R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Getting worried, advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 03:04 PM
joyride305
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JT///MC
Honestly it might be tough for you to prove that its the intermediate lever issue unless you're BMW/Mini engineer. In my case, BMW issued an SIB and resolved each case on a per customer complaint issue. IIRC I believe it was 0.064mm off tolerance or something minuscule like that. Not something an average person could prove or figure out for themselves.

I would just lemon law the car and get an 2012 one instead. Just not worth fighting Mini trying to solve this mystery problem. It could be anything and I think they'll just keep throwing parts at it until its fixed.

Well I did lemon law it.....but I kept the car. According to the lawyer I would have been left with almost nothing and no car. Yea, I would have gotten rid of the problem but I would have had no money for a down payment and all that, no car in the meantime, and I would have had to get something off the lot. At the time it seemed like the better decision since it wasnt a big issue. I dont care that its in the shop (my job involves a lot of driving so I put 1,200 miles on the last loaner they gave me) so its no big deal to me, even a relief of miles if anything. But I dont want them to make the car worse, and I dont want this to be a problem car in the future. I love my MINI and I want to have it for a long time! But this small issue is becoming a nuisance, and I worry for the longevity of the car.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Inigo Montoya
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any special considerations for the application of the lemon law in cases where a car was purchased at one dealership, but service/repairs were performed at another (particularly if a car was purchased out of state or the purchaser moved to a new state after purchase, etc)?

Is the purchaser required to allow the original dealer an opportunity to fix the car, or are repair attempts at any certified dealership sufficient because Lemon Laws apply to the manufacturer and not the dealer?