R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Camden or not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:39 AM
rexracerx9
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camden or not?

I thought I had my ideal car configured until I saw the new Camden in a dealer showroom. Now I can't decide! I am trying to decide between a loaded Chili Red with Black roof and mirrors and a Camden. The Camden style is super cool but I can order a few more options like NAV and leather with the Chili Red car. With Chili Red I would order the Convenience Pkg, Cold Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, NAV, and Punch Carbon leather for the lumbar support.

I would order Silver White with black on a Camden. I love the stripes on the mirrors and interior trim. My only issue might be seats? I am worried about the white seat bolsters becoming too difficult to keep clean. The car in the showroom did not seem to hold up well from people test sitting in it. Do the seats have lumbar support in the Camden and is the white leather? Anyone with the Camden interior want to chime in?

I also have to think about which options I am willing to live without if I decided on the Camden. I can't order all the options I would for the Red car, I want to stay within my budget. I guess my trade off is options and the cool Camden trim.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rexracerx9
I thought I had my ideal car configured until I saw the new Camden in a dealer showroom. Now I can't decide! I am trying to decide between a loaded Chili Red with Black roof and mirrors and a Camden. The Camden style is super cool but I can order a few more options like NAV and leather with the Chili Red car. With Chili Red I would order the Convenience Pkg, Cold Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, NAV, and Punch Carbon leather for the lumbar support.

I would order Silver White with black on a Camden. I love the stripes on the mirrors and interior trim. My only issue might be seats? I am worried about the white seat bolsters becoming too difficult to keep clean. The car in the showroom did not seem to hold up well from people test sitting in it. Do the seats have lumbar support in the Camden and is the white leather? Anyone with the Camden interior want to chime in?

I also have to think about which options I am willing to live without if I decided on the Camden. I can't order all the options I would for the Red car, I want to stay within my budget. I guess my trade off is options and the cool Camden trim.
Funny enough, I'm sorta in the same dilemma as you! (Look at my sig!)

However, when I build a Chili Red Cooper S with most of the options found in the Camden package, the total price is higher by more than $2,000.

On the Camden, I only add the auto transmission, and on the Chili Red I add the Style Package, Convenience Package, Comfort Package, Harmon/Kardon sound system and auto transmission.

But if you're in the States or elsewhere, maybe we can't compare our situation due to different price/configuration lists...

Old 03-13-2010, 07:20 PM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the Camden. I drooled all over the one they had in the showroom at MINI of Nashville all three times I was there this week. That white silver just really does it for me. (I have a CR/B MCS, btw. If that tells you where I stand.)

Old 03-13-2010, 08:16 PM
rexracerx9
1st Gear
Originally Posted by IamLili
Funny enough, I'm sorta in the same dilemma as you! (Look at my sig!)

However, when I build a Chili Red Cooper S with most of the options found in the Camden package, the total price is higher by more than $2,000.

On the Camden, I only add the auto transmission, and on the Chili Red I add the Style Package, Convenience Package, Comfort Package, Harmon/Kardon sound system and auto transmission.

But if you're in the States or elsewhere, maybe we can't compare our situation due to different price/configuration lists...
I don't know if the US and Canadian option packages are the same or different? $2000 more for a like option Camden sounds about right.

The loaded Chili Red car I built has Punched leather seats, convenience pkg, cold pkg, premium pkg, sport pkg, 6-speed auto, arm rest, rear fog, NAV and a MSRP of $32,850.

I built a Camden with Cold Pkg, Rear fog lamp, Rain sensor and auto head lamps, 6-speed auto, Sunroof, Arm rest, NAV, Comfort Access, Auto A/C for $34,350.

I originally budgeted no more then $32K for a car but decided to add the NAV to the Red car which put me at $32,850. I figured I could live with being $850 over my budget until I saw the Camden. The Camden is about $1500 over the Chili Red car I built.

I need to call the Mini dealer Mon to see if the Camden seats have lumbar adjustments like the Punched Leather seats do. I have to have the adjustable lumbar support. I also want to know if the white portion of the seats is leather? I might drop the sunroof or NAV if I decide on the Camden? It would be nice to have the sunroof. I also am tempted to delete it do to problems, plus I can save $1000. Deleting the NAV is another option?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:24 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
We ordered the Camden and love it. It has
Nav
Black leather seats w/lumbar
sunroof
automatic a/c
cold weather package
webspoke wheels
rear fog lamps
Automatic Trans
plus everything in Camden package

It is one sweet car and my wife loves it. I think it came out to about 35000 with everything.
It does not have Mission Control because they delete that if you get the Nav.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:17 AM
raleighdog
1st Gear
I have a Camden and love it. My only worry was the interior color scheme, but I like it much more than if I'd gotten something else. The white / off white matches the speedo face and brushed aluminum look very well. It keeps the anthracite headliner from being too overpowering in my opinion.

Seat cleaning hasn't been an issue since I've only had it for about two months. However, they make plenty of products to keep leather clean, so no worries. Oh, and the Camden seats come with lumbar support.

It's a big purchase, so get what makes you happy. Once you have a new one, you'll forget about whatever else you were looking at anyway!

Enclosed is the spec for my Camden, and with the promo they're running, I got $1,750 off the listed price and got a few things thrown in to boot (pardon the pun). Spec sheets said it had the shield wheels, but it came with the infinite streams which I like much more.

Enjoy whatever you choose!

Attached Thumbnails Camden or not?-cam.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 07:17 AM
rexracerx9
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dogdal24
We ordered the Camden and love it. It has
Nav
Black leather seats w/lumbar
sunroof
automatic a/c
cold weather package
webspoke wheels
rear fog lamps
Automatic Trans
plus everything in Camden package

It is one sweet car and my wife loves it. I think it came out to about 35000 with everything.
It does not have Mission Control because they delete that if you get the Nav.
I tried to add black punched leather seats to my car on the Mini build site and it would not let me, yet the Camden spec sheet has a note that says you can add black punch leather for $500? I need to have the lumbar adjustment. I am also a little concerned about the white trim on the seats getting dirty and being difficult to keep clean. The demo Camden at the dealer already had some dirt and bluish tint on the white leather part of the seat. I assume the blue tint is from customers wearing blue jeans and sitting in the car?

How do you like the NAV? I have not seen or heard Mission Control so I do not know if I would miss it if I order NAV.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:11 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know if the US and Canadian option packages are the same or different? $2000 more for a like option Camden sounds about right.

The loaded Chili Red car I built has Punched leather seats, convenience pkg, cold pkg, premium pkg, sport pkg, 6-speed auto, arm rest, rear fog, NAV and a MSRP of $32,850.

I built a Camden with Cold Pkg, Rear fog lamp, Rain sensor and auto head lamps, 6-speed auto, Sunroof, Arm rest, NAV, Comfort Access, Auto A/C for $34,350.

I originally budgeted no more then $32K for a car but decided to add the NAV to the Red car which put me at $32,850. I figured I could live with being $850 over my budget until I saw the Camden. The Camden is about $1500 over the Chili Red car I built.

I need to call the Mini dealer Mon to see if the Camden seats have lumbar adjustments like the Punched Leather seats do. I have to have the adjustable lumbar support. I also want to know if the white portion of the seats is leather? I might drop the sunroof or NAV if I decide on the Camden? It would be nice to have the sunroof. I also am tempted to delete it do to problems, plus I can save $1000. Deleting the NAV is another option?
No, I meant that the Cooper S comes to about $2,000 more - not the Camden. Maybe it has to do with the base price of each models. Also, I know that the Camden package in Canada includes the sunroof, so adding it to the S as part of the Comfort package may push its price up even more so... Be thankful you're in the states, the 2 prices I got from the www.mini.ca website are $39,780 for the CR Mini Cooper S and $37,380 for the Camden, with the options mentioned in my previous post.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 AM
dogdal24
5th Gear
I tried to add black punched leather seats to my car on the Mini build site and it would not let me, yet the Camden spec sheet has a note that says you can add black punch leather for $500? I need to have the lumbar adjustment. I am also a little concerned about the white trim on the seats getting dirty and being difficult to keep clean. The demo Camden at the dealer already had some dirt and bluish tint on the white leather part of the seat. I assume the blue tint is from customers wearing blue jeans and sitting in the car?

How do you like the NAV? I have not seen or heard Mission Control so I do not know if I would miss it if I order NAV.
When your building your Camden I think on the second page you can click on the Camden icon and it will bring up a box with more options. You can choose different wheels/tires or add the leather i think for 500.
We love the Nav and after using it I will never order another MINI without it!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:54 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its toiugh choice but either one will be great