R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 What in the world is this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 PM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by trwxxa
Ron Jeremy! The "Hedgehog?!!"

Er... Um...

I mean... Who's Ron Jeremy?
Since the demise of the legendary John Holmes in March 1988, the short, mustachioed, heavyset Ron Jeremy has assumed the mantle as the number one U.S. male star of adult cinema. However, don't confuse Ron with the similar looking mustachioed 1970/'80s adult film star, Harry Reems, who has long since retired from the adult film industry. Portly Ron is not blessed with film star looks and a chiseled six-pack (a decidedly unchiseled 12- or 18-pack would be more like it) - his appeal and talents lie in other areas (which happen to be in his long 'member' measuring nearly 10 inches, erect!) and his "regular guy" appearance and amazing endurance in front of the camera have undoubtedly contributed to his phenomenal success in an industry notorious for dumping those men who can't perform on cue.

He's also one of the very few adult film stars to make the jump into mainstream cinema, with minor appearances in movies such as Reindeer Games (2000), Detroit Rock City (1999) and The Boondock Saints (1999). He was born Ron Jeremy Hyatt on March 12, 1953, in New York City and graduated from Cardozo High School (Queens, NY) in 1971, attained a masters degree from Queens College and then commenced special educational teaching in the New York City area. In 1978, a girlfriend sent his photo off to "Playgirl" magazine for appearance in its "Boy Next Door" pages. It was an understatement to say that Ron was deluged with female fan mail, and letters of interest from adult filmmakers!

Beginning in 1979, he has appeared in well over 800 adult feature films including Inside Seka (1981), Debbie Does Dallas Part II (1981), Terms of Endowment (1986) Lust of Blackula (1987) (V), 21 Hump Street (1988) and Natural Born Thrillers (1994/I) (V). At 50+ years of age, the charismatic and often comedic Ron Jeremy is still appearing in front of the camera in adult films and he's definitely attained iconic status in the adult entertainment industry and beyond.

Well, you asked!

Old 03-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Rev12
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a cage!

It's a cage for the deadly Mexican Staring Frog of Sri Lanka! Whatever you do, don't look inside!

Old 03-29-2010, 12:59 PM
ellinara
4th Gear
If you hear a ticking noise run!!! :p

Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 PM
dreyno
Neutral
More information requested

On the serious side: Am the new owner of a MINI bought in a state which doesn't require a front plate. Relocated to a state which does require a front plate.

Is there a mechanic or knowledgable person who can tell me how to install this thing and stay on the proper side of the law?

The plate has 6 screws:
2 TORX with integral washer--looks self tapping
4 Phillips Head.

I assume I located the center of the front bumper and put each TORX screw into a symmetrical hole--meaning opposed symmetrically. Then just screw each in.

Here is the real questions: There are two sets of holes, recessed, for the TORX Screws. Two high, yet more narrowly separated, and two near midline, and more widely separated. Which is required or preferred?

Also, how tight should I tighten them? I do not know what is the backing material. Styrofoam? Metal?

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

BTW, you may wonder why the detail on what seems to be such a mundane task. I don't want to puncture the bumper/paint needlessly or improperly.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:26 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only way to attach that type of License Plate Frame would be to drill holes in your bumper, since you don't want to do that, there is another alternative, it's called a Platypus License Plate Mounting Kit, do a Google Search and you see what I'm talking about.
Good Luck!!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:45 AM
dreyno
Neutral
So, I decided to go with the "drill holes in the bumper solution." I called the dealer and left a voice mail essentially asking the same questions.

Then I decided to get ahead of the job. I went out to clean the installation site. Ironicly, I found I had struck four bugs in a symmetrical (rhombus?) pattern.

No. Wait. Could those be drilling marks? (Is it really possible I hit 4 bugs flying in a perfect tactical spread formation?) OR, is it possible that MINI marked the bumper and provided 4 Phillips screws for the mounting and two TORX for the license plate?

I believe so

So, I am weighing how big a pilot hole to pre-drill. Then I will get to it.

Dave

Old 07-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dreyno
So, I decided to go with the "drill holes in the bumper solution." I called the dealer and left a voice mail essentially asking the same questions.

Then I decided to get ahead of the job. I went out to clean the installation site. Ironicly, I found I had struck four bugs in a symmetrical (rhombus?) pattern.

No. Wait. Could those be drilling marks? (Is it really possible I hit 4 bugs flying in a perfect tactical spread formation?) OR, is it possible that MINI marked the bumper and provided 4 Phillips screws for the mounting and two TORX for the license plate?

I believe so

So, I am weighing how big a pilot hole to pre-drill. Then I will get to it.

Dave
Drilling a hole in your mini.. that is mini abuse. You people make me sick

lol but on a seriouse not, dont drill a hole, youll highly regret it

Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 AM
dreyno
Neutral
Sorry. Done. I liked the Platypus solution. Didn't mind the cost. Couldn't stand the off-centerline license plate. OCD.

DR