R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Mayfair Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Treehuggingirl
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cocoa Mayfair

I also have the Hot Chocolate Mayfair and I have the anthracite headliner and love it. Now every time I see a MINI with out it, it looks weird to me the color contrast. The toffee leather is beautiful. I was looking for a shift and ebrake boot to match and have been referred to redlinegoods and shiftstyles but the toffee color is going to be hard to match.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:45 PM
GracieMayfair
Neutral
If you can't get the toffee to match, what about a black leather shift and ebrake boot? I think that might work well with the Mayfair interior and be an easier match.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Treehuggingirl
1st Gear
your right but it would be sooo cute don't you think. Either way the ones that are in there are coming out. I don't like the feel of them and I don't think that the look good either and the rest of the interior is so nice it just throws it off with the dull color and bad material I don't even know if they are leather. Just venting.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:19 PM
GracieMayfair
Neutral
I do think it would be very cute... but it must be the right toffee color.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:21 PM
R3R
2nd Gear
Does the MC Mayfair come with a spare tire in addition to those 17" runflats?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:41 PM
AaronMAbe
1st Gear
Mayfair can be ordered in either "S" or "Justa". The latter having the spare, the Turbo version does not. The "S" versions of this vehicle I believe come with all season run flats......

Old 07-16-2010, 07:36 PM
R3R
2nd Gear
Thank to everyone for your advice.

I have received my MC Mayfair yesterday. Coming from a MCS, the drop in engine performance is spectacular. I have yet to recover from this shock and the Mayfair package is a great help in this regard. For starters, chrome is one of the main features of the Mayfair personality and the MC has a lot more chrome on the bonnet than an equivalent MCS. It looks way more classic, but I also have to pull out my sunglasses when I look at the front of this car. I now understand why on all the promotional pictures for the Mayfair it is featured on an MC. Another realization is why these promotional Mayfairs have regular halogen headlights. The xenons on mine make the driving lights redundant and quite useless, if not for looks.

Those lounge leather seats are super comfortable, wow, particularly coming from sport seats on my previous Mini. Is it me or is the leather thicker than on regular leather seats?

The palette of browns, white, black and chrome throughout the car is very well tuned throughout the car. Exterior colors are the same as interior colors, whether the stripes matching the leather and color line or the rear-view mirrors matching the plastic trim on the dash and blending the hot chocolate and toffee together. Then there are those white highlights around the stripes, leather seats and floor mats, all nicely brought out by the white roof. Lastly, all that chrome thrown in everywhere, to break the monotony and step back from the age of plastic into the old days when chrome and metal were fashionable. The driving lights are a nice historical touch. The green stitches a coup-de-grace.

Here are a few amateur pictures:

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  216.3 KB
Name:  MCMayfairback.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  246.8 KB
Name:  MCMayfairdash.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  157.2 KB
Name:  MCMayfairfront.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  214.9 KB
Name:  IMG_3536.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  138.1 KB

Last edited by R3R; 07-17-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: adding pictures
Old 07-17-2010, 09:46 AM
luthientier
2nd Gear
That is pretty sharp looking. I like the interior you have a lot more than I thought I would when I was building for fun on miniusa. Looks nice.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:41 PM
R3R
2nd Gear
Thanks for the comments.

I've changed the Conti runflats for some 215/45-17 non-runflats Hankook Ventus EV 12 (great deal and feedback on Tirerack). The ride is a lot more comfortable and quiet, more so than on 16" with runflats. There is some noticeable tramlining however.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:18 PM
CHOCMINI
1st Gear
I have a 2010 Mayfair (non "S") and it is equipped with run-flat tires and no spare. Not sure if this configuration is unique to Canada, but, to my knowledge, that is the way all Mayfairs arrive here.
Originally Posted by AaronMAbe
Mayfair can be ordered in either "S" or "Justa". The latter having the spare, the Turbo version does not. The "S" versions of this vehicle I believe come with all season run flats......

Old 07-23-2010, 07:12 PM
R3R
2nd Gear
My US spec MC Mayfair comes with a small spare under the car boot. You have to look under the car next to the exhaust housing. The runflats were therefore not only uncomfortable, but also unnecessary.

After one day of driving with the 215/45-17 I have to say that the tramlining is not only noticeable, but also annoying. It makes steering more difficult and it makes the car feel less nimble, with more inertia. Definitely going back to the OEM 205/45-17 for my next set of tires.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Xmas
Neutral
New Mayfair owner here - am in a similar kind of purgatory, waiting for the transport authorities to issue my plates! MC, Hot Chocolate metallic with toffee stripes, same roof colour, white wheels, halogen lamps (so all the lights have a more or less yellow tint rather than the eerie blue xenons). Bought it "new" (50 miles) at an auction for the starting price of a base Mini First - being one of the first (built April 2009, but still a 2010 model year) and RHD, there's a good possibility it was the actual car used at the London 50th anniversary parties! Not too many extras outside the Mayfair package... major ones are only the heated seats and rear fog lights I believe.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:02 PM
GracieMayfair
Neutral
I had a sweet, special Mayfair moment today and feel the need to share it with all my car kindred. Gracie and I were downtown stopped at a crosswalk and a family of three crossed the street in front of us. The two teenage daughters got so excited about my MINI that they kept turning back to look at her and then finally they pulled out their camera phone to snap a pic of Gracie’s bonnet. The dad was so sweet too. He just smiled, waved and gave a big thumbs up which I feel it is only fitting to share with all my fellow Mayfair owners and their MINIs.

I hope your MINI made you smile today too.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Ladyvalea
2nd Gear
I don't own a Mayfair! but I do have the 50th anniversity Mayfair t-shirt !! in Chocolate brown and a big ole badge

Old 08-17-2010, 05:00 AM
rnejs
Neutral
I just got my 2010 Hot Chocolate Mayfair. I would like to know where I can can one of those club badges or decals I see posted?

Old 08-18-2010, 06:43 PM
MOTE
4th Gear
Snickers here...
Checking in from NJ. First mod was Black light covers & Toffee boot stripes & the "MINI" GoPro Hero video camera.

Last edited by MOTE; 08-28-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 PM
GracieMayfair
Neutral
Snickers - Sweet Mayfair! I really love the toffee boot stripes. Was that done at the MINI dealership? And where did you find those spiffy black light covers?

Old 08-20-2010, 04:04 AM
MOTE
4th Gear
Originally Posted by GracieMayfair
Snickers - Sweet Mayfair! I really love the toffee boot stripes. Was that done at the MINI dealership? And where did you find those spiffy black light covers?

I had to order the stripes from the dealer. You have to order the pair for the hood for $100.00 They asked if I wanted them to install but I declined... so I'm not sure what they would charge for installation. Hubby cut & put them on. He said the new boot is more rounded at the top and a little harder to smooth than the older boots. My daughter has always bought after market vinyl and made Daddy put her stripes on. She never conformed to MINI's stripe packaging. He's had lots of vinyl practice as she is on her 3rd MINI. As for the driving light covers I told my Motoring Adviser I would not be signing the final papers with the white ones on it . He swapped them out when I came to pick it up.
You can order them online through or get them at your dealer.
Product#63120432836 Driving Lights Black Cover (Spare Part) $9.00 ea
MINIMANIA sells the black pair for $29.95(can't believe the dealer is cheaper )
P.S. We need some pictures of Gracie posted please

Last edited by MOTE; 08-20-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:52 PM
wolfwoman
Neutral
love those rear stripes. I'm going to wash mine tomorrow and post some pics. Wish they numbered our cars :(

Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 AM
Koff33
Neutral
I purchased my Mayfair on 26 December...as a Christmas and Birthday present combo =) Best present ever!!

Old 09-06-2010, 06:17 AM
MOTE
4th Gear
Snicker's has a twin... She & I Love the color choices you made

Old 09-12-2010, 04:20 PM
fallenangel73
1st Gear
09 MCS is gone and NEW 10 Mayfair !!!!

hello all~~~

we just picked up 10 mayfair on friday.... personally... i really don't like this "hot chocolate" color but everyone else likes it... ( i guess it's just me then...)

this lil' brownie is my wife's... and she loves it... especially the color combination..interior and exterior color.... compare to 09 MCS we had, major differences are leather seat and driving lamps... and of course.. the color..
old one was DS/black top....

count me in on this official mayfair owner's club !

i'll change that signature ...

have a nice weekend... it's almost over tho

Old 09-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Ladyvalea
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fallenangel73
hello all~~~

we just picked up 10 mayfair on friday.... personally... i really don't like this "hot chocolate" color but everyone else likes it... ( i guess it's just me then...)

this lil' brownie is my wife's... and she loves it... especially the color combination..interior and exterior color.... compare to 09 MCS we had, major differences are leather seat and driving lamps... and of course.. the color..
old one was DS/black top....

count me in on this official mayfair owner's club !

i'll change that signature ...

have a nice weekend... it's almost over tho

OMG!!!! you've got to get her the 50th Mayfair Mini Cooper T-shirt.!!!! its so cool!! chocolate brown with a necklace !!! only its shipped from Germany!! I have this t-shirt and love it!!
http://shop.bmwgroup.com/is-bin/INTE...tart?shop=MINI Just click collections/ Mini 50years

Old 09-13-2010, 01:58 PM
fallenangel73
1st Gear
thanks for the input... i just follow the link you provided... they don't have her size.... however she likes that sneakers ! thank u !

Old 09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
MOTE
4th Gear
Oh Thank You so much for posting that Ladyvalea... I just ordered mine
I'm so tired of not beng able to get what's offered in Europe... You made my day!

Quick Reply: R56 Official Mayfair Owners Club