R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Aesthetic Creations black door handle covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 12:05 PM
ScottRuggles
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Braminator
All of you that are still waiting should DENY the CHARGE on your card. Then see how fast they respond to a mass denial of charges. Maybe the moderator should suspend them from the site until they straighten up.

Odd thing, I called them today and they claim the reason they haven't shipped out my products is because they don't have money to pay for shipping...

Odd that they don't respond to my emails, but answer the phone...

I told them the better ship my products out real fast or I would cancel the charge on my card!

Old 02-02-2012, 01:31 PM
drsimmons
6th Gear
Sounds like they are going down the tube.
Better think twice about ordering from them. At least until they change their ways.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
sLy201
5th Gear
so as i said earlier i had an alternative place, well that fell through and got in contact with someone at AC. They told me the handles wont be in stock for another 3 weeks or so and at that time they will contact me to purchase them and they will then charge me and ship them.. seems like this forum has gotten to them !! Kudos and im excited for getting my handles black ... its the last chrome thing >:(

Old 02-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Forgotten for a reason.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
mini4tide
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sLy201
so as i said earlier i had an alternative place, well that fell through and got in contact with someone at AC. They told me the handles wont be in stock for another 3 weeks or so and at that time they will contact me to purchase them and they will then charge me and ship them.. seems like this forum has gotten to them !! Kudos and im excited for getting my handles black ... its the last chrome thing >:(
Yeah, ordering and paying is the easy part. They're always willing to "let" you pay. It's actually getting the part that's more difficult. Good luck! I would'a Plasti-dipped them babies before I pay that price, and wait weeks or months...

Old 02-11-2012, 08:11 PM
gblazei
1st Gear
Hey guys I understand what you are saying, but here are some things to think about that I realize as a small business owner.

1) Financing in this economy is very difficult for small businesses regardless if they are run well or not, banks have turned their backs on us, so having cash tied up in inventory will kill you quickly.

2) Because they manufacture these items themselves, they probably wait until they have a committed number of orders (ie items paid for) that is large enough to justify a production run without having much left over sitting on the shelf tying up cash.

3) Because they are small mfg. this means that they only run production after the production run has been sold.

I personally would rather wait and get these items then have no other options. Plus at the end of the day you are supporting a small local mfg. which means jobs for us.

With all of that said, they should indicate that production and fulfillment orders may take a long time, when I checked several of there items this was indicated. Plus they should update customers regularly as to when production might happen.

As stated by several other members, communication is the key to doing business. With that said I like these products and I am willing to cut them some slack as a small company getting started.

My two cents.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has always been their problem... lack of communication and when they were active on NAM they would fight with their own paying customers.

Mike and Hana have always been good to me so I have no complaints other than what I said earlier. I paid for something and then it took months to ship. Would have been nice if they charged my card the day it shipped.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM
jbourne
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cop1406
I have been tempted by these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-09-BMW-MI...#ht_5352wt_952

They are real carbon fiber. I bought a gas cap cover from this company and it is nice......
Wonder how easy it is to take these off when it's time to sell?

Old 03-06-2012, 03:38 PM
MiniBOL
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jbourne
Wonder how easy it is to take these off when it's time to sell?
It should be fairly easy to remove. They go on with 3M adhesive. You can use automotive glue if you want them on a more permanent basis. I just added extra 3M on mine.

I was gonna go for the eBay ones simce ive seen them on another fellow MINIac. I got a pair of CF door handles and a gas cap from CARBONMINI.com instead. The price is not as cheap like the ones from eBay but the quality is very good. If not as good as the JCW ones, maybe better. They also offer dry CF which supposedly is stronger than the wet-laid ones.

Customer service is great! I would recommend them.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:45 PM
jbourne
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniBOL
It should be fairly easy to remove. They go on with 3M adhesive. You can use automotive glue if you want them on a more permanent basis. I just added extra 3M on mine.

I was gonna go for the eBay ones simce ive seen them on another fellow MINIac. I got a pair of CF door handles and a gas cap from CARBONMINI.com instead. The price is not as cheap like the ones from eBay but the quality is very good. If not as good as the JCW ones, maybe better. They also offer dry CF which supposedly is stronger than the wet-laid ones.

Good to know. I'm alterntively considering just vinyl wrapping mine... Did that to my front grille on my 335 and it's held on rather fine for 3 years, hehe. Admittedly, these handles are a bit hard to remove "just to try wrapping them"....

Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
My_First_Cooper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniBOL

Just ordered from them today! can't wait to get them!!!!!!