R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Par for course.... why would anything be different.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:22 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Par for course.... why would anything be different.

You all know I have had all sorts of issues with my dealer. I’ve had glass broken, VIN#’s covered up with electrical tape when having a windshield replaced and then forgetting to remove the tape. They’ve scratched my car, dented my car, blah, blah, blah.

I try at all costs not to use the dealer.

So about 3 weeks ago, my power steering module catches itself on fire... apparently it must have stayed running after I shut the car off and ended up melting the pump and wiring harness.

Anyway, they finally get it done and call me yesterday about 11am to tell me the car is finished and I can pick it up. I get up there and they tell me there is a reprogram for the EPS (power steering unit) to help reduce some of the torque steer but they didn’t do it to my car because it would override the tune I have on the car.

I tell them it’s okay and go ahead and do it... they say it’ll take an hour and a half and they’ll call me when it’s ready.

That’s 11am and I finally get a phone call at 5:52pm to tell me the car is done.

Okay, crappy customer service but whatever, I still manage to pick it up.

My buddy and I check out the car and we’re amazed nothing is damaged... that’s a first.

So I take the car home and park it in the garage.

As many of you know, I have these seats in my car... factory recaros in the front and custom made ones in the rear.

This morning, I decide to drive the car to work and I spread the towel over the back seat to keep my dogs off it. As I slide my hand over my seat, this is what I find.

CLICK ON THE PIC BELOW (Video)

ARE YOU FREAKIN’ KIDDING ME??????

The idiots opened my sunroof open and left the it up while it rained ALL WEEKEND.

Check out how much water is in the bottom of the seat.

Unfreakin’ believable.

Mark

Last edited by orangecrush; 03-08-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:27 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That absolutely sucks.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Click on the pic... it’s a video.

Sorry.

Mark

Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
O

M

G

Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 PM
wandrur
Yeah, that was my fault. Didn't mouse over it. I have now, and I think I would have come uncorked. And I'm a mellow guy. My god.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Laardilla21
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geesh...

I have heard of this happening to others.....

I make sure to close everything before I hit the stealership. I would have them replace them for you. I hate that those sweet seats are nearly ruined....

Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Achilless
4th Gear
Your experiences i have read the past 2 years at the dealership have made me absolutely never go to one. unbelievable and i feel bad for you man, hope your bad luck will run out

Old 03-08-2011, 07:04 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh my god, that is brutal! My dealer has been good to deal with, I must be lucky. I would be absolutely furious. I hope you give them a piece of your mind.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Man and I thought waiting an hour for a wash and then an hour and a half to change a freaking Aux jack was bad.

Time to write MINI?.........

Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM
old81
M6
Finally got that little video to play, ouch.

Mark, it might be time to talk to the dealer board in your state and retain a very good attorney to tie these folks into a knot.

That is inexcusable. I believe this is the dealer where a friend is the GM, perhaps he needs to step on some butts.

Don

Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy crap! That would push me straight into an Al Pachino moment. Hope like hell they're buying a seat and probably some carpet.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Agreed on the Al Pachino moment!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:16 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Believe it or not, I was pissed but rather in control. I talked to the service manager and they offered to do whatever it takes to make it right.

I told them I didn’t want anything from them, I’d do it myself. I went back to the shop and pulled the rear seat When I discovered the amount of water under the seats, I drove back to the dealership and spoke to the general manager.

At that point, I told them to fix it themselves. I wanted the carpet pulled, the front seats, etc, etc...

God help them if they *** up my car while it’s in there. Someone will have to bail me out of jail.

I was trying to be professional because I’d like to buy the countryman they let me drive and going off like a madman wasn’t going to accomplish anything for me.

Mark

Old 03-08-2011, 08:25 PM
wandrur
Man, I'd like to shake your hand or buy you a drink or both. Your self control is amazing. Very professional, very nice. Karma salutes you!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Looks like you and Oscar just can't catch a break. You would think that the guys at the dealer would take special care of your car with all the mods and work done to it. You obviously care a great deal about it and its a unique car.

Sometimes I just think its not worth it to put so much time and effort into a car. Its out in the street and elements and sometimes in other people's hands like the dealer or a valet at a parking lot/mall.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:36 AM
murdoc
3rd Gear
I really hope that this dealership isn't the norm. Thankfully the guys down at MINI of Pittsburgh have taken very good care of me so far. Only one trip to the dealership so far tho.
Best of luck Mark, I hope they realize that taking care of customers is supposed to be the first priority. I would think they would take better care of your baby!

Old 03-09-2011, 04:45 AM
gothmdoc
4th Gear
I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. The one person that actually did leave the sunroof open should be FIRED at the least. I would wait around to find out who it was then proceed with an *** whooping. Those seats are gorgeous... Very sorry.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:05 AM
sekhmet101
5th Gear
Wow. Just wow.
You know, I've been through a bunch of crap with my car too. And I've somehow managed to keep calm while dealing with all the bs. But I don't know if I could have kept it together like you did. I give you a lot of credit for not losing it.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:58 AM
Creeve
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly I know its a bit of a drive but were I you I would go to Flow in Winston Salem. My service there has always been impecable.

The only time I had an issue I had made an appointment to stop in for service on my way from VA (where I used to live) to Charlotte to catch a flight. They screwed up and couldn't get my work done in time. Since I lived so far from the dealer and my return flight was on a Sunday and they were closed they offered to have a employee drive to VA (about 2 hrs) in a loaner and drive mine back to N.C. and then return it so I wouldn't have to make the trip again. IMO that is some outstanding service.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:41 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Creeve
Honestly I know its a bit of a drive but were I you I would go to Flow in Winston Salem. My service there has always been impecable.

The only time I had an issue I had made an appointment to stop in for service on my way from VA (where I used to live) to Charlotte to catch a flight. They screwed up and couldn't get my work done in time. Since I lived so far from the dealer and my return flight was on a Sunday and they were closed they offered to have a employee drive to VA (about 2 hrs) in a loaner and drive mine back to N.C. and then return it so I wouldn't have to make the trip again. IMO that is some outstanding service.

Wow, that is good service. The dealer offered to bring me a loaner and I got a call at 6pm telling me I had a car available if I wanted to come get it.

Mark

Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dude it never ends with this dealership and car. As much as I want to say ditch it and start over you two have such a history together it is definitely a conversation piece. My hat is off to you for the crap you have gone through and put up with. I would have flown off the handle by now and I am pretty easy going.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:03 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy cow, dude. You honestly have THE worst luck.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
What is the name of your dealership?

Old 03-09-2011, 08:44 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Originally Posted by yetti96
Dude it never ends with this dealership and car. As much as I want to say ditch it and start over you two have such a history together it is definitely a conversation piece. My hat is off to you for the crap you have gone through and put up with. I would have flown off the handle by now and I am pretty easy going.

The ironic part is I'm NOT. I'll admit I have a temper and have no qualms about getting in someone's face. I pulled up to the pumps yesterday with my diesel H2 and went in and cussed the woman behind the counter out because the stupid pumps shut off at 75.00... REALLY???? WTF am I suppose to do, only get half a tank??? It's a DAMN DEBIT CARD... why would you shut the pump off at 75.00 bucks.

So, no, I'm not a calm person but for some reason I restrain myself. Perhaps it's because both my bodyshops do business with Rick Hendrick and this is a Hendrick dealership, I don't know. All I know is one of these days, ya'll gonna be reading about some guy who went off and lit the place up on the news.

Originally Posted by MINIxB
What is the name of your dealership?
Mini of Charlotte.

To get simple things done (errr, what I would call simple) I go there because it's local. If I needed something serious, I drive to Charleston Mini, they are SUPERB!

Mark

Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Mark and I both use the same dealer.

Our experiences are like night and day. I've never had a problem, other than some disappointment when they gave me a Hyundai Accent 4 door automatic with crank windows as a loaner.

Quick Reply: R56 Par for course.... why would anything be different.