for all MINIs in 2011. So much for the exclusive Camden color...
I heard
They are also making the Hot Chocolate Mayfair color available, and the Mayfair wheels one of the factory options... from what I read on MotoringFile.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VMCMDN
I heard
They are also making the Hot Chocolate Mayfair color available, and the Mayfair wheels one of the factory options... from what I read on MotoringFile.
Yeah... That's pretty disappointing... Also the black headlamps will be available as an option I think... Bah, as long as they don't make the Camden's Shield wheels and black and white interior available to everyone, I'd at least have that uniqueness.

On a brighter note, I got my first MINI wave, or should I say nod, last night! From an orange MC Convertible! I waved, he nodded!

Old 06-19-2010, 03:53 PM
locomini
2nd Gear
More pictures of my Camden, just installed JCW roof spoiler, carbon fiber diffuser, silver gradient stripes, installed the stock wheels back(infinite stream), and also had most of the chrome blacked out. .

Old 06-19-2010, 05:48 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by locomini
More pictures of my Camden, just installed JCW roof spoiler, carbon fiber diffuser, silver gradient stripes, installed the stock wheels back(infinite stream), and also had most of the chrome blacked out. .
Ok that silver gradient stripe on the hood is fantastic...where did you get that?

Old 06-19-2010, 06:51 PM
locomini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by scottmd
Ok that silver gradient stripe on the hood is fantastic...where did you get that?
I got them from here www.minigraphics.co.uk/mini-viper-stripes/mini-lines-viper-stripes.html

Old 06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Dr Strangelove
2nd Gear
Guys what are you using to clean your interior and especially the seats/leatherette?

Old 06-22-2010, 11:49 AM
RhymeswOrange
Neutral
I've had my Camden now for a week and a half and I'm constantly looking for reasons to drive her.

I'm lovin that silver stripe!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Camden Owners Club