R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Mini Service Options for Ithaca/Binghamton Area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Mini-LG
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Service Options for Ithaca/Binghamton Area?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations for basic mini service/oil changes for the Ithaca/Binghamton area? I have been to Precision in Vestal, but feel they aren't 100% honest with admitting when things go wrong and they are evasive when asked to explain the so called problems. Example is that they had to keep my car an extra day because they "ran into problems during the oil change." And then my car literally ran out of oil several months later. They also forget to tend to other things that are on the "list" of things to fix (like changing bulbs) and ask me to return. Another strange thing is that they sent me a reminder in the mail of all the things that were "low" during my last visit! Why not take care of them DURING that visit? I like them, they are a friendly crew, but starting to question their knowledge of Mini Coopers and maybe they are just too busy to be thorough, not sure. At least the dealer does everything at once, and does it reasonably well, even though it is expensive.

Thanks much!

LG

Old 01-21-2012, 07:27 AM
MGoode212
Neutral
AJ's Foreign Auto in Ithaca is a good choice for non-warranty work. I took my Mini there for an oil change and the service was great. For warranty work I take the 3 hour drive to Towne Mini up near Buffalo. Hope this helps. -- mg

Old 01-24-2012, 07:45 AM
ColinMc
4th Gear
The only thing I can recommend is staying away from Keeler Mini in the Latham NY. Their service department has caused me nothing but problems with my car(including a trashed turbo and metal shavings all through my motor). To the point where I drove it out of state for recent warranty work...where that dealer even asked who the hell butchered my clutch install and shift linkage...Keeler had done that under warranty, something I had never even touched.