R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Par for course.... why would anything be different.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:16 AM
tccox
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats the weird thing about all this. I bought My MINI from this dealer based on the outstanding recommandations I heard from folks who had dealt with them, co-workers who whould have no reason to mislead me. I cant say so far. my Minis been trouble free and has'nt been back since the day I picked her up. Oh well, if I do have problems with them Flow's not that far away

Old 03-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Maugre
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best of luck Mark, of course keep us informed of the eventual outcome. Good luck.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 AM
adude007
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by orangecrush
...cussed the woman behind the counter out because the stupid pumps shut off at 75.00... REALLY???? WTF am I suppose to do, only get half a tank??? It's a DAMN DEBIT CARD... why would you shut the pump off at 75.00 bucks.

Mark

Classic. Them saving a few bucks on the processing fee would grind my gears too!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
romille
3rd Gear
Holy crap! I hope they make it right. That is ridiculous!! It is things like this that have me living in fear of the day our cars have to go to the dealership for any real problems. So far our few dealings with Flow in Raleigh have not gone well.

1. To get bonnet stripe that was included in purchase deal on the MCS... which we had to make them redo because they screwed it up the first time.

2. An oil change with the MCS... and they left the frigging oil cap off! They came out and cleaned it as best they could, but hubby had to wipe oil off the side of the car every time he drove it for a couple weeks.

3. Both cars for the "we owe" wash when we bought them. I swear you could barely tell they even did anything. The MCCS still had all sorts of adhesive on the windows from the sticker, and the MCS had some actual stickers still in it.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 PM
MCS Fever
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I pulled up to the pumps yesterday with my diesel H2 and went in and cussed the woman behind the counter out because the stupid pumps shut off at 75.00... REALLY???? WTF am I suppose to do, only get half a tank??? It's a DAMN DEBIT CARD... why would you shut the pump off at 75.00 bucks.

Dude - Simply start over and swipe your card again. I have been watching diesel jump a dime every couple days and due to fill up the beast soon. ($4.13 a gallon today). When the pump stops at $75, I won't be taking out the station policy on some poor minimum wage clerk who has no say in the matter. You owe that poor woman and apology and a gift, karma is hell.

Now if you want to cuss out the oil company execs for raising prices every few days but not the card limit, go for it.

Last edited by MCS Fever; 03-09-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
pheatton
5th Gear
Having worked for a dealer for nearly ten years I can honestly say that the very few times that this happened there was severe consequences for who ever moved the car last.

Standard procedure for our service dept was when leaving the service lane the other two service advisors would check to make sure all windows etc were closed. Then low adhesion tape was put over the window and roof switches. If you needed to remove the tape the shop foreman was notified and it was noted in the work order which tech was doing so.

We had almost no instances of this happening once I put this in place.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:10 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MCS Fever
Dude - Simply start over and swipe your card again. I have been watching diesel jump a dime every couple days and due to fill up the beast soon. ($4.13 a gallon today). When the pump stops at $75, I won't be taking out the station policy on some poor minimum wage clerk who has no say in the matter. You owe that poor woman and apology and a gift, karma is hell.

No if you want to cuss out the oil company execs for raising prices every few days but not the card limit, go for it.

Sorry but it's still a PIA. You have to wait for it to do it's countdown from 74.75 to 75.00.. soooo damn slow.

Then you have to swipe the card, tell it if it's debit, enter your pin, decline or accept a receipt, decline or accept a car wash, blah,blah blah...

Seriously, wouldn't it be easier just to change the amount to at least 100.00??

At 3.89 per gallon, it allows me to put in just less than 20 gallons. Since most vehicles that use diesel are trucks, I don't know of many that have tanks less than 30 gallons. They could simply allow the diesel pump to go to 100-125 bucks. I mean, afterall, they have our freakin' debit cards...

As far as the lady, I told her it wasn't her fault but she needs to explain to her manager she's getting heat from the customers, maybe that will change it.

I sure as hell don't have time to sit around waiting for the manager to show up.

F*K 'em... it's stupid.

Mark

Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 PM
MCS Fever
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I have been there with a flooded interior once too. It was the kid's Mazda Protege' and we just had it's windshield replaced. Local glass shop, heard good things so I had them do 3 vehicles that needed glass. Big rainstorm one night right afterwards and we wake up in the wee hours to the horn blowing. Car was flooded with water inside and it was causing electrical gremlins to boot.

Needless to say they did hear from me, although they offered to dry it out, we did it ourselves. Removing all the carpet and seats. Had them fix the leaky windshield before putting the carpet back in....

Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
bolar
3rd Gear
It's the credit card companies that shut the pump down after so much, not the station. There should be some sort of sign or sticker on the pump that tells you at what amount they shut off. Different cards have different cut off prices.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Laardilla21
4th Gear
I do all my work at Mini of Charleston....

I have had some night and day experiences there too, but I am glad to hear they are gonnan try and get things fixed for you.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
rusty3096
Neutral
So way didn't the front seats get soaked ?

Old 03-09-2011, 08:54 PM
ballandchain
4th Gear
Yeah, that would have sent me straight to ******* mode.....

Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rusty3096
im wondering that too??

Old 03-10-2011, 02:08 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
I can’t answer that except that the front seats are really tall and the complete back of them are plastic.

I don’t know at what angle the car was sitting at or any of the circumstances.

This is what I do know.

1) The windows were all closed when I gave them the car 3 weeks ago.

2) The windows were still closed 2 weeks after I dropped the car off because I went to check on it since they leave my car outside with the rest of the minis. I was checking up on it because I drive through that parking lot almost every day on my way to Acura and I was making sure no one stole the seats or vandalized the car. With over 5K worth of seats, I didn’t like the idea they left the car outside.

3) We had a torrential downpour over the weekend less than 2 days before I picked up the car.

4) I have 1 1/2” of water under my seats, my carpet is soaked.

Other than that, I can’t tell you anything except I’ll be driving the countryman loaner for a lot longer. If I can swing it, I’d like to buy it.

Mark

Old 03-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
I can’t answer that except that the front seats are really tall and the complete back of them are plastic.

I don’t know at what angle the car was sitting at or any of the circumstances.

This is what I do know.

1) The windows were all closed when I gave them the car 3 weeks ago.

2) The windows were still closed 2 weeks after I dropped the car off because I went to check on it since they leave my car outside with the rest of the minis. I was checking up on it because I drive through that parking lot almost every day on my way to Acura and I was making sure no one stole the seats or vandalized the car. With over 5K worth of seats, I didn’t like the idea they left the car outside.

3) We had a torrential downpour over the weekend less than 2 days before I picked up the car.

4) I have 1 1/2” of water under my seats, my carpet is soaked.

Other than that, I can’t tell you anything except I’ll be driving the countryman loaner for a lot longer. If I can swing it, I’d like to buy it.

Mark
guessin u likin the countryman alot

Old 03-10-2011, 02:26 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
guessin u likin the countryman alot

Yeah I do. I’ve wanted one since the first time I saw it advertised. It drives just like an “S”. I thought it was going to be luggy but it’s a great car. I love it.

Mark

Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
gone offroad with it yet?

Old 03-10-2011, 03:48 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
LOL, no and I doubt I ever will...

Mark

Old 03-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Maugre
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New Countryman, new seats? new? new? new? . More fun ahead. Best of luck lad.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:11 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree you need them to buy you new carpets seats, check the wiring and fuel pump etc etc and then also everything they "fix" will still have a 2 year unlimited mile warranty to them fixing it.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
gothmdoc
4th Gear
You all know I have had all sorts of issues with my dealer. I’ve had glass broken, VIN#’s covered up with electrical tape when having a windshield replaced and then forgetting to remove the tape. They’ve scratched my car, dented my car, blah, blah, blah.

I try at all costs not to use the dealer.

So about 3 weeks ago, my power steering module catches itself on fire... apparently it must have stayed running after I shut the car off and ended up melting the pump and wiring harness.

Anyway, they finally get it done and call me yesterday about 11am to tell me the car is finished and I can pick it up. I get up there and they tell me there is a reprogram for the EPS (power steering unit) to help reduce some of the torque steer but they didn’t do it to my car because it would override the tune I have on the car.

I tell them it’s okay and go ahead and do it... they say it’ll take an hour and a half and they’ll call me when it’s ready.

That’s 11am and I finally get a phone call at 5:52pm to tell me the car is done.

Okay, crappy customer service but whatever, I still manage to pick it up.

My buddy and I check out the car and we’re amazed nothing is damaged... that’s a first.

So I take the car home and park it in the garage.

As many of you know, I have these seats in my car... factory recaros in the front and custom made ones in the rear.

This morning, I decide to drive the car to work and I spread the towel over the back seat to keep my dogs off it. As I slide my hand over my seat, this is what I find.

CLICK ON THE PIC BELOW (Video)

ARE YOU FREAKIN’ KIDDING ME??????

The idiots opened my sunroof open and left the it up while it rained ALL WEEKEND.

Check out how much water is in the bottom of the seat.

Unfreakin’ believable.

Mark

For what its worth man, Your car is truly beautiful. The orange color is the sickest I've seen. I wish I could see it in person. I have a thing for orange and probably would've went with that color if they sold em like that. Your car definitely has style and is put together very well... the black rims really finish out the look

Old 03-10-2011, 11:15 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gothmdoc
For what its worth man, Your car is truly beautiful. The orange color is the sickest I've seen. I wish I could see it in person. I have a thing for orange and probably would've went with that color if they sold em like that. Your car definitely has style and is put together very well... the black rims really finish out the look
Thanks gothmdoc, I've done all I'm going to do to it so now onto something else. (I just went and signed the papers for the Countryman loaner I was driving...lol)

Back to my car.

Good news and Bad news...

The dealer called me up today and told me that the reason my seats and floor were so wet is because the drain for the sunroof was not connected. They asked me if I had pulled the headliner when I repainted the car (which I had not since I left the roof color stock)

I did remind them however that they had pulled the headliner and sunroof when I first bought the car so if it was undone, it was still on them.

So it is what it is.

Mark

Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 AM
wpb mini
5th Gear
oh my god. I just read the saga and what can I say, other than "oh . . . my . . . god"?! Please keep us posted. I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you because nobody deserves to be going through as much as you have.

Have you ever considered contacting your local consumer protection office? In Florida, the Attorney General's Office has a consumer protection unit that takes complaints on business' practices. Maybe there is something like that in your area. Who knows, you might find that other complaints have been filed. Maybe consider getting an attorney if the dealer does not fix things for you properly. I always hate to think of litigation, but you need be preemptive and protect your investment, not to mention your sanity!

Best of luck to you!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 AM
OaklandMini
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe they had both front seats pushed forward and folded down?

In any event, I can't believe how unlucky the OP is. I'd be beyond pissed.
Kudos for keeping your cool.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:15 PM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The dealer called me up today and told me that the reason my seats and floor were so wet is because the drain for the sunroof was not connected. They asked me if I had pulled the headliner when I repainted the car (which I had not since I left the roof color stock)

I did remind them however that they had pulled the headliner and sunroof when I first bought the car so if it was undone, it was still on them.
Was the car never in rain since you first bought the car 2 years ago? Wouldn't you have noticed the leaking a long time ago?

Man..... you have the worst luck ever!

Quick Reply: R56 Par for course.... why would anything be different.