R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Ice Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:57 PM
BlackIce
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniGirl99
What's up Ice Blue crew? I've been checking out your thread for the last few weeks and didn't feel right posting until I had made it official. So, I am SUPER happy to announce that I purchased my 2012 Ice Blue Mini Cooper S Hardtop this past Friday!! Now begins the test of my patience as I wait for it to be delivered (How does anyone survive that long 6-8 week wait? Ack.) Anyway thank you for the pics that you've all posted, they were helpful as there don't seem to be that many good pics out there on the web of the Ice Blue minis. Just wanted to introduce myself!
Welcome! Is there a MiniGuy86 in your life? (Hint: Get Smart)

You won't like the wait , but you will love your IB when it arrives .

WithFlyingColors: Nice Clubbie!

I haven't seen any IB Clubbies on the road around here yet, only 2 IB MC (both on the 5fwy) and 1 MCS (in Santa Clarita) so far...

Last edited by BlackIce; 04-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:15 PM
IceBluesCat
1st Gear
Originally Posted by withflyingcolors
Congrats!! Here's a pic of my justa Clubbie on a cloudy day. I love the color. I was looking for something non-metallic and slightly uncommon. I just hit 3,000 miles last week!
Woohoo looking good on the Ice Blue and Black!

Mine is with the Silver roof, because I needed either Ice Blue allover or Silver because the summer months can get to 120+ degrees here in the socal high desert. As my clubbie is "IceBluesCat," am thinking instead of stripes, two sets of cat paw "tracks" the same width as racing stripes walking across the hood, across the roof and down the club doors in back. In a darker silver than the roof color (like a russian blue color silver). Anyone know where I can get high quality vinyl stickers for car bodies?

I'm waiting on my custom license plate "ICE BLUZ" and I just ordered "eyeshades" for his windshield.

Does anyone know the years on Ice Blue color? Is it just going to be offered for 2011-2012?

Old 04-18-2012, 06:36 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by withflyingcolors
Congrats!! Here's a pic of my justa Clubbie on a cloudy day. I love the color. I was looking for something non-metallic and slightly uncommon. I just hit 3,000 miles last week!
Looks so good! I think it's astounding how deeper blue this color gets on a cloudy day.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniGirl99
What's up Ice Blue crew? I've been checking out your thread for the last few weeks and didn't feel right posting until I had made it official. So, I am SUPER happy to announce that I purchased my 2012 Ice Blue Mini Cooper S Hardtop this past Friday!! Now begins the test of my patience as I wait for it to be delivered (How does anyone survive that long 6-8 week wait? Ack.) Anyway thank you for the pics that you've all posted, they were helpful as there don't seem to be that many good pics out there on the web of the Ice Blue minis. Just wanted to introduce myself!
Ice Blue photos have been hard to come by, we're finally getting a nice set here, with some variety! Congrats on your purchase, waiting is a tough one for sure.

One thing that helped me: I kept trolling AutoTrader till I found a MINI close to what I ordered. Then: I grabbed the photos so I could ponder. My local dealer didn't have what I'd ordered, but a dealer in OH had a close one (polar beige interior, white roof + chromeline, etc.). That car sold FAST, glad I downloaded a photo set! We nicknamed it "Almost Nigel" and looked at it a lot while we were waiting for "Nigel Blue" to get here.

Anyway.

I've had mine 3 weeks, 1900 miles so far...it's just amazing in everyway. It's FAST, and my easy freeway commute is netting 35-38 mpg.

Tell us about your build if you get a chance, and let us know as you get updates?

Congrats again!

Last edited by ljmattox; 04-19-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling...sheesh
Old 04-19-2012, 06:31 AM
withflyingcolors
2nd Gear
Thanks all! It is such a fun color.
I didn't have much room in the budget for mods so kept the blue and black and it has grown on me for sure.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:59 PM
BlackIce
4th Gear
Somebody has got to do the "Gulf Oil" thing to their IB/IB. It will look so hot!

Matching Orange mirror caps would be sweet too.

I'm considering this same strip with a White edge for my IB/B to let the stripe stand out on the Black roof, but window tint and checkered windshield pillars are first...

Old 05-18-2012, 06:52 PM
IceBluesCat
1st Gear
Here's my Ice Blue and Silver clubbie with EyeShades and vanity plate ....

Name:  IceBluz3.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  69.2 KB

And last weekend at our "***** Of All Twisties" (MOAT) run -- So Cal MINI Maniacs!

Name:  IceBluesCat2.jpg
Views: 1660
Size:  173.2 KB

Old 05-18-2012, 07:51 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Great looking Clubman!

Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Cactus Kid
1st Gear
I'm ordering a Mini hardtop later this year and am still undecided on color, but IB is really growing on me! Also considering Chili Red, Spice Orange & Lightning Blue...

Do you guys think a black roof really makes the interior of the car hotter? It is hot here in Arizona, but I like the look of the black roof & stripes.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:56 PM
iceblue11
Neutral
My ice blue s

Bought it new august 2011 and already has 26000+ miles

Attached Thumbnails The Official Ice Blue Owners Club-ice-blue-2.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by iceblue11
Bought it new august 2011 and already has 26000+ miles
Very nice!

It amazes me how different these cars can look...and how no two are alike!

Yours: black headlights / no external chrome, yet white stripes and white roof like mine. Looks so different!

How's the ownership experience been for you? I'll likely have a comparable # of miles about this time next year (also book 2K+ per month, usually).

Old 06-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
As I was leaving lunch today, a woman was entering the parking lot in an Ice Blue Clubbie S. We smiled and waved.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 PM
iceblue11
Neutral
MY MCS has been good so far except the clear in the hood is starting to break and feels rough, one check engine light for clogged injector and has been in the service center for a couple of weeks now because of the paint, and also I advise every MINI owner to inspect every corner of your MINI because mine was severly scratched in the rear bumper at the service center and after a long negotiation its going to being fixed by them

Last edited by iceblue11; 06-03-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:47 PM
MissAlison
Neutral
New member here! I've made the decision to order my Ice Blue hardtop but am going back and forth... and back and forth... about roof, mirrors, and stripes. First I was thinking black roof, chrome mirror caps, no stripes, but I've been hunting for pictures of something like that and the fact that no one seems to have the chrome caps makes me wonder if they don't look so great in person. Any thoughts?

I don't like the look of black bonnet stripes, so the other option I'm toying with is white roof, mirror, and stripes.

And then the devil on my shoulder tells me to recreate my first, dearly departed Mini, which was racing green with a white roof. I think this might actually kill me. Help?

Alison

Old 08-22-2012, 08:00 PM
BlackIce
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MissAlison
I don't like the look of black bonnet stripes, so the other option I'm toying with is white roof, mirror, and stripes.
IB/W with W mirror caps looks great. They had one like that when I bought my IB/B with Black mirror caps.

I'd go bold if custom ordering and do Ice Blue body / Ice Blue roof with Orange mirror caps and one ~10" Orange with Black or White edge stripe from head to toe like the Porsche pictured earlier in this thread.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:03 PM
MissAlison
Neutral
You're just trying to make me your guinea pig!

Have you seen the chrome mirror caps?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:17 PM
BlackIce
4th Gear
Believe me, it's a lot easier after you already have one to know what you should have ordered color wise and option wise...

I'm going Orange mirror caps as soon as I sell my Black ones. Because I already have a Black roof, I'm considering a ~10" Orange center stripe with a White pinstriped edge so it stands out on the Black roof. I will probably end up being the furry little guy you refer to.

If you don't like the Black stripes or roof, then you only have two choices White roof or body color roof. I thought there was a photo in this thread of a IB/IB sitting in a dealership showroom. I will look and post it if I find it. YUP, POST #14 IS IB/IB WITH IB CAPS & POST #136 IS IB/CHECKERED ROOF WITH CHROME CAPS.

The problem is all three color combo's look great. Chrome mirror caps aren't my thing, but if they float your boat, sail with them!

Last edited by BlackIce; 08-22-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:33 PM
BlackIce
4th Gear
As a side note, this Ford GT40 “Le Mans” Gulf/Mirage race car just set an auction record at $11 million.

http://www.artdaily.com/index.asp?in...&int_new=57193

Beautiful!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MissAlison
Have you seen the chrome mirror caps?
Hello, lotsa photos of my Ice Blue / White MCS in my gallery...I do have the chrome mirror caps (and the rest of the Chromeline exterior too).

Good luck!

Old 08-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Mirror caps are very easy to replace and not absurdly expensive. So you can change your mind relatively easily about them.

Stripes are very easy to add and pretty easy to remove, as long as they haven't been on the car for a long time (so the paint around them has faded). Also not very expensive.

I bet that just about any car vinyl shop can wrap the roof in black or white. I doubt most of them will be able to match Ice Blue very well. If I had it to do over, I would get the roof and mirrors in body color. That way I could change over to white or black roof for a few hundred bucks if I felt the need to do so....

Just a thought. :-)

Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 PM
haygirlhay
Neutral
I've had my ice blue MINI for about 2 months now and absolutely love it. From the time I decided I was getting a MINI I knew I'd go with IcB and get so many compliments on it.

Last edited by haygirlhay; 08-27-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 AM
BlackIce
4th Gear
Black Ice got some color this week!

Should go well with these super light weight R81 Hollies on weekend H-Stock AutoX track days.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:17 PM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a quick note to say hi and ask permission to join the Ice Blue club five days prior to taking delivery of my minimally pre-owned 2012 MCS!

Thanks for sharing photos of all of your very special colored Minis; I can't wait to do the same!

More next week...

Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 PM
pepperstripes
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackIce
Black Ice got some color this week!

Should go well with these super light weight R81 Hollies on weekend H-Stock AutoX track days.

I like! Where did you get the scuttles?

Old 10-14-2012, 09:06 PM
BlackIce
4th Gear
Those scuttles are a factory Mini item, as are the mirror cap$. Picked them up on eBay from the New Jersey dealer that sells there, Prestige Mini of Mahwah, NJ. Great eBayer with good prices and fast shipping.

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Ice Blue Owners Club