R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 how can you tell

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 PM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I can easily spin my inner wheel accelerating from a stoplight on a turn in my non-S with automatic. The stock all season tires are not so good.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
zminicooper
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok so this is what i am getting... (On my 2009 clubman s with DTC)

1. DSC on (nothing engaged) the engine cuts power and uses brakes to prevent wheel slippage.
2. Press DTC button once and DTC illumates on your dash. this means that DSC is less agressive and turns on EDLC (electronic differentail lock)
3. Buy pressing DTC once and then holding it again DTC goes away and the Triangle with the arrow comes on (DSC light) What does this do? Does it keep EDLC on and turn everything off or does it turn everything off?

And What does EDLC actually do. i have read many things on it but i still dont know. Does it "act like a LSD" or does it use the brakes to prevent wheel slippage.

And feel free to correct me if i am wrong

Old 01-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Jim Michaels
5th Gear
In my day we didn't have any of that fancy stuff (LSD, ASC, DSC, DTC, or EDLC). The permanent default setting was CDC (Complete Driver Control). Of course, we had to be pulled out of ditches a lot, but we liked it that way.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:31 PM
rusty3096
Neutral
One way to tell is to jack up the front , put the E brake on , take the car out of gear and turn a front wheel by hand .
If the other wheel turns in the same direction it's LSD if it turns the other direction it's a open diff.