R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 It's official! After 3 months of consideration...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:17 PM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's official! After 3 months of consideration...

... I took the plunge!

Isn't May 1st, 2010 a beautiful date to acquire a Mini?

I sure thought so when I signed on the dotted line earlier this afternoon!

After some pondering over getting a Mini Cooper S (for about 3 months + 90 posts on NAM later), while thinking I'd be getting a different car (Volvo C30 T5) for the past year, here I am! I was somewhat surprised to be ready to forgo my previous contender so quickly, but then again, when something feels right, the decision is easy!

Dealer is offsetting the last 2 months of my current lease (VW Rabbit), threw in a few freebies, and gave me a very competitive price (I think/hope)! And he offered 3 cars on order to another dealer in another city, to get a Mini Cooper S Camden for me! That's pretty great right? Should get it sometime next week! Never dreamed I could be motoring in a Mini before the summer! Ha!

Much thanks to everyone who guided me along this acquisition process. Looking forward to the many thrilling rides my Camden will bring me, and to further exchanges with the NAMily!

Cheers!

Old 05-01-2010, 03:26 PM
silhouette88
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, sounds like you got a really great deal. Congrats! Is that the pic of your car in your sig or just a stand-in? In any case, the Camden's are pretty sweet looking. I predict you're going to have a very fun summer!

Last edited by silhouette88; 05-01-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Tmini08
5th Gear
Congrats on the Camden, my you have many fun days motoring in your mini. Keep sharing your thoughts with us.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:03 PM
scottmd
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by IamLili
... I took the plunge!

After some pondering over getting a Mini Cooper S (for about 3 months + 90 posts on NAM later), while thinking I'd be getting a different car (Volvo C30 T5) for the past year, here I am! I was somewhat surprised to be ready to forgo my previous contender so quickly, but then again, when something feels right, the decision is easy!

Dealer is offsetting the last 2 months of my current lease (VW Rabbit), threw in a few freebies, and gave me a very competitive price (I think/hope)! And he offered 3 cars on order to another dealer in another city, to get a Mini Cooper S Camden for me! That's pretty great right? Should get it sometime next week! Never dreamed I could be motoring in a Mini before the summer! Ha!

Much thanks to everyone who guided me along this acquisition process. Looking forward to the many thrilling rides my Camden will bring me, and to further exchanges with the NAMily!

Cheers!
I read some of those 90 posts...so what choices/options did you end up going with?

Old 05-01-2010, 08:38 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Hey--congratulations! You sound just like me a couple years ago. I did a lot of hand-wringing, configurating, posting, reading, and on-the-spot interviewing whenever I saw a MINI driver I could talk to. Between the 'light-bulb' stage and ordering was about 2.5 months. Every road trip was a quest to see a MINI (it still is, but now it's a lot more fun!).

Anyway, who cares what I did?? Congratulations to you! Very cool. You have a lot shorter wait than I did--you get it next week??!! Right on!

Have a blast and keep us posted on your particulars and adventures!

Old 05-01-2010, 10:34 PM
nickminir56
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is your day! Let's motor and enjoy the smiles( miles) ahead.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:42 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Well at long last, glad to see you went MINI and know you are going to enjoy your new car, MOTOR ON!

Old 05-01-2010, 11:44 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
Beautiful! If they had had the Camden when I got mine, I def would have gone with it! You're going to love it!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:56 AM
christo4ferris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by IamLili
... I took the plunge!

I thought so, too Congrats! Be sure to post pics when you take delivery.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:56 AM
isthar
5th Gear
Congrats -- love the Camden!

Old 05-02-2010, 05:29 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
congrats

Old 05-02-2010, 01:15 PM
VMCMDN
4th Gear
cool!! more pics, more pics!!

Old 05-03-2010, 06:47 AM
IamLili
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by silhouette88
Wow, sounds like you got a really great deal. Congrats! Is that the pic of your car in your sig or just a stand-in? In any case, the Camden's are pretty sweet looking. I predict you're going to have a very fun summer!
No, the car in my sig is not MY car, but I suspect mine will look just like this one - minus the European plate.

Originally Posted by scottmd
I read some of those 90 posts...so what choices/options did you end up going with?
Thanks for reading my random thoughts and dilemmas! NAM had a huge part in making me a Mini aficionado! I only added an automatic transmission to the Camden Package. In Canada, the package includes: 17" Silver Shield Light Alloy Wheels; Harmon Kardon Hi-Fi Sound System; Glass Sunroof; Heated Black-and-White Cloth-and-Leather Sport Seats; Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror; Rain-Sensing Wipers with Auto Headlamps; Media Connect (Bluetooth Connectivity and USB Port); “Mission Control” Voice-Message Vehicle Information; Bi-Xenon Headlamps with Black Reflectors; White Indicator Lights; White Steering Wheel Stitching; Silver Interior Trim; Velour Floor Mats with White Leather Piping; Camden Bonnet Graphics; MINI 50 Camden Door Sill Finisher; and Silver Lining Mirror Caps.

This is pretty much all I needed - in my first Mini anyway!

Originally Posted by tedswoods
Hey--congratulations! You sound just like me a couple years ago. I did a lot of hand-wringing, configurating, posting, reading, and on-the-spot interviewing whenever I saw a MINI driver I could talk to. Between the 'light-bulb' stage and ordering was about 2.5 months. Every road trip was a quest to see a MINI (it still is, but now it's a lot more fun!).

Anyway, who cares what I did?? Congratulations to you! Very cool. You have a lot shorter wait than I did--you get it next week??!! Right on!

Have a blast and keep us posted on your particulars and adventures!
Well you know what? I'm glad that I'm not the only one with meticulous ways! Should get it this week yes. I'm simply ecstatic!

Originally Posted by BensMini
Well at long last, glad to see you went MINI and know you are going to enjoy your new car, MOTOR ON!
Ha! Yes, at long last... But you think it was long process? Tell that to the gang on the Volvo C30 forum I was a part of for over 1 year...

Originally Posted by christo4ferris
I thought so, too Congrats! Be sure to post pics when you take delivery.
You signed on the dotted line on May 1st as well??!! Will do!!!

Originally Posted by VMCMDN
cool!! more pics, more pics!!
I'll beat you to it huh?!

Last edited by IamLili; 05-03-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Typo.