R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 NM Engineering products in 2009 MINI JCW

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:06 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NM Engineering products in 2009 MINI JCW

Over the past few weeks I had a bunch of NM Engineering products installed into the engine bay of my 2009 Factory JCW.

This is what was installed:

Billet Aluminum Tie-Bar aka Strut Tower Brace
Hi-Flow Induction Kit aka Cold Air Intake or CAI
Titanium Turbo Heat Shield
Discharge Pipe aka hot side boost tube
Air Charge Pipe aka cold side boot tube

I also had their SS brake lines and torque arm insert installed. I highly recommend the torque arm bushing. It definitely makes the shifting better and makes you more connected with the car.

NM Engineering was great to work with. Their parts are well designed and well made. All the parts came with very easy to understand directions with color pictures printed on heavy stock paper. All the parts were in stock and they shipped the same day that I placed the orders. They always provided a tracking number.

I am not great at writing reviews so I will say that I like the look of them in the engine bay. The intake sounds great. You can hear the turbo spool up with a nice woosh and then blow off with a not too loud pshh. The car feels stronger and pulls harder.

Next up is a Helix Intercooler that Helix will be installing for me hopefully some time in December. And after that a RMW tune when Jan gets to the NYC area. I will be getting new Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 black matte wheels in the spring and then I am done with mods to my JCW.

Last edited by onefish2; 12-03-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:12 PM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great! I'm thinking about getting the hot and cold pipes from NM.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:41 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Great. i was looking for just this. I'm one click away from getting that torque arm bushing and strut tower brace. How do you like the brace? The blue goes perfect with your Laser blue. I have a LB MCS!

Old 12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
How do you like all of it I am thinking of gettng all of it minus the stb and heat shield

Old 12-21-2009, 09:23 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Porthos
How do you like all of it I am thinking of gettng all of it minus the stb and heat shield
So far, so good. Nice company to work with. They shipped same day. All products were well packed. They came with installation instructions that had pictures and were easy to read. All the parts are very well made. I decided to stay away from the Alta products because of all the bad press they receive here. I can definitely feel a difference with the polyurethane torque arm insert installed. As for the intake and hard pipes. Its hard to say the car seems to pull harder. And you can really hear the turbo spool and blow off. That took some time to get used to.

I think that this is the problem with modding the JCW, its already modified from the factory well above and beyond an S. So hard to say. The engine bay definitely looks better and the NM Engineering blue matches the Laser Blue of my car.

I can sum it up like this. If I were to do it over, I would not change a thing. Lets see how I feel a year from now. Another issue here on NAM is that people mod their car and the next day write a glowing review of that product. Other people read the post and order the part (or participate in a group buy) and they write a great review and then more and more. Then a little while later you see write up or comments on the part having some unexpected problem and then they curse it a year later when it malfunctions of falls apart due to poor design.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:44 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
We keep all the NM parts in stock because they have shown to be great. They have all fit well so far and actually shown improvements. Glad to hear your liking them on your JCW.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 12-22-2009, 03:27 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
WayMotorWorks, i made an order from ya'll about 11 hours ago. Got the NM torque arm insert, strut tower brace, and 2 oil filters. Any idea when its going to be on its way? The name is Jordan Bellamy. Thanks

Old 12-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
WayMotorworks you got any deals on the NMengineering stuff?