R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 My Cooper S doesn't see corners anymore!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
DVUS CPRS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Cooper S doesn't see corners anymore!!

Well, after having a Hotchkis 19mm rear swaybar, NM torque bar bushing, NM SSK and now NM front upper strut mount, my car no longer knows what a corner is. It just turns them into very short straight aways A corner comes, and it just turns in, switches direction into the next one and five corners later, I'm looking for more corners to conquer. Who would've thought that combining all the right parts would make a great car even better?!! Next step, some Koni yellows and NM springs. Hopefully, it becomes the giant go-kart I've been looking for. Just thought I'd share my happiness. Only you guys would understand.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:18 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
That sounds like a nice setup. It hurts my backside to think how that would ride here with the potholes of NJ though. PS...we need pics!

Old 12-07-2011, 08:22 PM
DVUS CPRS
3rd Gear
Well, our roads aren't in that great of condition either. I have my select ones that are just perfect for testing my car's cornering abilities. Unfortunately, there's nothing to take pics of. The only visible mod is the strut brace. Right now I have that sleeper look where it looks totally stock. It's when someone tries to keep up on the straights and into the corners when they realize I've done a few things lol!! Love that!!
Pics after I change the struts n springs.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:51 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like a nice setup!

Come springtime I'll have my suspension setup done. ST coilovers, H&R spacers, Konig Feathers, 19MM RSB. Really excited. I have the RSB already and it made a HUGE difference.

I'd really like a SSK. It's on the ever growing to-do list.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Doug Fowley
2nd Gear
sounds like you have found the perfect combination. drive it like you stole it. fun fun fun.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM
DVUS CPRS
3rd Gear
Our roads aren't worth coilovers. Things get worn out too quickly being so stiffly sprung.
I loved the difference just the RSB made. No more push in the middle of corners!! It just keeps gripping and turning, until I plant my foot all the way down and the boost kicks in and spins the inside wheel lol. I've left a few tire marks on our freshly paved roads hahaha!!! Once all the suspension's done, I'll start on brakes. Already got some EBC Redstuff pads. Just need to decide on rotors. Think I may just stick with NM and get their cryo treated slotted rotors front/ rear. THEN I'll start adding to the engine performance WUHHAHAAHAAA (evil laugh)

Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Link to these strut mounts you speak of? I have Koni Yellows and NM springs and you will be happy....very happy. Get rear adjustable sway bar links too while your at it and add some rear camber. I will be doing fronts cause I already have rears. I need a sway bar too which will probably come at the same time as the front sway bar links.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 AM
DVUS CPRS
3rd Gear
Not sure if you meant strut mounts or strut brace Porthos, but here's the link for the brace, http://nm-eng.com/231/2/0/1445/nm358...m-tie-bar.html totally works well with the H-Sport rear swaybar!! Easiest thing to install too!!
Do the NM springs ride much stiffer than stock springs, and do they drop the car too low or can you still clear massive speed bumps?

Old 12-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DVUS CPRS
Not sure if you meant strut mounts or strut brace Porthos, but here's the link for the brace, http://nm-eng.com/231/2/0/1445/nm358...m-tie-bar.html totally works well with the H-Sport rear swaybar!! Easiest thing to install too!!
Do the NM springs ride much stiffer than stock springs, and do they drop the car too low or can you still clear massive speed bumps?
You add a STB(strut tower bar) I thought you were talking something similar to chamber plates.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:23 AM
DVUS CPRS
3rd Gear
Oh, my fault. I figured camber plates is what you may've been talking about, but wasn't sure. No, no camber plates for me.