R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry I should have been more clear I write differently than everybody sorry I need to work on it but what I meant to say I want to throw air bags on the suspension. Allowing me to raise the car high or have it ultra low. So low the frame is pretty much kissing the ground. I know people hate it for multiple reasons but personally I love the "Hella Flush" look.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Kirby11
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see your pics and I think, why doesn't Mini offer body-color interior trim anymore? It looks so good!

Originally Posted by benzoc
@Kirby11 Those redlinegoods are really giving me some good ideas! I think this Alcantara steering wheel wrap with yellow stitching would be cool. http://www.redlinegoods.com/MINI07leatherwheelcover.php
Always glad to be a Mini enabler. I have blackjack door pad wraps from gobadges and redline's shift/ebrake boots, center armrest, and colorline. I definitely think a black/yellow steering wheel would perfect in yours. Maybe a center armrest cover too? If you're looking for more to paint, what do you think about doing the downtubes on the center column? Too much?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:51 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@kirby11 Ohh your good I need to add you but def that steering wheel and maybe the shift boot ect. If i did the shift boot and e brake i would most likely go with JCW, but back to the armrest if they can do suede or alcantara I will def do that! Soon I am going to look into those pillars too! You have great ideas, and understand we try to keep it clean but yet exotic looking. Thanks for helping do that! :thumbs:

Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Sorry I should have been more clear I write differently than everybody sorry I need to work on it but what I meant to say I want to throw air bags on the suspension. Allowing me to raise the car high or have it ultra low. So low the frame is pretty much kissing the ground. I know people hate it for multiple reasons but personally I love the "Hella Flush" look.
LOL! Got it!

@kirby11 Ohh your good I need to add you but def that steering wheel and maybe the shift boot ect. If i did the shift boot and e brake i would most likely go with JCW, but back to the armrest if they can do suede or alcantara I will def do that! Soon I am going to look into those pillars too! You have great ideas, and understand we try to keep it clean but yet exotic looking. Thanks for helping do that! :thumbs:
Kirby11 has a great eye and a flair for design.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
LittleWing. Haha your telling me a great eye for flair. But hey don't forget to give yourself credit too!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Kirby11
5th Gear
Aw shucks you guys! [blush] You throw enough at a wall something's bound to stick right?

Old 06-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Mini-b10
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man this looks great and now have really given me the drive to do the inside of mine. Great job man!!! Was it hard to remove the dash panels?

@kirby...(not to steal your thread benzoc) Yes I wanted it different but not to bright...In the sun the Spice Orange stands out GREAT!! I have pic on my camera that I need to download. Thanks...

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread!!!

Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 AM
Not4no1
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yellow Rules!! Too bad they only offer yellow on the Countryman now. I guess that makes our MINIs just a little more unique.

@benzoc: It looks good...Factory good

Just curious, do you have any before pictures of your interior? I couldn't tell what color you had originally.

I'm also jealous you're bagging your MINI. I have wanted to do that the day I got Butters, but time & money wouldn't let me.

My goal was to have Butters drop to the ground when I lock him & bounce back up when I unlock...I can still dream.

Keep up the good work!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@Kirby11 hey hey now dont get any ideas hahaha

@Mini b10 Thank you so very much I feel i needed to do something different to the interior to lighten things up. But to remove the dash panels on the passenger side there will be two torx under the door and if you look you will see around 3 or 4 clips around the edges. Get the two closest ones to you first then the back ones and your set! Now with the drivers side its not too bad either, its just when i was replacing my stereo (which never happened) i removed the drivers panel and snapped a clip off -____- But shoot if you get it done please post pics! I would love to see! Oh yeah and that Countryman S you have......Ohhh she looks good

@Not4no1 I hear that well, very too well. Like I said i have only seen 2 other Mellow Yellows in my time driving my car which is nuts to think about. But let me check for you if i have any before pictures of the interior. The stock interior had stock chrome handles, silver dash trim, and the ovals on the door were the same texture and black as the rest of the door. But back to the bagging, its just once I get enough money. I will admit to do that I need to quit smoking cigarettes because I know they are horrible for you and rob your money blind. But shoot hey take butters to this website www.stanceworks.com, and check this link out def. http://www.stanceworks.com/2011/06/accuair-2/ <------ I was speechless with this and its a great setup!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Minibeagle
6th Gear
Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I thought it would look le blech when I saw the thread subject, but I have to say that it is le cool

Old 06-22-2012, 09:04 AM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@MiniBeagle Thanks! I am very pleased with the results. It somewhat reminds me of a Porsche because they offer something similar to what is in my MINI now. Look into probably doing this sometime you will be happy. Trust me.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:30 AM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Kirby11
I see your pics and I think, why doesn't Mini offer body-color interior trim anymore? It looks so good!

Always glad to be a Mini enabler. I have blackjack door pad wraps from gobadges and redline's shift/ebrake boots, center armrest, and colorline. I definitely think a black/yellow steering wheel would perfect in yours. Maybe a center armrest cover too? If you're looking for more to paint, what do you think about doing the downtubes on the center column? Too much?
This is a hi-jack...but gobadges has some blackjack interior goodies that Santa needs to know about...

Back to Mellow Yellow!

Old 06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Mini-b10
4th Gear
I have another thought and I'm just throwing it out there...are you going to paint anymore on the inside? I'm just thinking about the 2 trim pieces that run down either side of the center console that run along the switches, temp control area or would that be to much? Just an idea...not sold on it myself but thought I would throw it in the mixer and see what you would think.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:44 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
looks awesome... i was thinkng about doing this withmy chili red because i got vinyl from mini that doesnt look to good...

Old 06-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
That came out great. Really nice work, especially since you did it yourself. The MCS I just picked up is at the shop for a new color change and the matching interior just like yours.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:23 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@MINI B10 Yeah I have been thinking about those also. Kirby11 threw it out there and I went and looked and saw it would actually look really good. So pretty much its all personal preference, but personally I like the idea. I wanted to also look into getting some Yellow Porsche seat belts retro fitted for my car because i think those would look great too. But I guess to conclude your question nooo its not too much.

@minimike21 Thanks! Yeah I would def suggest this to anyone lol It really brightens up the interior. But real quick question what is wrong with the wrap? Peeling? Fading? ect

@Mini///M Thank you I really appreciate it! But hey that will look good! I have always liked the Hot Chocolate color and was disappointed when they took it away, because I thought it was something different that still looked good. When it gets done though POST SOME PICTURES!

Old 06-22-2012, 06:29 PM
minimike21
5th Gear
I got that mini motoring graphics. I think that's what it was called. I posted about it in a thread. The customer service ordering was great but when I received it and installed it doesn't extend to the edges of the dash panels that it covers. You can still see the silver and black small checks around the edges. It does the job I guess for the price but I wouldn't show it off at a car show haha.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@minimike21 Ahhh I gotcha, yeah I dont know if its just me but it seems like that kind of stuff happens a lil too often unfortunately. But what can ya do sometimes? Ohh but not to get off topic with you here, but you should look at that REDLINE kit for the chrome strip under the window. That would look good on yours most def!

Old 06-23-2012, 06:14 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Good Job, I think it looks amazing!

Old 06-23-2012, 07:10 AM
rum4
Banned
looks good, would have never thought so but seeing it makes me a believer....great job

Old 06-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Mini///M
5th Gear
@Mini///M Thank you I really appreciate it! But hey that will look good! I have always liked the Hot Chocolate color and was disappointed when they took it away, because I thought it was something different that still looked good. When it gets done though POST SOME PICTURES!
My HC Clubbie is staying as is. I agree, I was also disappointed to see it go. I love my HC, its different in a good way (or maybe just biased LOL). I bought a British Racing Green S Hatch but its in pieces right now getting ready for a new flavor. I promise it will be damn nice when its done. Will most def be putting up new pictures when its done. You should take your MY Mini out for a photoshoot and show it off.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:28 PM
OaklandMini
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I initially wasn't sure how they were going to look in the final shots, but WOW, I think it looks fantastic. Seriously nice work!

Old 11-12-2017, 06:27 AM
Bnourai
5th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
Hay all, I am so stuck on removing the hidden glove compartment cover...Help please.
Ben

Old 11-12-2017, 06:33 AM
benzoc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Bnourai
Hay all, I am so stuck on removing the hidden glove compartment cover...Help please.
Ben

Hi Bnourai,

I believe when you open up the compartment you have to look at the underside of the door. There should be some small torx screws underneath. When you unscrew those gently pry up on the trim panel. I attached a video beneath so that can possibly help out. Best of luck with your project!

The following 2 users liked this post by benzoc:
bugeye1031 (11-13-2017), pilotart (12-02-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 07:13 AM
isamin
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Nicely done. Consider rubbing down with 2500 wet/dry paper following up with 3 or 4 coats of crystal clear and then buffing with a 5000 finish pad. The end result is fantastic.
ISAMIN

Quick Reply: R56 Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!