R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 looking online OEM parts with cheaper prices

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:55 AM
grips03
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking online OEM parts with cheaper prices

I usually maintain my own cars. I also tend to use OEM parts. Does someone have a name of a online store / parts department that has OEM parts, but at lower than OEM prices? For our BMW, we use Circle BMW and just look up the part number on realoem.com, or they can look it up. But for Mini I need to find a place.

Some of the places I seen, like Sewell, Outmotoring, don't seem to carry all the OEM parts, example OEM brakes and rotors.

thanks

Old 12-28-2011, 09:37 AM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by grips03
I usually maintain my own cars. I also tend to use OEM parts. Does someone have a name of a online store / parts department that has OEM parts, but at lower than OEM prices? For our BMW, we use Circle BMW and just look up the part number on realoem.com, or they can look it up. But for Mini I need to find a place.

Some of the places I seen, like Sewell, Outmotoring, don't seem to carry all the OEM parts, example OEM brakes and rotors.

thanks
grips03,

We are in the process of loading our OEM catalog to our website. We offer and stock all brakes for any MINI in addition to a huge inventory of other OEM parts. Please feel free to contact us directly so we may send you a quote via our website that you are able to order online from. You can use our "Quick Shop" feature on our MINI homepage to input any MINI part number to find price and availability and to order. Make sure to create an account and login to see you special forum pricing.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:28 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Shipping COSTS!

Originally Posted by SewellParts
...Make sure to create an account and login to see you special forum pricing.
Having recently ordered oil filter elements from Sewell, I was pleased to be able to get the genuine MINI item at a decent price. However, I was shocked to pay $24 for shipping -- $3 per filter element

Old 12-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Flamewinger
2nd Gear
I'm gonna stick with the 3 year free maintenace deal then see about doing my own work. It's nice to know there are good deals online but it's gotta be a GOOD deal or I like supporting the local "Brick n mortar" stores.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I've used

ECStuning.com

parts.com

and ddmtuning.com

I've ordered dozens of parts from parts.com including wheels with good luck (with only one hicup).

Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 PM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by oldsbear
Having recently ordered oil filter elements from Sewell, I was pleased to be able to get the genuine MINI item at a decent price. However, I was shocked to pay $24 for shipping -- $3 per filter element
oldsbear,

I just looked at this order and the shipping does look unusually high. I have gone ahead and credited the full amount back to you. I apologize for the error. If anything ever looks unusal on your order, please let me know. Our MINI line is a new part of the site and there are a few kinks to work out so I will be happy to assist with you matters like this anytime.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:44 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
oldsbear,

I just looked at this order and the shipping does look unusually high. I have gone ahead and credited the full amount back to you. I apologize for the error. If anything ever looks unusal on your order, please let me know. Our MINI line is a new part of the site and there are a few kinks to work out so I will be happy to assist with you matters like this anytime.
now thats cool!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:28 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Thanks!

oldsbear,

Thanks -- that's unexpected, for sure. I will look forward to doing business with you in the future

Old 12-28-2011, 09:24 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldsbear
Thanks -- that's unexpected, for sure. I will look forward to doing business with you in the future

I am also impresed, you've found yourself another customer Sewell Parts!!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:23 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There is also www.getbmwparts.com They are Tischer BMW in Silver Spring Md.

Find the Mini part you need and plug it in. Usually very good prices on BMW MIni stuff.

Also www.penskeparts.com I get a 10% discount for being a BMW CCA member. I also get 10-15% at my local dealer with my BMW CCA...

Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 AM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
Thank you, everyone. We are here to provide the highest level of service for our customers so please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Also, sorry to semi-hijack your thread! I have added R56 brakes to the site here while our catalog is under construction. You must be logged in to see your forum pricing.