R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 RTE and PUMA cases

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:10 AM
bavarian3
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RTE and PUMA cases

General question to see if anyone has any more information on how PUMA cases work with the RTE (Regional Technical Engineer)

A case was submitted by my dealer due to a faulty friction wheel; now the sound is back and they are saying it is because I over-revved/sustain high rpm load. I asked for a meeting with the RTE (which isn't a front facing person), was granted once; then the meeting was cancelled. Requested again and denied.

They are saying that the RTE remotely saw my RPM loads and this is cause of my friction wheel to go bad for the fourth time. However they (the dealership) is not stating how to fix the problem. Another concern I have is that from my friends at a BMW dealership, the techs do not have access to view RPM loads and when they submit a PUMA case, even then they do not submit any data acquisition.

See before they submitted a PUMA case; I had a mechanic come out with me for a test drive to show the problem. The problem occurs when the engine is hot, so I drove it above 5k rpm; and if they are saying that is when the RPM load happened; then this makes no sense.

So here are my questions:

Does the RTE have remote access from anywhere to download my cars data (other than how many miles are on it, and if my key is in the ignition).

Does the RTE and my car have to be at one place in order for him/her to view such data?

When a PUMA case is submitted, since tech's do not have access to view my data, the only thing that is submitted is problem and authorization to fix the problem correct?

Has anyone ever been to the dealership to request to view such data that was submitted in a PUMA case? I've been told it's property of the dealer but I have a right to ask since it's my car.