R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Blown power outlet fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:13 AM
bisgma
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown power outlet fuse?

Discovered my 2008 MINI COOPER (R56) did not approve of my new tailgate blender...plugged it into front cigarette outlet and promptly blew it and rear power outlet operations! Fuse diagrams on interior (passenger floorboard location) and exterior (under hood) compartments don't depict outlets...I pulled each one, but couldn't see a blown fuse. Some older vehicles refer to R32...switched it out to no avail. Anyone encounter similar problem?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM
klricks
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bisgma
Discovered my 2008 MINI COOPER (R56) did not approve of my new tailgate blender...plugged it into front cigarette outlet and promptly blew it and rear power outlet operations! Fuse diagrams on interior (passenger floorboard location) and exterior (under hood) compartments don't depict outlets...I pulled each one, but couldn't see a blown fuse. Some older vehicles refer to R32...switched it out to no avail. Anyone encounter similar problem?
Did you try something else in the outlets? Maybe you blew the fuse in the 'tailgate blender' cord. What is that anyway? Unscrew the tip of the plug and see if there is a fuse in there.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:16 AM
bisgma
Neutral
Did That Too

Yep...my first thought as well. Did Locate an in-line fuse in the 12 volt blender cord and replaced it thinking that was the obvious problem. Unfortunately blender still didn't operate...yet it did in the neighbors vehicle! And yes, I did verify my outlets with cell phone, etc....both it and the rear power outlet are dead as a door nail. BTW - I use the blender to make fruit smoothies for the kids at their baseball games...beats greasy snack bar food between triple headers...besides one of our guys is Gluten intolerant, and nutrition is always hard to come by when eating out. Thanks for the thought, though. I guess I'll break down and call the Mini dealer (2 hours away) and just ask if this is a common problem (and hopefully simple fix).

Old 07-06-2011, 01:44 PM
MikeInOKC
1st Gear
The rear power outlet in my '08 went out early too. It was still under warranty and we just took it to the dealer for fixing. Along with the haunted power windows and sunroof. Sorry the dealer is so far away for you.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:30 PM
bisgma
Neutral
Great point, Mike. I forgot it would be under warrantee! O.k., I feel better about the drive back up to Annapolis. Thanks, man.