R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 In the market for Cooper S...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Z3RO
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the market for Cooper S...

I have always wanted a Cooper S for my fun driving. Now is a good time for me to make my dream come true. I need to get one soon..
Saw a Laurel edition on the street weeks ago and fell in love with it. I know they are limited and nowhere to find a new one. What's the market value for a used Laurel? I found one at about 15k miles for about $28k. I think the price is a bit high for a pre-owned. Could have bought a new cooper S with some nice options at that price. What do you guys think is the right price?

Or what's a good market price for standard '10 cooper S with 10k miles.

I just want to compare whether its better to buy used or just go with new as their resale is pretty good.

Thanks guys. Really excited to owning one soon..

Old 05-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Roundel
2nd Gear
The '11 changes are worth it IMO. I bought a Mini Executive car, never titled, for $4.5k off MSRP with 5500 miles.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:04 PM
CB35i
Neutral
Originally Posted by Z3RO
I have always wanted a Cooper S for my fun driving. Now is a good time for me to make my dream come true. I need to get one soon..
Saw a Laurel edition on the street weeks ago and fell in love with it. I know they are limited and nowhere to find a new one. What's the market value for a used Laurel? I found one at about 15k miles for about $28k. I think the price is a bit high for a pre-owned. Could have bought a new cooper S with some nice options at that price. What do you guys think is the right price?

Or what's a good market price for standard '10 cooper S with 10k miles.

I just want to compare whether its better to buy used or just go with new as their resale is pretty good.

Thanks guys. Really excited to owning one soon..

My wife ordered and MCS fully loaded with all options including the JCW package back in the beginning of April and took delivery about 2 weeks ago. With the incentive they were running plus discounts, she got it out the door for 30k. MSRP was at 33.5k. We could have bargained more but her order was special as she wanted the black JCW grille trim and Black JCW wheels. The dealer took care of her request without any extra charge, basically ordered a JCW with black wheels and swapped her silver one with the black one. She was happy with the dealer's service so we didn't bargain for more.

My wife special ordered hers, but if you buy off the lot, I'm sure you can get more discounts. You can get a brand new MCS with a few extras for well under 28K.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Malakas
1st Gear
There's a great Laurel in the Classifieds here... just FYI

Old 06-16-2011, 04:43 AM
anitan1
3rd Gear
The Laurel on NAM classifieds is amazing. It's pricey, but has some high $$ mods on it. Those mods may have already been removed and the car may be back to stock. If so, the price will come down.

On the other hand, if you're thinking about spending a lot of money, you'd be well served to check out a new MINI. The incentives right now are pretty good. For us, it was more financially prudent to buy a brand new R56 than a slightly used one...

Either way, you're gonna love your new car. Good Luck.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:32 AM
highlander709
4th Gear
I would echo a previous post in that the upgrades / changes to the 2011 make purchasing new vs used a good decision. Add to that the current incentives regarding reduced rate financing and package offers, and I think it's a "no brainer", unless of course you find a great used deal on a car you fall in love with. Good luck. Either way you won't be disappointed.